Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 5 Highest Selling HipHop Albums of Alltime

Im understanding of this but It was a classic.
It was good through and through

It was good but what boundaries did he push that all of the other mafioso raps didn't accomplish? Production wasn't astounding it was solid. Wordplay probably the second best of a full album from him.

That's like saying Graduation from Kanye is a classic. It's not, by the way. Great album not a classic.

He had his best flow on this album though.

It was good but what boundaries did he push that all of the other mafioso raps didn't accomplish? Production wasn't astounding it was solid. Wordplay probably the second best of a full album from him.

That's like saying Graduation from Kanye is a classic. It's not, by the way. Great album not a classic.

What are some classic albums to you?
What makes an album a classic to you?

You can ask the same question about all the other mafiaso albums.

lol what album is better wordplay wise from him?

Jay-z has a lot of great albums, RD is a classic. It's still influencing rappers to this day.

What are some classic albums to you?
What makes an album a classic to you?

Me Against The World is the best rapper album I've ever heard. Classic material without filler. Production wasn't overwhelming it was just right. The samples and instrumentation were genius, MJ levels.

His storytelling and awareness of life on songs like So Many Tears can't be beat. The imagery and simplicity of his words is so relatable and puts you in his point of view.

A classic album to me is a cohesive sound of beats that glide with the message and don't take you out of the immersive experience of the album. Obviously lyrical content is important but genuine love for rapping and a proper craft of the work can be felt through classics.

Me Against The World is the best rapper album I've ever heard. Classic material without filler. Production wasn't overwhelming it was just right. The samples and instrumentation were genius, MJ levels.

His storytelling and awareness of life on songs like So Many Tears can't be beat. The imagery and simplicity of his words is so relatable and puts you in his point of view.

A classic album to me is a cohesive sound of beats that glide with the message and don't take you out of the immersive experience of the album. Obviously lyrical content is important but genuine love for rapping and a proper craft of the work can be felt through classics.

This was a beautiful statement.
You write so well.
Its whimsical in a sense.

CS MATW being a classic, but RD has every component you said a classic album needs.

CS MATW being a classic, but RD has every component you said a classic album needs.

Breh I could write for days on what a classic is. The fact is Nas' Illmatic was an instant classic. Reasonable Doubt doesn't make any steps forward from that album. Nas brought in multiple producers with that album.

Jay was nice but every song can't stand on its own the way Pac and Bad constructs theirs. That's why I believe there are about 25 classic albums in Hip Hop.

What boundaries did Illmatic push? There's no hit records on there. The shit barely sold.

And here we go.

Bro hand over the site.

Albums sold, that's how we're doing things?

I'm asking, so when determining what's a classic album or not, you're saying sales and impact has nothing to do with it?

I'm asking, so when determining what's a classic album or not, you're saying sales and impact has nothing to do with it?

Sales don't matter.

The reason you have multiple producers on albums these days is because Nas started that with this album. Come on Breh.

Stop bringing pop measurements of success to Hip Hop. Wayne sold, but was ass.

There's levels to this.

And did you seriously not listen to Illmatic? If I Ruled The World. Life's a Bitch.

Back