Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Black Man/Black Woman thread

Ok.......
Me and you talk. You tell me your dreams and goals and I tell you mine. Then we share 1thing we can do for the community that's in our lane of expertise.

We exchange contact info.

Every week we check in on each other to see where we are in our goals and dreams and giving back.

We encourage each other in our rough days. We celebrate each other's accomplishments . That will build a system between us that will not allow me to want to let you down....because I should know if I fall....you will fall and you will hold me accountable for being better than a failure.

Something like that.
In a group or what not.
If I'm not my brothers keeper.....I'm some nigga adding to the problem. Why should a person like that even be around if they not adding to the bottom line of the black community?

And if they harming the community....treat them like they a stinky homeless person....get away from me and don't clean my windows.
The problem is that anywhere where there is poverty there’s going to be violence and criminal activity. Go to those rural white trash communities and you’ll see the same thing. But this seems to define black people. What you’re saying is fine but that doesn’t fix the problem of systemic white supremacy and deprivation.

The problem is that anywhere where there is poverty there’s going to be violence and criminal activity. Go to those rural white trash communities and you’ll see the same thing. But this seems to define black people. What you’re saying is fine but that doesn’t fix the problem of systemic white supremacy and deprivation.
None of that matters until we can fix us and become a unit.

Nah bruh...that a shot.

Its ok. But hers the thin...my question to you.

What is our community?
Black America?

It's Black Americans here. It's black Brits and Africans .....we all learn from each other and we all go back to our communities and try to teach what we learned

we are not abandoning our people.... You can look at it like we all have a job to be an effective community.

Black wall street needed black people to go out to bring back supplies, knowledge, and such to help it grow.

A few will go to help the majority who stays. And those who left should be welcomed back because they had to deal with wolves to supply the community

wasn't a shot but you being extra as usual lol.

and your question about what is OUR community is an interesting one. Especially seeing as how we all have different opinions on what "our community" means. Some of us feel the need to distinguish ourself from other black folks/immigrants. See the ADOS thread. So clearly its not as cut and dry and you'd think unfortunately.

I say all that to say this... I think the main goal should be trying to figure out how we get a lot of us on the same page...I say "a lot" cuz we'll never get everyone 100% on board... or on code like y'all like to say.

Once the majority of us can accomplish that, I think we'll see significant change. How we do it tho is the question

I don't know man. I wrestle back and forth with that. I agree that poverty leads to crime. So no matter what color the group of people, if resources are limited, there will be some that rob, kill, and do other elicit activities to make money. That's universal, but it's not the same. Applachia is poor white world, and crime is high in parts, but that shit doesn't compare to what we see in black neighborhoods in places like Chicago or Baltimore. Like you don't hear on the West Virginia news that there were 70 shootings in one weekend like you do in some of the black areas. Now granted, I think part of the reason for that is because a lot of those poor white areas are more rural and spread out, so aren't as many people to be involved in conflict, but there is probably more to the difference than just that.

Where I believe the whole "blacks are no different than anyone else" thing really falls apart though is the violence that doesn't have anything to do with poverty. I've never hear a white person say they went to the club and someone shot it up, and these white people I work with and went to grad school with party and go out all the fucking time. Club shootings were so common when I was coming up that for a while I refused to go to any club that didn't have a metal detector. That's not because of poverty. A dude killing another guy because he accidentally stepped on his shoes is some other shit.

I don't know man. I wrestle back and forth with that. I agree that poverty leads to crime. So no matter what color the group of people, if resources are limited, there will be some that rob, kill, and do other elicit activities to make money. That's universal, but it's not the same. Applachia is poor white world, and crime is high in parts, but that shit doesn't compare to what we see in black neighborhoods in places like Chicago or Baltimore. Like you don't hear on the West Virginia news that there were 70 shootings in one weekend like you do in some of the black areas. Now granted, I think part of the reason for that is because a lot of those poor white areas are more rural and spread out, so aren't as many people to be involved in conflict, but there is probably more to the difference than just that.

Where I believe the whole "blacks are no different than anyone else" thing really falls apart though is the violence that doesn't have anything to do with poverty. I've never hear a white person say they went to the club and someone shot it up, and these white people I work with and went to grad school with party and go out all the fucking time. Club shootings were so common when I was coming up that for a while I refused to go to any club that didn't have a metal detector. That's not because of poverty. A dude killing another guy because he accidentally stepped on his shoes is some other shit.

Id think flooding poor urban communities with guns and drugs would have something to do with the stark differences....

I think black people need to be less conservative socially. Too much church guess ding our thoughts and so we look at things outside the church as bad. Accepting women’s and gay issues that impact black women and black gays in a start. We shout them down to much and say it’s not the time to cater to somebody.

Education reform stuff like smaller classrooms so one teacher does not have 32 students. We need more blue collar jobs that work in the community like rebuilding houses in bad areas plumbing and things like that.

but that shit doesn't compare to what we see in black neighborhoods in places like Chicago or Baltimore. Like you don't hear on the West Virginia news that there were 70 shootings in one weekend like you do in some of the black areas. Now granted, I think part of the reason for that is because a lot of those poor white areas are more rural and spread out, so aren't as many people to be involved in conflict, but there is probably more to the difference than just that.
On top of what Inori said there is also the possibility of these shootings all being tied in as gang related even when they’re not. I may sound like a conspiracy theorist but there’s more to it.

I think a big problem is a lot of us brothas don't really realize what manhood is for lack of examples.

We have lived with what society say, what our mothers and grandmas say, but few of us have heard it straight from the horses mouth.

So we drive down the road to manhood blindly. So of us make it there and other get stranded.

The first thing we need to do is take self inventory and understand that we don't have to go this journey alone. Like somebody in here said, we need to link up with like minded brothas more and support each other. I think unfortunately, we often are unsure of the next brothas intentions and it blocks us from networking.

That comes from the survival mindset. Shit when I first started traveling abroad or even down south and people would be saying HI and shit like that. or striking up casual convos, I was uncomfortable. Coming from the D, it's like everybody is schemin on something, so you move a certain way or become a buffet.

I had to understand that not everyone is out to attack me.

Once we stop being so leery of each other, we can begin to network and build a brotherhood. In this day and age, with technology making the work smaller, we should all be able to link up and get some things popping. We gotta get our money right and start building shit.

I know @DOS_patos be hittin niggaz in the head with that like Sharif with the Islam stuff from Menace, but he's right. It's been past time for us to build our own, and it ain't easy. We gotta get together and figure out who got the best idea and get behind that brotha where we can all profit. Then we move to the next idea, so on and so forth.

Simple shit like getting together and buying an apt building, starting an investment club. Pool our resources together. That's a start

Id think flooding poor urban communities with guns and drugs would have something to do with the stark differences....

lol You don't think poor white neighborhoods have lots of guns and drugs? Thing about that for a second. White trash neighborhoods have plenty of guns, meth, and alcohol. Like I said, I'm not even talking about the crime associated with that. Having access to guns, doesn't excuse or explain niggas shooting up clubs over nothing.

Black people especially old heads felt the best way to avoid crime was to make the penalty much harsher. Like a fear tactic
Like my moms used to have a thing where if one of us did something we werent supposed to do. Everyone got a spanking because of it. It was her way of saying if I make it bad for everyone, yall will keep each other in check.

I didnt finish this book but there was a part in it about how this white lawyer tried to talk to a black community in ny I think (dont quote me on that tho) about them voting against decriminalization of weed in the 70s or 80s...he told them about how black ppl would get the short end of the stick and weed, compared to other drugs, really ain't shit. The black folk wasnt goin for it and ultimately they voted for weed to be a harsh criminal offense. Next thing they knew niggas was gettin locked up for petty weed charges.

It made me think about how we kept saying Hillary and the 94 crime bill and all that shit...but failing to realize a lot of law abiding black ppl were for it at the time because they saw the destruction gang violence had on their communities and how the murder rates had gotten outa control. They wanted the book thrown at gang bangers and criminals rightfully so cuz them niggas were terrorizing their neighborhoods. In hindsight we see the effects it had, but in the moment they couldn't see that.
Its ill how one blow job changed the course of history for a generation.

Like my moms used to have a thing where if one of us did something we werent supposed to do. Everyone got a spanking because of it. It was her way of saying if I make it bad for everyone, yall will keep each other in check.
as it should have......but for some reason it didnt.

but if we dont know someone doing shit how can we stop them.

its crazy because the white system does the same thing.

one black dude does something wrong they punish us all...hoping the other will keep other in check.

interesting how things work.

Shit stupid to me tho just make me more mad if I didn’t do anything

as it should have......but for some reason it didnt.

but if we dont know someone doing shit how can we stop them.

its crazy because the white system does the same thing.

one black dude does something wrong they punish us all...hoping the other will keep other in check.

interesting how things work.
As my therapist said when I told her that it was my upbringing..."dat shit ain't normal" it's a military style of discipline. Its meant to break not nurture. And once the subject is broken you provide direction. Without direction you just have a bunch of broken folk operating off the triggers that broke them.

They had the heavy hand of the law with no intention on rewarding anyone for anything. Or providing directions.

As my therapist said when I told her that it was my upbringing..."dat shit ain't normal" it's a military style of discipline. Its meant to break not nurture. And once the subject is broken you provide direction. Without direction you just have a bunch of broken folk operating off the triggers that broke them.

They had the heavy hand of the law with no intention on rewarding anyone for anything. Or providing directions.
thats because they didnt know.

we know....we have no excuse to not provide direction to the next generation

thats because they didnt know.

we know....we have no excuse to not provide direction to the next generation

:think3: deadass

This is why I get so bothered with influential cats like Jay and others that make selfish moves. Pied Piper shit

:think3: deadass

This is why I get so bothered with influential cats like Jay and others that make selfish moves. Pied Piper shit
which brings me to an issue i have with some people.

i dont think alot of us understand our sphere of influence.

when we indicate that certain things are not black......that limits the growth of our youth who we dont think sees and hears us.

i dont think people think about who they influence if they not directly trying to influence someone.

i will make a thread on it in a few days......

its like what is truly black and what is truly white?

cuz if rap is black why does eminem have such a reach? hes not honestly better than alot of people....yet he does.
but jayz gets more scrutiny for not doing or what he does for us.....yet those who take are not heald to that standard but the owe for being allowed in.

no one questions them who let him in...but jaz gets shit?

same with cosby and wienstein. our people came hard at cosby for speaking real.....but not wienstein.
reason being he talked down.
so black people are sensitive?

no, no....he said it in front of white people.

but that did give it credibility? why did it make it harder to take because white people was around? are they looked as as more important?

dont talk about phatasses aroung my wife if i cant look. dont talk about skipping school around my parent.....
both may get me in trouble.

yet...speaking around white people made cosby wrong? or made him not one of us? even tho it was at the NAACP and while on the road he kept getting asked about it......he was wrong?

ok now hes in jail.
what was fixed? whos fixing what?

what is your sphere of influence and what are you doing with it?

whos sphere are in you? are they bringing you up? are they encouraging you? are the helping guide you to be a better version of yourself? or are they just there?

real talk.

Back