Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Biden Administrations Black Agenda Thread

What about a executive order for HUD to start a federal land bank that would only issue loans to African Americans?

I don't believe that is something you can do through an EO. Look with DACA, he signs the EO and it's done. He's finished with that and can move on. Even if he does sign the order you're suggesting, it will require some logistics to be worked out and you don't want that rushed through so he can claim it on the first day.

I mean really, what are we arguing about here? Why are y'all do pressed for him to force something through for blacks in the first day? I'd much rather them take their time, bring some black experts in, and do something that will truly be effective. If that takes a year to accomplish but has real impact, we win. Y'all got your priorities mixed up.

See this is what I don’t get. People like you continue to say what can’t be done. We don’t understand how government works.

Let me help YOU understand something. DACA was issued as an executive order because republicans refused to give them social security numbers and work permits. It was never a law that was pushed through the house and senate and signed by the president. Even when the Supreme Court took up DACA, they never ruled it was legal or illegal, only that Trump didn’t provide reasoned explanation for ending the program. Trump gave them ANOTHER year of DACA and told Dems he would sign DACA into law in exchange for border funding. They said no.

There is NO WAY POSSIBLE he walks into office day one and through executive order DACA and amnesty because law of the land. It has to go through the house and senate, with immigration reform.

DACA and amnesty will require logistics to be worked out. Of course the executive order I’m suggesting will require logistics, but it gets the ball rolling just like any executive order on DACA.

I don’t understand why you guys keep acting like there is nothing he can do on day one. He absolutely can. I gave you multiple ideas, they will need to be worked out through legislation just like DACA and amnesty. Why don’t you help me work them out instead of trying to prove me wrong?

I 100% support DACA and think it’s the right idea. It’s not their fault they came to America at an early age. I don’t know if I support amnesty for 11 million people tho. I understand the argument for it and I even understand the United States is the main reason for the migration from South America. 11 million is a lot.

Bruh, none of that shit you're saying means anything because I already know it. All Biden is going to do is undo the shit that Trump did. That's it. He's not fixing immigration and he's not taking Dreamers out of danger always and forever. It's a silly little half measure that they can count as a quick win.

What you are doing backflips to avoid understanding is that we shouldn't want something like a DACA EO. We shouldn't want something that can be thrown in the trash at the whim of the next president. We should be pushing for serious legislation that will last and be fruitful. That can't come in an EO on the first day. You keep writing these long ass posts but they never address that primary point.

Here’s a question:

If the Senate seats go back to the GOP and they retain control of the Senate, what do y’all REALLY expect from Joe and his cabinet?

Back