• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
No????

He's wearing it as a fashion statement like how every nigga on that show wore du-rags. You think Bodie was wearing du-rags to protect his waves? No. The nigga didn't even tie his du-rags when he had them on most of the time.

He wore it as a fashion statement. Bonnets have never been worn as a fashion statement like du-rags, scarfs, headbands.

Bonnets are exactly like shower caps. They just make shower caps in different material like silk and put cute designs on them and viola you have a bonnet now.

What's the difference between a bonnet and a shower cap?

OG Locs wit’ tha curl in tha 80’s...them niggaz wore shower caps Cuz

:hahaha:

No they won't. Bonnets don't lay flat like scarfs do so they will not look the same on everybody's head.

Plus like I mentioned before, the disadvantage to wearing bonnets as opposed to scarfs and du-rags is bonnets cover the hair completely so you can't wear it and show off your hair like you can with a scarf or du-rag.

Anybody who's wearing a bonnet is trying to hide their hair most likely because it's not done or not looking good.

You're trying to apply logic to fashion. Sometimes all it takes is the right name on something to make it pop no matter how stupid it might look.

Bonnets and du-rags are not worn in public for the same reasons.

If you see a woman in a bonnet it only means one or two things.

1. She is about to go get her hair done meaning it's not done at the moment

2. She was wearing it at home to protect her hair from getting messed up so the hair is already done but she's not trying to fuck it up.

Those are the only reasons women are wearing bonnets. They are not wearing bonnets to match their heels or hails. It's strictly worn for those reasons and for their hair. Not to accessorize with other clothing items. Now they do make more designer themed bonnets now more than in the past but that doesn't change the function of the bonnet.

Now with du-rags, they are not always worn with protecting hair in mind. Some niggas wear du-rags under their hats in the winter time to stay warm. Some niggas wear du-rags specifically to match their clothes or shoes. I can tell you for a fact that every nigga that's wearing a du-rag is not trying to protect his waves. The majority of du-rag wearers these days are wearing them as a fashion statement and not as a necessity like how women wear bonnets.

Bruh in 2021 niggas ain’t wearing du rags to match clothes. Not in a popular way at all.

Nigga did you just compare wearing a bonnet to lynching?

Punk. You just compared something happening for decades. Apples to apples. A simple comparison. Learn how to defend a position. I would have blazed on you in the debates. You will be the one in pink thongs because you are showing support to these thots who are overweight and being called out for wearing thongs to Walmart.

Punk. You just compared something happening for decades. Apples to apples. A simple comparison. Learn how to defend a position. I would have blazed on you in the debates. You will be the one in pink thongs because you are showing support to these thots who are overweight and being called out for wearing thongs to Walmart.

Thread topic is about wearing a bonnet in public. Comparison is made between another item people wear to sleep being worn in public. You come in talking about lynching and pink thongs. Sure those things all relate...

Thread topic is about wearing a bonnet in public. Comparison is made between another item people wear to sleep being worn in public. You come in talking about lynching and pink thongs. Sure those things all relate...

No dude. Comparison YOU made is something that people have done in the past. This is the nuance of a debate, where anything said can be picked apart. You said dudes been wearing junk on their heads in public for decades. I said black folks been getting lynched for decades. You too ignorant to know you just opened yourself up for me to attack your point. Go ahead and stay in your feelings like these thots.

Back