Welcome To aBlackWeb

That caption wasn't needed...

But unless they get someone in the board room who understands that this is one of the best selling comic book franchise of all time and the key to success is in comic accurate screen plays and stories.... It's gonna be more Hollywood bull shit...

Figie won cuz they let him tell a large comic book arc over like 30 movies

If WB can't give jeoff Johns that kind of story telling freedom....I hate to say it but DCEU will never touch MCU.

I had hope for a long time with him leaving his previous position for the production studio head....

But Stargirl was one of his babies.... Seeing the early work on that.... Along with the direction of. The arrow spin off, Superman and Lois spin off, batwoman, the joker movie. All this Harley Quinn attention.....

I just don't have the confidence like I used to in their product.

I'll root for them, and I'm definitely excited about this Batman movie. But as it stands this movie is the only thing right now I'm really excited about.....

I'm not super excited about WW1984.
Not super excited about Bird's of prey or SS2.

Kinda like to see where they go with Aquaman and Shazam. But I know that's no time soon... So right now it's hard to get me excited.

They just announced they going to do DC dark. Which I think is more movies like Joker. Which are alternate universe stand alones. Not really excited

But unless they get someone in the board room who understands that this is one of the best selling comic book franchise of all time and the key to success is in comic accurate screen plays and stories.... It's gonna be more Hollywood bull shit...

If WB can't give jeoff Johns that kind of story telling freedom....I hate to say it but DCEU will never touch MCU.

I had hope for a long time with him leaving his previous position for the production studio head....

But Stargirl was one of his babies.... Seeing the early work on that.... Along with the direction of. The arrow spin off, Superman and Lois spin off, batwoman, the joker movie. All this Harley Quinn attention.....

I'll root for them, and I'm definitely excited about this Batman movie. But as it stands this movie is the only thing right now I'm really excited about.....

Kinda like to see where they go with Aquaman and Shazam. But I know that's no time soon... So right now it's hard to get me excited.

They just announced they going to do DC dark. Which I think is more movies like Joker. Which are alternate universe stand alones. Not really excited
I don’t think they need to worry about trying to do what MCU did. I don’t think MCU will do what MCU did again. I like the DC Dark direction with movies like Joker. They need to stick to things like that then see if they fit together later, but don’t force it.

I don't, cuz joker was not really comic accurate, and if that's they're working formula that means they might change all the characters to fit what they tryna do instead of doing that would do the characters Justice.

I don't feel the joker movie ruined the joker... But it doesn't compliment the character in my opinion. And I'm not exactly excited about them making more movies that don't do anything for the characters

I don't, cuz joker was not really comic accurate, and if that's they're working formula that means they might change all the characters to fit what they tryna do instead of doing that would do the characters Justice.

I don't feel the joker movie ruined the joker... But it doesn't compliment the character in my opinion. And I'm not exactly excited about them making more movies that don't do anything for the characters
Read the comics if you want comic versions of the characters.

Damn, DC finally broke Du.

giphy.gif

Damn, DC finally broke Du.

giphy.gif
I'm not broke.

I'm still a fan. Still got the service. Just not excited about their movie direction.

Just watched Wonder woman bloodlines.

Shit was very good..... To this day I have no idea why it's so easy for them to make a good animated movie, yet they struggle on the big screen.

The blue print is right in front of them. Everything in this movie could have worked live action.,...

Everything

That's not fair.

Why choose a fan favorite character take away what makes him a fan favorite?
I think it’s a bit far fetched though to say Joker took away what made him a fan favorite, given that his varied origins and motivations is part of what made him a fan favorite. Joker is yet another take on the Joker character as much as any comic book adaptation. If the movie was a comic book adaptation I bet DC fans would have loved the direction.

I think it’s a bit far fetched though to say Joker took away what made him a fan favorite, given that his varied origins and motivations is part of what made him a fan favorite. Joker is yet another take on the Joker character as much as any comic book adaptation. If the movie was a comic book adaptation I bet DC fans would have loved the direction.
They did take it away.

Joker has a dark twisted wisdom to him. He's genuinely having fun with his carnage. The fact that he's having do much fun is what makes him who he is.

Authur was suffering the entire movie.

I don't wanna go thru this whole "who he was gonna become" bullshit... Cuz it's a cop out. There was no joke. He was not having fun. He was in pain the whole movie.

They changed him to a sympathetic character.... And that's the furthest thing from the joker imaginable. Shit just rubbed me the wrong way.

If the movie was a comic book adaptation I bet DC fans would have loved the direction.
That's the whole point I'm making.

There's tons of joker stories they could have told. The killing joke told one of them that could have translated well.

But they made one up

Back