Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chicity

And the stuff that I write is even tougher than dy
Site Administrator
Seriously, why hasn't this thread been made before?

This shit 🔥🔥🔥🔥

1708218851166.png

I checked this off the strength of In Bruges which I enjoyed. It had Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in it as well. These two work well together.

That was written by Martin McDonagh who wrote and directed this film so if you liked this youll probably like that one as well.

But yeah this one was mostly kinda sad

I just watched this and I have a theory. I feel like Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson represent the rift between the IRA and Sinn Fein. I think the old crone was England (the queen) and the Cop was the Catholic church.

I need to read up a little more about Irish history to get the details and figure out other characters like Siobhan but I think I have the basic gist of the allegory figured out.

I just watched this and I have a theory. I feel like Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson represent the rift between the IRA and Sinn Fein. I think the old crone was England (the queen) and the Cop was the Catholic church.

I need to read up a little more about Irish history to get the details and figure out other characters like Siobhan but I think I have the basic gist of the allegory figured out.
Can you expound?

I thought the old crone was a Banshee as she kinda had her hand in everything that's going on. Like I wouldn't be surprised if in the script we learned she had spoke to Colm about how dull Padraic was. Not that he wouldn't have thought that without her but that she basically pushed him to cut him off.

I feel like she even pushed Siobhan away from Pardraic

Can you expound?

I thought the old crone was a Banshee as she kinda had her hand in everything that's going on. Like I wouldn't be surprised if in the script we learned she had spoke to Colm about how dull Padraic was. Not that he wouldn't have thought that without her but that she basically pushed him to cut him off.

I feel like she even pushed Siobhan away from Pardraic

That's kinda what I meant. Like she was there and clearly feared and maybe even disliked but she was respected. She had her hands in things to the point where she could see everything going on and what was coming but nobody really looked at her as an aggressor because they were busy doing their infighting thing.

Back