Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
D684CFA0-1348-4334-ADC0-571321192B89.jpeg

Currnetly in social media land theres a debate going around about bonnets:

me personally, I dont give a flying fuck if someone has a bonnet on or not. Its truly none of my business. Hell, Ive worn rollers to the airport šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. I think policing Black womens attire especially in settings like the airport or the corner store is fucking ridiculous!!!!

it also screams respectability politics!!
i think bonnets are one of those things that people hate because it is associated with Black women who don't care about respectability and presentability in public places

and so other Black people who are CONSUMED by presentability can't shut up about it.

its ludicrous.

let people do what they want to do.
bonnets aint harming nobody

Iā€™m 38. Iā€™ve got a bad back, two children, thereā€™s a global pandemic, there are murderous cops on every corner and gas in Cali is damn near $5 a gallon.

I got way more important shit to worry about than black women wearing bonnets.

Ive already dedicated too many brain cells to this shit this morning.

I was taught to look decent when you come out the house, so that's what I do. Same for my siblings and cousins.

When my hair was longer, if I came out the crib, it was done every single time, even if I threw a hat on, my hair was done underneath it. My sisters won't come out without their hair done. Same for your appearance: I won't come out lookin' like a slob, even if it's just to go check the mail 'cause that's how I was raised.

And stop comparing what we have come to expect from our people to how white folks operate, we ain't them and they ain't us. Fuck what Becky and Chad lookin' like when they step out.

Bonnets and Pajamas in public is tacky as fuck.

Nasty ass gon be all in Walmart with PJs on and gon right back in the bed with those same clothes šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Right! Niggas just walking soaking up that poisonous Walmart air and then coming home and depositing it into their mattress and co-mingling it with their sanitized ā€˜home airā€™. Now ya got HomeMart air in the crib. Niggas might as well just buy a new house after that.

*daps*

I see it like this it has alot to do with what you see on tv. They hair always done and taking trips and throwing drinks at each other. So I think that's why some may think that every black woman hair should be to the nine. But being realistic it's a lot of em that when they get home they pulling that wig off.

I do dig the head wraps though.

About the way you look. Too many times I see mf'ers walking around with rollers in there hair, niggas out and about wearing pajamas. That shit trashy, just because white people be looking bummy don't mean black people should do it

And what if they DONT give a fuck. What then?

Back