Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2023-2024 Los Angeles Lakers Thread (18 or Bust)

“Another buyout candidate who I think you should watch for – and this is another one that’s a bit harder to see how it’s going to happen, OK? But DeAndre Jordan in Brooklyn – they are way over the luxury tax. I don’t think he would do a buyout there. I think, if he doesn’t play at all or depending how he fits there, this would be more of a midseason thing, probably.”

She is pretty much just rambling here....

Man, did not like what i saw from DeAndre last season. Hopefully i am wrong. This roster is full of players that "I hope i am wrong on", lol.

Is Marc Gasol really that washed? I don't think so but maybe what he's really good at (passing and spacing as a big man) is not really needed with this team. I assume LA would want to play faster but DeAndre is straight garbage at everything you want from a C.

“Let’s talk about THT,” Vogel stated to the two hosts, “You talk about the defensive end, and who’s going to be that guy, he’s been challenged... Yes, we did (invest in him). For good reason. He has the ability, the last few years as a young player he’s gotten a little bit better as we’ve gone, but he’s one of those guys, that looking at KCP and Alex not being here, can you step up and fill into that role of guarding some of the other best players.”

“Internal confidence goes a long way,” Vogel continued saying about THT, “And what you love about him is that he does have that humility and demeanor of being a sponge and knowing he’s a young player and wanting to get better and have a ‘whatever I can do to help the team type of mindset.’ He’s got the right attitude, but he’s also got great, tremendous internal confidence and guts... There’s a lot there. We feel like he’s going to improve his 3-point shooting this year, both with the work and with the shot selection, and he’s going to have opportunities to really compete on the defensive end against some great players.”

Back