Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Black Man/Black Woman thread

I respect your position.

Simply because your truth is your truth.
It's not mine but I WILL respect yours.

Ain't no your truth or my truth in this matter. If you're saying that Hispanics as a group, for example, stick to their own and don't support businesses from outside groups, that's factually incorrect. If you're saying, that in whatever pocket of the world you live in, there is a pretty self contained Hispanic community that doesn't deal much with outsiders, then fine. I can't speak to that because I'm not where you're from. All I know, is that I've traveled all over the U.S. a lot, and if the Hispanics I have to deal with want collards and mac and cheese, they don't say "I'd like that, but the restaurant is owned by black people so I'll just go get more tacos instead." No, they go get lunch at the soul food restaurant or chinese restaurant or Indian or whatever the fuck they want like anyone else.

Ain't no your truth or my truth in this matter. If you're saying that Hispanics as a group, for example, stick to their own and don't support businesses from outside groups, that's factually incorrect. If you're saying, that in whatever pocket of the world you live in, there is a pretty self contained Hispanic community that doesn't deal much with outsiders, then fine. I can't speak to that because I'm not where you're from. All I know, is that I've traveled all over the U.S. a lot, and if the Hispanics I have to deal with want collards and mac and cheese, they don't say "I'd like that, but the restaurant is owned by black people so I'll just go get more tacos instead." No, they go get lunch at the soul food restaurant or chinese restaurant or Indian or whatever the fuck they want like anyone else.
So we should have more to allow them access to our culture.

But at the same time...We been took for what makes us ...Us.

So what's the middle ground?

So we should have more to allow them access to our culture.

But at the same time...We been took for what makes us ...Us.

So what's the middle ground?

There is nothing wrong with allowing access to our culture. Our problem has always been that we don't really control the profits and others wind up benefiting more from our stuff than we do. Think about music. Black music has almost always been at the forefront of American culture. Early on blacks made next to nothing from that. As time has moved on, more and more artists figured out the game and learned how to profit for themselves, but no one really put much effort into making it so the benefits spread to the greater community. However, nowadays more black people are creating their own music based businesses that serve the community in some way. We just need more of that.

I don't know why anyone would want restrict how much we let others access our culture. The popularity of our culture is probably our biggest strength. If we had the business infrastructure in our community that Jews have in theirs and pushed our culture in a way that directly benefited us, we'd be way better off right now.

I will respect that.

I ask you add your experience to help solve a greater problem.

Honestly since last year I've really felt like FUCK PEOPLE. If I don't know you or my people don't know you I ain't fucking with you or care about you and that goes for black people as well.

I've got to get myself to a better place and I ain't about to slow that down to try and figure out if a person standing on the same shit that I'm standing on. I'm only looking for customers not folks to build with. That outlook will probably make my shit take longer but I'm OK with that.

With all that said I keep up with what's going on with my people. I'll always give monetary support to kids, old people and the mentally and physically challenged but everybody else I really ain't fucking with right now. My time can be better served building my shit here is couple of dollars though. Too much sucka and dumb shit going on for me to deal with when I got somewhere I'm trying to be.

No you didn't. Your post opened the door for what I said, but you did not make the point I made. Your post was about crime being everywhere to some degree depending on certain factors. I was speaking about lack of crime and how better socioeconomic status means less of it, a trend that is true for blacks like anyone else.

Most black people aren't savages. Most black kids aren't raised to become savages. Most black people that are given reasonable opportunities thrive. Those are odd questions to ask because honestly, with the exception of the worst of the worst racists, no one black or otherwise would answer those questions to the negative.

You need to be careful because you're are starting to sound like one of the new wave racist white people. Those are the ones that say "Oh no, black people aren't biologically predisposed to be bad. They are bad because its their culture. If someone came along and taught them to behave properly, they could be good." The problem with that line of thinking is that it treats all blacks like a monolith. Gang culture is bad and definitely destructive, but not all blacks are in gangs. So saying that is a harmful element of black culture is inaccurate.
You are smart enough to see what I did in that post. Cut it out.

You started your post off with several questions and then said they were legit questions. I took that to me and you wanted real answers. I gave them.
It was sarcasim .
But you felt the need to say I should be careful because of what I m starting to sound like.

Smdh
Should I explain why is was a sarcastic post too?

Smdh

I saw a statistic that White children are more likely to be fatherless than Black children.

For some reason there's a stigma that Black men don't take care of their children, which isn't true.

Maaaaaan, lemme tell you something........

A few Years ago, I broke up with an extremely Narcissistic Sociopathic Slutter of a Girlfriend and moved to Eugene, OR, one of the WHITEST places in the Pacific. When I was on OKCupid cruising for some compatibility, I noticed that not only were there ALOT of White Women on there, but about half of them, more or less, were Single Mothers. On the flip side, when I saw a Black Woman, which were few and far in between, 9 times out of 10 she had a Black Husband and her Children with them. So the stereotypes about Black Men not raising their Children is hogwash, that depends on location. I bet if you go to the Pacific Northwest like I did, you'll probably see the same. People really shouldn't fall for these falsehoods rooted in racism. It's clear that there's an agenda at work when this is the propaganda being touted as the Gospel when that's not the case.

Honestly since last year I've really felt like FUCK PEOPLE. If I don't know you or my people don't know you I ain't fucking with you or care about you and that goes for black people as well.

I've got to get myself to a better place and I ain't about to slow that down to try and figure out if a person standing on the same shit that I'm standing on. I'm only looking for customers not folks to build with. That outlook will probably make my shit take longer but I'm OK with that.

With all that said I keep up with what's going on with my people. I'll always give monetary support to kids, old people and the mentally and physically challenged but everybody else I really ain't fucking with right now. My time can be better served building my shit here is couple of dollars though. Too much sucka and dumb shit going on for me to deal with when I got somewhere I'm trying to be.

I feel you on this post. Here in Phoenix, aka Rat Fuck City, all I keep encountering is rude, selfish, and lazy-ass mofos always begging and looking to take advantage. It's gotten to the point that I'm becoming extremely bitter and selfish myself, and I'm the least most selfish person you'll ever meet.

I feel you on this post. Here in Phoenix, aka Rat Fuck City, all I keep encountering is rude, selfish, and lazy-ass mofos always begging and looking to take advantage. It's gotten to the point that I'm becoming extremely bitter and selfish myself, and I'm the least most selfish person you'll ever meet.

Damn, when did PHX change like that? While I was living there folks were pretty cordial, especially the Black folks.

Ok, I left in mid-2011. Lived there for 8 years. The people were pretty decent towards each other back then.

If I were to guess, it would have to be the degenerates from out-of-state that took over. I've lived in AZ 2wice before, but that was Tucson, which is completely different from a Big City like PHX, seeing as Tucson is a College Town.

Back