Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

Ignorance can be remedied. Stupidity is incurable.
This is the thread for all news surrounding candidates, debates, etc.

I hear more and more people being exited about the fact that Warren could be the front runner among the Democrats. They all seem to ignore that she is in my opinion way to progressive to win a general election where the whole country votes.

as opposed to say... a Bernie Sanders?

To be honest I'm not sure about Sanders....I'm not really sure about anything at the moment. What's your take on this? Who do you think is the best and most credible democratic candidate?

To be honest I'm not sure about Sanders....I'm not really sure about anything at the moment. What's your take on this? Who do you think is the best and most credible democratic candidate?

I'm not sold on any particular candidate just yet.. im just not with the whole lets play it safe with Biden stance....

Personally I tend to be more progressive leaning. While I can see why some folks would want to try to play it safe and stay towards the middle/center... the Republicans have been showing us for quite some time that you dont have to play the center to get elected and stay in power.

While it's not healthy for the democracy for either side to be so polarized and not be willing to work with the other side.. again... the republicans have showed countless times they aren't willing to do that. So why not be progressive, seeing as how alot of the things that are labled progressive, most Americans from both sides tend to agree with...

Legalization of weed, ending for profit prisons/mass incarceration, affordable higher education, health care, making the super rich pay their fair share in taxes, reasonable gun control etc...

Alot of that shit isn't progressive at all.. it's just common sense

I still think biden gets the nod, not feeling warren and i think she'd do worse then biden(itll be one of the two) against trump but i hope to god im wrong, but im voting dem regardless so it is what it is

I'm still waiting for the herd to thin out before I really start researching and commit to anyone.

But what I know for sure is that Bernie Sanders for a verifiable 50 year history of standing with and for black people. That's gotta count for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back