Welcome To aBlackWeb

Y'all getting on that NBA Top Shots

Take a stroll around social media and you’ll see no shortage of people talking about “NBA Top Shot,” a collectible, blockchain-based highlight repository that has been around since July of 2019, but caught fire in the last week with over $50M in revenue hauled in by people still trying to get in on the ground floor of the pseudo crypto currency.

The scarcity is what is bringing people in to Top Shot, and the system is going wild. Right now the highest-priced Top Shot available for auction is a block by Zion Williamson against the Nuggets from January, 2020 — with a ludicrous asking price of $250,000.

It’s addictive and exciting for those involved, and to outsiders the dumbest thing in the world. Why are people paying for trading card-esque “packs” of random highlights, which you can watch for free on YouTube, with no material value? Is this the future of sports collectibles, or a massive grift? And will early adopters be millionaires in 10 years, or the new generation of Beanie Baby collectors?
I tried but I decided I won’t until it’s out of beta and the prices return to normal, everything is being heavily inflated rn because of the recent hype

Y'all getting on that NBA Top Shots

Take a stroll around social media and you’ll see no shortage of people talking about “NBA Top Shot,” a collectible, blockchain-based highlight repository that has been around since July of 2019, but caught fire in the last week with over $50M in revenue hauled in by people still trying to get in on the ground floor of the pseudo crypto currency.

The scarcity is what is bringing people in to Top Shot, and the system is going wild. Right now the highest-priced Top Shot available for auction is a block by Zion Williamson against the Nuggets from January, 2020 — with a ludicrous asking price of $250,000.

It’s addictive and exciting for those involved, and to outsiders the dumbest thing in the world. Why are people paying for trading card-esque “packs” of random highlights, which you can watch for free on YouTube, with no material value? Is this the future of sports collectibles, or a massive grift? And will early adopters be millionaires in 10 years, or the new generation of Beanie Baby collectors?
I missed that wave. May jump in if the packs are still $9. Pull a $100,000 LeBron or Zion...

Google CoinBase EARN. Take them BS quizzes on the shitter. No wrong answers. Unlimited tries. Hold the free crypto they give you, or immediately trade them for Bitcoin like I do...??‍♂️

I’m holding all of my free CoinBase ShitCoins waiting for Cardano ADA to be listed, and will trade them for that...?

My picture is from Binance. They are insane and pay daily. I’ve seen 100% APY, but didn’t like some of the coins, so I passed.

BlockFi/Voyager/Celsius are 5-10% APY. Paid monthly. So $100k in a bank (0.01%) brings back $100 yearly ($8.33 monthly). While $2k in USDC (10%) brings back $100 yearly ($8.33 monthly).

Think of this all as stocks/dividends. Some are 100%, some are 20%, 10%, 5%, etc. And they are paid monthly instead of quarterly like stocks.

Bear in mind USDC is a federally regulated StableCoin and stays worth $1. No crazy gains. So your monthly balance will be $2,008.33 $2,016.66...

With other crypto it will be 2.0BTC, 2.00833BTC, 2.0166BTC...

But BTC is way more volatile as far as USD conversion. Still, even people who hate crypto should do the USDC thang, IMHO...

Last edited:
Voyager’s earnings call just came out. I’ve been holding since 2017 when they were Ethos. They’ve rebranded and bought out one of France’s largest exchanges. LGO will be burned and their value will be added to VGX. 7% APY on all VGX held on their app or website PLUS price discovery. Gonna take over Europe, and then overtake CoinBase. They were through with the crypto IPO before CoinBase knew what to do with a crypto IPO...

24459332-9C07-4C48-AB45-A83F38F6066D.jpeg 52E91392-781C-44EA-9754-FBDD50260A6C.jpeg F9577216-47F7-43EC-A838-A108170F9F9A.jpeg

Back