Welcome To aBlackWeb

On the real the latest episode was tough to watch, and with my girl. I could relate heavy to Earn backstory, as growing up in NO with a lack of accent and state of mind I was highly singled out for it. I was short AF and chubby AF too at the time, so school to me was pretty much prison. Im totally different now mentally and looks wise now so people dont realize my past. The scene where Earn was running out of class and trying like crazy to survive the end of day was my reality. The only thing was my school's I went too were maaaad more ignorant lol. All in all being bullied and shit made me more introverted, wiser , stronger, and the man I am now today. I repressed alot of my middle school/high school life, but seeing this episode definitely had me in my feelings lmao. I was so depressed one time ending my life, or going to school with a knife for protection was real options. Self value and validation from peers is real AF to youngins man. Definitely gonna school my kids on that shit one day when I have them.

Another dope thing is being a huge childish Gambino fan, he talks about his childhood alot in his music, and this episode actually shows some things he rapped about in his music.

Reactions: 1/2
On the real the latest episode was tough to watch, and with my girl. I could relate heavy to Earn backstory, as growing up in NO with a lack of accent and state of mind I was highly singled out for it. I was short AF and chubby AF too at the time, so school to me was pretty much prison. Im totally different now mentally and looks wise now so people dont realize my past. The scene where Earn was running out of class and trying like crazy to survive the end of day was my reality. The only thing was my school's I went too were maaaad more ignorant lol. All in all being bullied and shit made me more introverted, wiser , stronger, and the man I am now today. I repressed alot of my middle school/high school life, but seeing this episode definitely had me in my feelings lmao. I was so depressed one time ending my life, or going to school with a knife for protection was real options. Self value and validation from peers is real AF to youngins man. Definitely gonna school my kids on that shit one day when I have them.

Another dope thing is being a huge childish Gambino fan, he talks about his childhood alot in his music, and this episode actually shows some things he rapped about in his music.
Dope that you've evolved and made it out, takes a strong mind to survive that shit, some cats have folded, committed suicide. Glad you're still with us fam. Glover's creative mind is able to stir our emotions, cause the shit is so relatable

This episode is relatable to Black America in all facets whether it's Ern, AL, the class clown, Devin, or Bipolar Girl.

Teddy Perkins
giphy.gif

On the real the latest episode was tough to watch, and with my girl. I could relate heavy to Earn backstory, as growing up in NO with a lack of accent and state of mind I was highly singled out for it. I was short AF and chubby AF too at the time, so school to me was pretty much prison. Self value and validation from peers is real AF to youngins man. Definitely gonna school my kids on that shit one day when I have them.

damn near same story....came to Louisiana from Colorado.......two different worlds for a kid

I was a pretty normal, nice, toy playing ass kid before that

basically built a persona to survive and ended up getting waaaay too caught up in it, still paying for it today

but yeah I was trying to explain another aspect of the episode to my wife

cuz while Ern was losing his shit about this shirt, the white kids not only didnt get it but they had on plain ass clothes and didnt care....still confidently went about their day without any of these problems that seem to fill our minds and hearts as kids

i literally remember not being able to work or pay attention for stressing out about my shoes or my hair.... on really bad days I'd just show up mad and ready to fight cuz I knew it was coming....at least i could go home or to ISS after

to have that much difference in the developing minds of people that go to the same damn school is crazy and only gives a peek into these issues

and at the end of the convo I really couldnt decipher who or what to be mad at

is it a black problem? poor problem? parenting problem? media?........

greatly appreciated the episode tho

Def an episode that hit home similar to what a few of you said. Remember every year before school my dad would take us to TJ Maxx and Marshalls only and id be in there digging for anything that was name brand and similar to what the "cool" kids were wearing and being excited to wear what I thought was fresh and ended up coming short and getting dogged for it. People don't really understand it's almost as stressful being a child compared to being an adult expecially when you want to fit in with some pocket change and your forced to attend a place that ends up being more negative then it is postive, expecially if you broke and go to a ratchet school.

My girl said this is an episode we should all show our kids at that young age to help prepare them OR help prevent somebody who might end doing this bullying and harassing later on.

Dope that you've evolved and made it out, takes a strong mind to survive that shit, some cats have folded, committed suicide. Glad you're still with us fam. Glover's creative mind is able to stir our emotions, cause the shit is so relatable

This episode is relatable to Black America in all facets whether it's Ern, AL, the class clown, Devin, or Bipolar Girl.
Appreciate it brother! My girl is still confused on how I made it out and became the person I am. Outside influences from my fam, Dad, hood culture, etc. Statistically shows it's normal people fold, but only a few comes out different. Music and art saved me and kept me sheltered from D'Evils, I still suffer from social anxiety sometimes, which is why as an artist/musician I hide my personal identity, but I'm improving with the right support from my woman, as a man, and God. Actually speak to young teens whenever I can as a big brother to help them out, guide and inform them.

damn near same story....came to Louisiana from Colorado.......two different worlds for a kid

I was a pretty normal, nice, toy playing ass kid before that

basically built a persona to survive and ended up getting waaaay too caught up in it, still paying for it today

but yeah I was trying to explain another aspect of the episode to my wife

cuz while Ern was losing his shit about this shirt, the white kids not only didnt get it but they had on plain ass clothes and didnt care....still confidently went about their day without any of these problems that seem to fill our minds and hearts as kids

i literally remember not being able to work or pay attention for stressing out about my shoes or my hair.... on really bad days I'd just show up mad and ready to fight cuz I knew it was coming....at least i could go home or to ISS after

to have that much difference in the developing minds of people that go to the same damn school is crazy and only gives a peek into these issues

and at the end of the convo I really couldnt decipher who or what to be mad at

is it a black problem? poor problem? parenting problem? media?........

greatly appreciated the episode tho
Word, it's goes back to Black mental health and the lack of attention it gets. Trust me, I don't look for sympathy, or a shoulder to cry on, how I was raised a man handle his business, and as black man have to have tough skin to perservere out here. We don't have no damn time to be emotional or talk about how we "feel" especially living in the hood and shit where you have to develop a mean mug as a resting face so niggas won't test you just because they feel like it.

Naturally Black mental health is ignored, repressed, and barely no one wants to talk about it because we think as men/women it's how we survive. In reality, alot of our demise stems heavy from that. I learned emotional intelligence and studied that in my teens, combined with other fascinating things that help guide my life from conforming which was hella optional. Black mental health is something I wish to provide resources for in trouble communities one day. Everyone has a story and matters man. Fuck all that tough guy shit.

Back