Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Boys is an upcoming American superhero dramaweb television series based on the comic book The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. The show was developed by Eric Kripke, Evan Goldberg, and Seth Rogen.

The Boys takes place in "a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame" and "revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty."[

Shit, this sounds interesting af but I'm going to reserve judgment until I see it

So Simon Pegg is going to be in the show, but not play as Hughie, which is weird has hell considering the comic book version looks and IS based off of Simon Pegg.

Amazon has put out the first trailer for its adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's comic book series The Boys - and you can watch it below!

A sizzle reel trailer for The Boys was previously released during New York Comic-Con 2018, but this official trailer from Amazon truly gives a sense of what the demented tone of this show will be, rather than just laying out the basic plot-points and premise.

The premise of this TV adaptation of The Boys is set, "in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame and revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty."

The main appeal of the comic was seeing what are essentially blue-collar workers take on the power and celebrity of major public figures (in this case, superheroes), adding a sort of class warfare thematic subtext that's unique in the superhero genre. The fact that it comes from Preacher creator Garth Ennis also means that plenty of in-your-face sex, violence, and generally demented oddity is also part of the mix.

The success of Preacher's TV adaptation on AMC has brought showrunners Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg back to the well of Garth Ennis works, this time partnering with Supernatural creator Erick Kripke. That combination of talent at the head of The Boys has fans feeling confident and excited that the work will get a fitting adaptation, and based on what Amazon is showing here, that's probably a very safe bet! The series has a very Watchmen feel to it, up until the Preacher-style hijinks really kick in. that's the sort of combination that should help make the series a "buzz-worthy" addition to Amazon's lineup.

0COMMENTS
The Boys stars Karl Urban and Jack Quaid in the lead roles of "The Boys" leader Billy Butcher and new recruit Hughie Campbell (respectively). Also in the ensemble cast are Jennifer Esposito (The Affair), Elisabeth Shue (CSI), Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad) Anthony Starr (Banshee), Dominique McElligott (Hell On Wheels), Jesse Usher (Independence Day: Resurgence), Chance Crawford (Gossip Girl), Laz Alonso (Fast & Furious), Tomer Kapon, Nathan Mitchell, and Erin Moriarty (Jessica Jones).

This has got a real Powers vibe to it.. that cheesy ass "edgy" superhero show Sony/Playstation tried to come out with some years back.

I'll reserve judgement and give it at least 3 episodes before I call it tho.

This has got a real Powers vibe to it.. that cheesy ass "edgy" superhero show Sony/Playstation tried to come out with some years back.

I'll reserve judgement and give it at least 3 episodes before I call it tho.

I actually liked it but thought Sony didn't execute properly trying to have it air solely off psn with no other content. That was a fuck up.

Laz Alonzo got bad luck I don't think hes ever been in a series that lasted more than 2 seasons or that hasn't killed him off in less than 1. Dead ass. Hopefully this works out for him.

Same for karl urban come to think about it... this shit doa.

Back