Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is my next read..haven’t bought it yet tho

anyone here read this? if so, thoughts?

and don’t move to the book thread pls,not looking for pages ofdiscussion on this

Why can’t we really be concerned? I like her, I hope she’s happy and in good health. I think she’s gonna be very important for the world in the coming years.
Not really concerned per se..........just an observation.

She doesn't look naturally fat.......so I don't think she was ever meant to be that big.

In the commercial, she doesn't look comfortable at all.

Almost as if her weight is becoming a burden to her.

That lady bops around a stage for an hour plus on a regular basis AND plays the flute. Do you know the breath control you need to dance around then properly play the damn flute?? Also she went vegan back in 2020. She's probably more healthy then a whole lot of thin people...

That lady bops around a stage for an hour plus on a regular basis AND plays the flute. Do you know the breath control you need to dance around then properly play the damn flute?? Also she went vegan back in 2020. She's probably more healthy then a whole lot of thin people...

Given the current thread still going about some niggas internet godfather dying while "appearing to be in shape" you'd think the idea that being thin meaning you're healthy would take a backseat

Full discolsure, I don't care one way or another about Lizzo, so no need to accuse me of fake concern for her health. lol

That said, not all of the health problems that stem from obesity affect how someone can perform on stage (e.g., higher risk for diabetes and certain cancers). If she's obese and proud, that's fine. It's her life, but I don't think it helps anyone to downplay the negative impacts of obesity.

Also she went vegan back in 2020.

Camron gif.gif

Just because she said she went vegan back then doesn't mean that she actually did.

There's no way she could've been a vegan since 2020 and be heavier now than she was back then.

If anything, there would've been substantial weight loss if she was really a vegan for that long.

Last edited:
Full discolsure, I don't care one way or another about Lizzo, so no need to accuse me of fake concern for her health. lol

That said, not all of the health problems that stem from obesity affect how someone can perform on stage (e.g., higher risk for diabetes and certain cancers). If she's obese and proud, that's fine. It's her life, but I don't think it helps anyone to downplay the negative impacts of obesity.

Nobody is downplaying the risks...but people saying if she lost weight she'd instantly healthier isn't exactly accurate either because there's a shit ton on people who aren't obese suffering from health issues because they treat their bodies like shit. Or lost the weight in unhealthy ways. So yeah they may look smaller but they feel terrible

I think this is my next read..haven’t bought it yet tho

anyone here read this? if so, thoughts?

and don’t move to the book thread pls,not looking for pages ofdiscussion on this

Really interesting read but I quit reading about 60% through bc it was starting to feel repetitive…I should finish it though

Nobody is downplaying the risks...but people saying if she lost weight she'd instantly healthier isn't exactly accurate either because there's a shit ton on people who aren't obese suffering from health issues because they treat their bodies like shit. Or lost the weight in unhealthy ways. So yeah they may look smaller but they feel terrible

I believe the point being made was simply that she would be healthier if she lost some weight. You are correct though. It would be detrimental if she went about that recklessly.

listening to talk radio this morn…and before it begins they always play a clip, a highlight, of a previous show…lady calls in, saying she had dinner w an ex of hers..her family was concerned and asked her if she was gonna tell her current bf and she said no, she didn’t think she needed to bc it’s her business..

the host says she doesn’t agree w her decision, proceeds to explain…

after the highlighted clip they always play a song to play into the show.. and the song was Runaround Sue.. I died. They’re so cold lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back