Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this five years ago:

The Electoral College is old, archaic, and needs to overhauled going forward in America to ensure a true election determined by the people.

I have an idea on how to determine the Presidency of the United States by utilizing both states AND the overall popular vote.

Each state (and territory - DC, PR, DR, the Islands) gets one point for winner take all in votes - thus making them ALL carry equal weight.

In addition, points would be given to the candidate for winning the OVERALL popular vote for each state margin at the end of the election, listed as follows:

0-99,999 votes: one point

100,000-199,999 votes: two points

200,000-299,999 votes: three points

300,000-399,999 votes: four points

And so on. At the end, the candidate with the most points wins, and there should be no doubt after that. Plus, this system would ENSURE that everyone's vote would matter.

I have an idea on how to determine the Presidency of the United States by utilizing both states AND the overall popular vote.

Each state (and territory - DC, PR, DR, the Islands) gets one point for winner take all in votes - thus making them ALL carry equal weight.

In addition, points would be given to the candidate for winning the OVERALL popular vote for each state margin at the end of the election, listed as follows:

0-99,999 votes: one point

100,000-199,999 votes: two points

200,000-299,999 votes: three points

300,000-399,999 votes: four points

And so on. At the end, the candidate with the most points wins, and there should be no doubt after that. Plus, this system would ENSURE that everyone's vote would matter.

Horrible idea.

Just let the popular vote pick the president like every other 'democratic' country does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back