Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Black Man/Black Woman thread

The Mad Titan

Greetings brothas and sistas,

In the other thread, brotha @Elzo69Renaissance posted information regarding a one Gloria Steinem. A cia agent who/owner of Ms. magazine.

The posted article stated the Gloria ghostwrote the Michele Wallace article published in her magazine entitled "The Black Macho and The Myth of Superwoman" in the 1970s. The theory is that the cia. by way of Gloria and her magazine, helped to divide the black man and black woman in order to sabotage the civil rights/black power movement.

I want to delve deeper into this as it relates to recent ongoing debates between us brothas and our sistas. Obviously we have some deep rooted issues, and it is my belief that our advancement is fundamentally dependent on the black family.

At this point, I think we need to go back in history, and really examine the gripes of each other. We need to understand what our legit gripes with one another are and where we have been infiltrated and manipulated.

I'll post some relevant info later. I'm bout to sip some XO and watch this game.

@DOS_patos you have the pulpit

Thank you sir.

We all have to take blame....either directly or indirectly.

It's plenty of thorough men and women in our race but not enough to carry the race.
Which they shouldn't.

Unfortunately, the few we have are stretched thin...and others don't care or are apart of the let em cook brigade.

We are overlooking and making excuses for fuckery. Often in the beginning stages...but want to fight at the end when people ....our people say shit like men or women of our race ain't shit.

Are we really looking for the problem to solve? Or is it only for attachment purposes.

If men were men and women were women and everyone knew their roles...and power struggles were left to sports.....issues would be minimal.
But who's teaching or not teaching our kids what?

I have my own solutions that can be integrated with others. But we need everyone to be on code.

But who's going to be the first to back down over who's wronger...so we can begin to solve the problem.

@Alle'Oop
@5th Letter
@Duwop

Thank you sir.

We all have to take blame....either directly or indirectly.

It's plenty of thorough men and women in our race but not enough to carry the race.
Which they shouldn't.

Unfortunately, the few we have are stretched thin...and others don't care or are apart of the let em cook brigade.

We are overlooking and making excuses for fuckery. Often in the beginning stages...but want to fight at the end when people ....our people say shit like men or women of our race ain't shit.

Are we really looking for the problem to solve? Or is it only for attachment purposes.

If men were men and women were women and everyone knew their roles...and power struggles were left to sports.....issues would be minimal.
But who's teaching or not teaching our kids what?

I have my own solutions that can be integrated with others. But we need everyone to be on code.

But who's going to be the first to back down over who's wronger...so we can begin to solve the problem.

@Alle'Oop
@5th Letter
@Duwop
Can’t solve the problem when people can’t even agree on what the problem even is.

Can’t solve the problem when people can’t even agree on what the problem even is.

True dat

And thats the purpose of this thread. For us to get beyond the finger pointing and have an objective look at where shit went wrong. At one point we had shit crackin as a family unit and the crack epidemic wasn't the start of the downfall. Albeit it was the nuke.

True dat

And thats the purpose of this thread. For us to get beyond the finger pointing and have an objective look at where shit went wrong. At one point we had shit crackin as a family unit and the crack epidemic wasn't the start of the downfall. Albeit it was the nuke.

I'm curious... if it wasn't the crack epidemic and mass incarceration that decimated the black family... what in your opinion was it?

I'm curious... if it wasn't the crack epidemic and mass incarceration that decimated the black family... what in your opinion was it?

Thats what I want to take a look at. The crack era was the nuke no doubt. But shit started coming apart before that.

The article from my op makes me curious about propaganda and the gov's clandestine activites a la Cointelpro. I want to explore whether "black feminism" molded to be a part of that.

Thats what I want to take a look at. The crack era was the nuke no doubt. But shit started coming apart before that.

The article from my op makes me curious about propaganda and the gov's clandestine activites a la Cointelpro. I want to explore whether "black feminism" molded to be a part of that.

You truly believe that? We are in agreement about drugs and the war on drugs being the major part... I feel like before that shit popped off we were just about on the same accord and working towards the same goal

Maybe im mistaken tho.

I dont believe it yet, only that its plausible. I put nothing past this gov.

But from that article and the response to it, there was mos def something brewing. I also found interesting comments from the author of that Black Macho article. Her mother wrote a book as well.

I'll post em up later

So Michele Wallace had this to say in a later interview about her writing:

"When I wrote Black Macho, it was a real struggle for me because I was 25-26-27, writing about things that I myself had not experienced and if I had, I was so young that I didn’t remember them well whereas she [Faith Ringgold] was an adult. Going through all these different things, she saw at the peak of her adulthood, whereas I was a child, and what I remember had a dream-like quality to it "

"You know it seems like to me apart from writing and publishing Black Macho, I’ve always been a vigorous supporter of my mother. And I think what happened in Black Macho had a lot to do with my editor and publisher and what they wanted to hear. So not to say that I didn’t have a responsibility—a responsibility that was pretty big.”

End quote

Those are very interesting to me. So here we have this young sista, who has this writing published, but here she's speaking as if she really didn't believe in what she was writing. I also read that during her photo shoot for the cover of Ms Magazine, the photographer told her to take her braids out because they would mess up the picture. To me that's a blatant attempt at separating her from her blackness., which in my opinion is a huge problem with this black feminist movement.

I believe that the issues black women face are inherently due to them being black rather being a woman. I'll add more on that later.

But to separate black women from their blackness serves to not only push forward the agenda of white women, but it also divides our community along gender when in fact we both suffer our oppression around our blackness first and foremost.

I think incarceration and high Vietnam death rate for black troops lead to a lot of issues. People didn’t believe in ptsd or shell shock back then and black peoples wernt doing therapy like that. Self medication

12bookforman-print2-jumbo-v2.jpg

I think incarceration and high Vietnam death rate for black troops lead to a lot of issues. People didn’t believe in ptsd or shell shock back then and black peoples wernt doing therapy like that. Self medication

Yeah, that part gets glossed over.

Funny thing, even tho it was a fictional movie, Dead Presidents depicted this rather well. You see Lorenze Tates chsracter struggle with PTSD, social economics and eventually takes it out on his s/o

And we see Chris Tuckers character who has thise same struggles but chose drugs to cope.

I saw a statistic that White children are more likely to be fatherless than Black children.

For some reason there's a stigma that Black men don't take care of their children, which isn't true.
i think when a father there...hes more present than any parent...but alot of dudes bounce and dont give a fuck.

I saw a statistic that White children are more likely to be fatherless than Black children.

For some reason there's a stigma that Black men don't take care of their children, which isn't true.

I mentioned in the other thread that the CDC numbers from a couple of years showed that when black men are able to be in their kid's, they are among the most active in their kid's lives. To be honest, I bet that came as a surprise even to most black people. We've been fed and recited the lines about deadbeat daddies so much, I bet a large percentage of our community thought it was true. The same goes with the idea that black men stray so much from black women. The numbers show that like ~88% or something like that of black men marry black women. Again, that's pretty high when compared to what men of other races do. Now it's true that black women are well over 90% when it comes to marrying black men, but I guarantee you that number is dropping.

For a long time, Black women have been claiming that they are more loyal. I think the reality is that they just didn't have options because men of other races weren't checking for them. That has changed now, and now you start to see a lot of sistas with dudes of other races. And instead of just admitting they wanted to try something else out, black women blame black men for their straying. lol

Back