Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let's not start taking soundbites and clips and running with them ok? Lol

You are doing yourself a disservice if you didn't listen to the whole interview.

Not saying you didn't LV

I'm almost done with the Umar interview. He's always an interesting interview. He makes some good points and there are things I disagree with him about but I recommend everyone watch it or put it on in the background

He has some good points especially with the politics points, disagree about naomi osaka and Deshaun Watson. I normally dont agree with him at all but this was good.

Positive cultural representation for one which goes a long way

for every thing Haiti represents historically ....contemporarily every time you hear of Haiti it’s something negative or disastrous

What tangible impact would that have? Somebody playing a sport don’t change the mind of non black folks. We see it all the time. You still a nigga even if you can dunk a ball or catch a TD.

One of the reason the NBA is investing in the
What tangible impact would that have? Somebody playing a sport don’t change the mind of non black folks. We see it all the time. You still a nigga even if you can dunk a ball or catch a TD.
Doggie u way too smart for where this convo is going....

Naomi could have gotten American citizenship if she wanted

It’s more lucrative as far as endorsements and funding money to play for Japan it’s that simple

why you think she is the highest paid female athlete in the world
That's a disingenuous claim. Her reasons were hers and hers alone to know. It may have nothing to do with money and more to do with opportunity.

And she had a U.S. citizenship she renounced it recently, as Japan doesn't recognize dual citizenship.

That's a disingenuous claim. Her reasons were hers and hers alone to know. It may have nothing to do with money and more to do with opportunity.

And she had a U.S. citizenship she renounced it recently, as Japan doesn't recognize dual citizenship.
Elaborate on those opportunities fam?

Elaborate on those opportunities fam?
United States Tennis Association will recruit very young players and help them to develop. If she showed no notable talent or had no tournament experience, she would have been largely ignored among the hundreds of other prospects.

The talent pool would be smaller in Japan by comparison allowing her - a small fish from a big pond to be a medium/large fish in a small pond. Less competition would allow her easier access to trainers and coaches and equipment.

United States Tennis Association will recruit very young players and help them to develop. If she showed no notable talent or had no tournament experience, she would have been largely ignored among the hundreds of other prospects.

The talent pool would be smaller in Japan by comparison allowing her - a small fish from a big pond to be a medium/large fish in a small pond. It would allow her easier access to trainers and coaches and equipment.
So funding?

which is what I literally said in this thread

So funding?

which is what I literally said in this thread

No
It's training. As in she didn't look good enough for the ATA or USTA to pick her up, but if she doesn't get picked up by somebody right now, her skills will diminish.

Financial outcome isn't guaranteed in small market only training and tournament experience. You have to get training first, even an unproven, untalented, commodity can get picked up and properly trained if the right eyes see you.

No
It's training. As in she didn't look good enough for the ATA to pick her up, but if she doesn't get picked up by somebody right now, her skills will diminish.

Financial outcome isn't guaranteed in small market only training and tournament experience. You have to get training first, even an unproven, untalented, commodity can get picked up and properly trained if the right eyes see you.
What’s the ATA?

Back