Welcome To aBlackWeb

I honestly cut Lena a LOT of slack. She really had monumental task: Continue with a show after the main character is in trouble with the law and has to be ejected from the cast abruptly.

That's usually DEATH for a show. And this is a super ambitious show. The writing this season is awful. But that is to be expected. I honestly feel like the show prolly should make next season the last season and be done with it.

Niggas underestimated how important brandon was to the show and trajectory of the story. He was the six degrees of separation that connected all the characters.

People aren't understanding the amount of undoing they had to do. Gotta give her some credit here. It could be much worst.

I'm hoping the pandemic has provided them the proper amount of time to right the ship going forward.

Think he's talking about the scene with Lena Waithe and Douda and the other nigga, I forget his name, when they came at her saying she should drop out of the race

Oh ok. I remember the other dude was Kevin girl's father. I gotta watch that again to remember the dialogue but I definitely remember the scene

talkin bout how they'd split the black vote & he could only endorse 1

then she was all "yall gon do me like so&so" & felt like she was readin from Wikipedia lol

She referenced Shirley Chisolm...which is a good reference to drop, but she should've expounded more on why exactly she used that name. The scene isn't that bad and isn't on some gender war shit. It's an issue you see happen in politics all the time

I honestly cut Lena a LOT of slack. She really had monumental task: Continue with a show after the main character is in trouble with the law and has to be ejected from the cast abruptly.

That's usually DEATH for a show. And this is a super ambitious show. The writing this season is awful. But that is to be expected. I honestly feel like the show prolly should make next season the last season and be done with it.

All she had to do was find another actor to play Brandon.

He's not some major, big name actor that couldn't have easily been replaced with someone else.

Granted, the "character" was an integral part of the show...........but not the actor.

Another thing that bothered me was how Keisha's parents treated Ronnie when he came to visit her.

Those ungrateful birds acted like they didn't even wanna acknowledge him.

Not a.............."thanks again for saving my daughter"........or anything.

Stud girl just said "what's up"..........let him in..........and then showed him the door without saying another word to him.

As much as she was grieving for her daughter, I would've expected the mother to have at least given the man a hug or something.

But she just looked at him like he was something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe.

Besides Keisha, Kevin was the only one in the family who had the decency to visit him in the hospital and thank him.

Would've been out of character for him to do it, but I kinda wish Ronnie would've snapped and gone off on them.

Last edited:
Another thing that bothered me was how Keisha's parents treated Ronnie when he came to visit her.

Those ungrateful birds acted like they didn't even wanna acknowledge him.

Not a.............."thanks again for saving my daughter"........or anything.

Stud girl just said "what's up"..........let him in..........and then showed him the door without saying another word to him.

As much as she was grieving for her daughter, I would've expected the mother to have at least given the man a hug or something.

But she just looked at him like he was something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe.

Besides Keisha, Kevin was the only one in the family who had the decency to visit him in the hospital and thank him.

Would've been out of character for him to do it, but I kinda wish Ronnie would've snapped and gone off on them.
I said it before, Both the Momma and Dre owe Ronnie some tonsil action. Nigga did more investigation than both of them, then risked his life to save Keisha. They should have took Homie in the back and blessed him. Then made him a meal.

The Emmett crossover into Brandon character is bad. Niggas giving him props on the food, but this nigga can’t cook.Dom don’t need him, he’s the middle man. The shit they pulled on Sonny is bogus.

Not true at all.

Folks got use to Jason Mitchell playing Brandon and all he brought to the character.

A different actor would bring a whole different style to the Brandon character.

Nah, he's disposable.

Nothing more important than the integrity of the storyline.

I could understand if this was a show like The Wire and they wanted to replace the actors who played Avon and String.............but The Chi would've been better off doing whatever they could to keep Brandon's storyline intact.

Even if it meant finding another actor.

This babymama ghetto bullshit with Emmett is a horrible substitute.

Nah, he's disposable.

Nothing more important than the integrity of the storyline.

I could understand if this was a show like The Wire and they wanted to replace the actors who played Avon and String.............but The Chi would've been better off doing whatever they could to keep his storyline intact.

This babymama ghetto bullshit with Emmett is horrible.

Unless you thought Jason Mitchell wasn't doing a good job to began w/. Nah he wasn't disposable.

The show in you sig was the the epitome of "Show 1st, characters 2nd" but do you really think they could've just replaced Wood Harris as Avon or Michael K Williams as Omar.

Nah each one of them actors bought something to their respective characters that's folks liked and got use to.

His story was the focus of the whole show, Jason Mitchel wasn't bigger than the show. Anyone could have stepped in that role to continue once Jason decided to be a dirtbag

Unless you thought Jason Mitchell wasn't doing a good job to began w/. Nah he wasn't disposable.

The show in you sig was the the epitome of "Show 1st, characters 2nd" but do you really think they could've just replaced Wood Harris as Avon or Michael K Williams as Omar.

Nah each one of them actors bought something to their respective characters that's folks liked and got use to.

You're proving my point.

Jason Mitchell and The Chi aren't on the same level as The Wire and the actors you mentioned.

Back