Welcome To aBlackWeb

dope interview tho

I like the new single but I cant help but sing the other song he got with Bun on that beat already

idk why they did that

Folks in Atlanta was not bumpin Jay like that until Jermaine Dupri dropped Money Ain't A Thang and even then it wasnt like that. Blueprint 1 is when I remember hearing folks big up Jay in the city.

I saw this interview...

They're a casualty of the business side of music. There's a lot of resentment for Heavy D and Andre Harrell. D gave them 2 hit records and a hit album, he gave them the platform to build off of, they just made bad choices in their personal lives that ended up hurting their careers. Two of the said they were in prison and one was doing fraud and got sent up north.

While I agree that yes it's wrong how they were taken advantage of, D doesn't owe them anything and neither does Andre Harrell. That shit was almost 30 years ago. You learn from your mistakes and move on - Wayne got played by Birdman, Snoop lost out big to Suge Knight then met Master P, Puffy lost BIG and made himself into an artist, Clipse got screwed by Jive and then linked up with Pharrell, Will Smith went bankrupt and then tried acting and ended up on Fresh Prince, Bun B lost Pimp C and became a solo artist and an educator. I didn't like when he said he felt it was karma what came around to Heavy D for not reconciling with them.

when they came out in 95 hip hop was too large and r&b groups were beginning to pushed aside.

also i've seen countless docs on andre harell moving towards tv and movies with uptown not focusing on the music then becoming president of motown.

heavy d took over uptown but he was an artist who did not like the day to day responsibilities of being president of a label.

soul for real just came at the wrong time and had bad luck

Fine ass Eboni K. Williams. Don't agree with all of her political stances but her honestly made a good listen.

Last edited:

These dudes soul for real look like drunks

One of them said Heavy D didnt make them, they was rugged street niggas but when they opened their mouth, they had the voice of angels. I'm dying rn at that. I'm too young to remember when they came out, but from looking at old videos its obvious they was some dusty kids not some street niggas.
I feel bad if they got fucked over on their record deal, but they speaking on shit that happened over 20 years ago like it happen 5 years ago, wtf. Shit was a big ass sob story, sheesh. They dont got money or fam anymore but they really wanna work with the top song writters in the industry, like those ur only options.

One of them said Heavy D didnt make them, they was rugged street niggas but when they opened their mouth, they had the voice of angels. I'm dying rn at that. I'm too young to remember when they came out, but from looking at old videos its obvious they was some dusty kids not some street niggas.
I feel bad if they got fucked over on their record deal, but they speaking on shit that happened over 20 years ago like it happen 5 years ago, wtf. Shit was a big ass sob story, sheesh. They dont got money or fam anymore but they really wanna work with the top song writters in the industry, like those ur only options.
Them niggas washed

Nah I feel in this day and age there's more options for them it just depends on them. They want songs with Chris Brown and top artists you gonna have to grind your way to that.

I see people like Sammy, 2Chainz, Meek Mill, Tyga, Pitbull, etc. Who had destroyed in the public eye or fell off and managed to pick themselves up and re-establish their careers. These guys can too they just need to stay outta trouble.

Didnt watch the interview yet but can they go on tour with other R&B acts from that era? Or they should try to be an opening act for New Edition, Kieth Sweat, Brian McKnight, etc

Back