Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Biden Administrations Black Agenda Thread

Any work you do to your house increases value. If neighbors are putting money into their homes it increases everyone’s value. Abandon buildings go down, your home value go up. Something as simple as new sidewalks and street lamps increase home values. The only downside is that it will increase your property taxes. What I said in my earlier post was just a idea, not something I’ve thought about in detail. I’m just giving examples.
My little bro is a realtor and he basically said the same thing. He was like the appraiser is just going to appraise the outside of the house. The insider could be fucked up but it don't matter. And also co sign the increase in property taxes. That's how a lot of us in the hood get priced out of our own neighborhoods

“Start on a state level” “learn how government works”

aka

“Stay in yo fucking place”

Of course people know how government works and people do elect politicians on a state level. Why does it make people upset to want something?

It doesn’t have to be reparations . It could be something simple like making property values in certain zip codes appraise for 20% more, allowing people to refinance and actually invest back into their neighborhoods. lowering mortgages that were unfair to begin with.

Biden and Harris could never actually address the problems on that type of level because “women” and “people of color” wouldn’t benefit from direct actions, unless they actually were black or Hispanic or lived in the neighborhood. But as we know, we don’t own much of nothing in our neighborhoods. So the opportunity zones and groundwork for gentrification means nothing.

“start on a state level”

Isn’t a state level how Biden and Harris both started? By the backing of the people in their state’s? Both were put in place by the help of the black vote on a state level. The black vote within the 50 states provided them a win in a national level.

By yall own logic starting on a state level produces complete fucking garbage.

Remember before Biden won y’all was only voting for him to get rid of Trump. Now people talking like he’s our last hope for real.

Same shit under Biden. Big banks. Bailouts. Tax breaks. Small wins for isolated groups that will be touted as major victories. I’m going to keep going to work and start looking at stocks more serious. Same shit. New day. :cont:

Claims to know how government works then makes a long post showing that you in fact do not know how the fuck government works. Nice work.

Any work you do to your house increases value. If neighbors are putting money into their homes it increases everyone’s value. Abandon buildings go down, your home value go up. Something as simple as new sidewalks and street lamps increase home values. The only downside is that it will increase your property taxes. What I said in my earlier post was just a idea, not something I’ve thought about in detail. I’m just giving examples.
I understood the basics, I just assume like outside folks desire to live in an area was a main factor in in increasing value, like how the Brownstones had years back became "hip" and ppl wanted them so they were bought and niced up

Ya'll gotta stop this shit. Almost everything on that list, Biden plans on doing with EOs on the first day.

He can't do that for criminal justice reform or reparations or anything else you think needs to be done specifically for black people. Don't get me wrong. I don't think Biden is going to do anything for black people specifically, but ya'll are crazy if you actually think he was going to prioritize anything like that over the pandemic or things like DACA and the Muslim Ban that require next to no effort to fix.

Ya'll gotta stop this shit. Almost everything on that list, Biden plans on doing with EOs on the first day.

He can't do that for criminal justice reform or reparations or anything else you think needs to be done specifically for black people. Don't get me wrong. I don't think Biden is going to do anything for black people specifically, but ya'll are crazy if you actually think he was going to prioritize anything like that over the pandemic or things like DACA and the Muslim Ban that require next to no effort to fix.
Right

Gotta be crazy huh. We're all crazy

Right

Gotta be crazy huh. We're all crazy

Yes, you're crazy if you think Biden put a stop to police violence against blacks, end the school to prison pipeline, and decrease the racial wealth gap right away.

That's not possible, so comparing those things to things like DACA and the Muslim Ban, which Biden can literally fix in the first hour of his first day on the job by doing nothing more than signing an executive order is just stupid.

There is a difference between advocating for rightful action and just bitching because you're not hearing exactly what you want to hear exactly when you want to hear it.

Yes, you're crazy if you think Biden put a stop to police violence against blacks, end the school to prison pipeline, and decrease the racial wealth gap right away.

That's not possible, so comparing those things to things like DACA and the Muslim Ban, which Biden can literally fix in the first hour of his first day on the job by doing nothing more than signing an executive order is just stupid.

There is a difference between advocating for rightful action and just bitching because you're not hearing exactly what you want to hear exactly when you want to hear it.
Bitching?

To be clear you think the slew of black people i posted are bitching?

Also we shouldn't even expect to be mentioned on that list, even after all the praise for saving the election, correct?

Bitching?

To be clear you think the slew of black people i posted are bitching?

Also we shouldn't even expect to be mentioned on that list, even after all the praise for saving the election, correct?

Bruh, for the last time, Biden has a list of things he plans on tackling his first day with EOs. Nothing of substance can be done for black people with an EO on his first day. We need a formulated plan that tackles our problems. He has a plan for black people. I don't think it's a very good one, but it's a plan. It will take probably his whole term to roll all that stuff out.

If ya'll want to hold him accountable, that's all well and good. Press him to at least roll out his plan. Don't open the floodgates of whining because he didn't namedrop us on a list of easy fixes. We don't want to be considered an easy fix. We want them to put some real time and effort into solving our problems.

They want everyone to be crazy for wanting democrats to do their job. People think an executive order is going to give Amnesty to 11 million people? Nobody going to challenge that? Everyone is going to welcome this with open arms? He’s going to have to give Republicans something MAJOR in return for them to go along with this.

Biden owes them NOTHING. NONE of them 11 million people gave him a vote and over 30% of Hispanics voted FOR Trump.

Sonia Sotomayor and DACA was given to the Hispanic community for holding Dems down. I don’t want to hear about black farmers or being on insurance to 25.

The EO will be to restore DACA. 90% of the shit Biden is doing on the first day is just undoing dumb EOs Trump put in place. Y'all got it. He should have lied to y'all and promised some bullshit he couldn't deliver just to appease you. It seems like that's what you want.

He doesn’t owe them anything.

lol What the fuck is wrong with you? He's going to be the president of the U.S. He should be doing anything based on who he owes. He should be doing the right things because it's his job. Ya'll are going from being advocates for Black Americans to being some weirdos that don't even seem to understand how the government works.

And by the way, he doesn't owe us shit either. Black people voted for him because he was the better option. Yes, we may have been pivotal in his win, but smart black people were voting for their own self interests not because they like Joe Biden. Stop with this dumb quid pro quo shit. Joe Biden is not black people's friends, so stop thinking he's going to do right by us just because a lot of us voted for him. If we want him to do right by us, it's going to be a fight. The sooner ya'll understand that, the sooner ya'll will stop being disappointed over every little thing the administration does.

Well we ain't gettin' shyt.

He'll be taking care of illegal aliens and rainbows before we get anything. And that's a big IF he does anything for blacks.

I don’t believe Biden owes black people anything based off a vote.. I think ,just like you think “he should be doing the right things because it’s his job”. I completely agree with you and that’s where my problem begins and ends. Biden/Harris have went all over America and all over tv explaining in detail how black people have been wronfed and how they can fix it. But they won’t offer solutions aimed directly at the problems. They want black people to be helped by default. I don’t agree with that approach at all.

Biden has been around for 47 years. He witnessed the redlining, the crime bills, the predatory lending, police brutality, mass incarceration, the effects of Jim Crow laws, wealth gaps,multiple recessions that always hit black people the hardest.

He should have 10 executive orders ready to go the first day to make our lives better.

I don't know it all. It just seems to me that our problems are too complicated to fix with EOs, but if people can think of some EOs that would help us right away they should promote those rather than just tweeting about what Biden didn't mention.

My little bro is a realtor and he basically said the same thing. He was like the appraiser is just going to appraise the outside of the house. The insider could be fucked up but it don't matter. And also co sign the increase in property taxes. That's how a lot of us in the hood get priced out of our own neighborhoods
Just catching up on this thread so apologies if this has already been answered. The bold is not true, an appraiser does a full inspection of the house exterior and interior, including confirming square footage and verifying the condition of the home.

The condition of the home and other variable factors (neighborhood conditions, etc.) are then weighed against comparable homes in the neighborhood to determine the appropriate value. Just want to clarify that to give context to the brother's suggestion.

Just catching up on this thread so apologies if this has already been answered. The bold is not true, an appraiser does a full inspection of the house exterior and interior, including confirming square footage and verifying the condition of the home.

The condition of the home and other variable factors (neighborhood conditions, etc.) are then weighed against comparable homes in the neighborhood to determine the appropriate value. Just want to clarify that to give context to the brother's suggestion.
That was where I was trying to go, to get a full understanding of feasibility

@ALLBUILDINGSMATTER!

You don’t know anything but the reason why he can’t help black people day 1. Two career politicians have nothing on day 1. Meanwhile the worst president in history rolled out a police misconduct database, a chokehold ban and prison reform. Biden could issue executive orders day one to make those executive orders mandatory instead of incentive based.

Trump executive order also started a co responder program for police departments to handle 911 calls about mental health.

Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea said the “co-responder model” is being adopted around the country to give law enforcement an alternative to arresting someone experiencing a psychiatric episode or contemplating suicide. After a 911 call, law enforcement would secure an emergency scene before crisis workers assess the person and develop a plan for the next step, such as a referral for counseling or transport to a mental health facility.

Bu bu bu bu bu Trump Hates black people :foh3:

If Biden can sign DACA day 1 and amnesty day 1, he can make Trumps executive orders mandatory day 1. He doesn’t have to do anything but make it mandatory. There you go right there.

Biden has already said he was going to improve the Opportunity Zone bullshit Trump threw out there, he can take those Trump ideas too.

That's all well and good but nothing you named just now specifically helps black people. Those are measures that would help everyone just like half the things on that list Biden put out. So basically your problem is that the incoming president isn't doing all the things you want in the order you want them. If that's the problem, just say that and stop with the dumb pretense.

Back