Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think gender reveal parties are dumb and not necessary but people going with the trend will keep doing them. With that said.....

Accidental gender-reveal explosion kills an expectant father in New York

Growing up, Christopher and Michael Pekny were brothers and best friends. It only made sense that when 28-year-old Christopher was preparing to celebrate the upcoming birth of his first child, his little brother was right there beside him.

“My brother Michael and my brother Chris were so incredibly close,” Peter Pekny, their oldest brother, told The Washington Post early Tuesday. “‘Chris and Mike’ — it was one name. They were always, always together.”
And so the two men were together Sunday morning, tinkering in a garage in Liberty, N.Y., to rig a small device to emit a pink-or-blue burst during the grand finale of a gender-reveal party planned for later that evening.

But the homemade device unexpectedly malfunctioned, killing the expectant father and seriously injuring his 27-year-old brother, New York State Police said in a statement Monday. Police are still investigating the cause of the explosion, but no criminal charges have stemmed from the accident.

Personally I think gender reveal parties are dumb and not necessary but people going with the trend will keep doing them. With that said.....

Growing up, Christopher and Michael Pekny were brothers and best friends. It only made sense that when 28-year-old Christopher was preparing to celebrate the upcoming birth of his first child, his little brother was right there beside him.

“My brother Michael and my brother Chris were so incredibly close,” Peter Pekny, their oldest brother, told The Washington Post early Tuesday. “‘Chris and Mike’ — it was one name. They were always, always together.”
And so the two men were together Sunday morning, tinkering in a garage in Liberty, N.Y., to rig a small device to emit a pink-or-blue burst during the grand finale of a gender-reveal party planned for later that evening.

But the homemade device unexpectedly malfunctioned, killing the expectant father and seriously injuring his 27-year-old brother, New York State Police said in a statement Monday. Police are still investigating the cause of the explosion, but no criminal charges have stemmed from the accident.

I wouldnt say reveal parties are dumb but the extravagant ways they go about finding the gender is dumb af.

Had a shower thought about the word "rally" today. Nowadays, it's usually associated with meeting up to hear somebody talk and the most you do is chant some slogan back at them, laugh at some jokes they tell to relate to the audience and leave. The most danger you're in is driving home or getting covid from somebody at the event like herman cain.

But back then, if you heard the word rally it usually meant some lord was calling you to go to war and that may have been the last time you saw your family for months or years or ever.

Just ironic that a word basically went from a person minding their own business getting called to be maimed at best to getting stabbed and killed at worse is now synonymous with intentionally putting yourself in harm's way to hear somebody talk.

Had a shower thought about the word "rally" today. Nowadays, it's usually associated with meeting up to hear somebody talk and the most you do is chant some slogan back at them, laugh at some jokes they tell to relate to the audience and leave. The most danger you're in is driving home or getting covid from somebody at the event like herman cain.

But back then, if you heard the word rally it usually meant some lord was calling you to go to war and that may have been the last time you saw your family for months or years or ever.

Just ironic that a word basically went from a person minding their own business getting called to be maimed at best to getting stabbed and killed at worse is now synonymous with intentionally putting yourself in harm's way to hear somebody talk.
Don’t you just love the shower?

Freak accident. Fluke.

The law of averages. Sad shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back