Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can't ignore the fact that the president appoints judges to lifetime appointments that will affect the politics of this country for decades to come. Not just the supreme court but also circuit courts.

By disenfranchising yourself because you're too petulant to be able to make a rational decision between two pretty diametrically opposed choices you're shooting yourself in the foot in order to claim some kind of weird super-woke self-righteousness.

But I have a feeling some of you like it when the system is extra fucked up because you've built your identities on complaining about that shit.

stfu

we want better. can you comprehend that?

we dont want more of the same

we want better

oppression is not an identity, its folks livable experiences so that last sentence was shitty as fuck

I get what you saying about holding Dems accountable for us but without a Matin/Malcolm type to speak as a whole, our shit falls on deaf ears. Biden/Harris was picked because the older black folks won't get out and vote if they see it as "business as usual". We know the younger crowd was pushing for Warren or Sanders but we fucked that up cause they didn't turn out for the prelims.

either way, we need a leader if we ever expect political change otherwise they can keep pretending to ignore us until the next George Floyd.

The young people did show up for Sanders, but I think people over-estimated how many of them are gonna vote, 50 percent of Americans don't vote. Sanders needed older people too. Biden won because Obama made the call and had everyone drop out.

I don't think we need a leader, I just think we need to organize along our ultimate best interests and stop serving the interests of outsiders. We need to stop thinking that voting is the end all and be all to politics. Voting is lazy. It takes no effort. Sacrificing the present for the future, connecting with people and educating them even if it is unpopular, takes effort.

Anybody can pretend to be rational and make the "lesser of two evils" vote every 4 years and pretend they are better than people who didn't vote, while nothing fundamentally changes. Politics as Usual in America doesn't cater to anybody interests but dictates them to the people. We know what we need but we can't get it, if we are always carrying water for the Democrats.

You guys can't ignore the fact that the president appoints judges to lifetime appointments that will affect the politics of this country for decades to come. Not just the supreme court but also circuit courts.

By disenfranchising yourself because you're too petulant to be able to make a rational decision between two pretty diametrically opposed choices you're shooting yourself in the foot in order to claim some kind of weird super-woke self-righteousness.

But I have a feeling some of you like it when the system is extra fucked up because you've built your identities on complaining about that shit.
That last sentence describes a good number of people who've made their come up over the past few years. They need something to constantly complain about or else they feel they have nothing
MY VOTE IS TO BE EARNED

Neither one of you can type any combination of words to supersede that stance

I dare you.

Gotdamn Lies and deflection from my question about you. I don't need any cosigns.

But bs you say?

What part of "I'm not voting for the lesser of 2 evils and my vote is to be earned, not strong-armed" is BS, huh?? Im listening

Go back and find one of our other back and forths in here. I'm not about to do this dance with you because you're feeling yourself now that you have some back up. Nothing being discussed today is new.

stfu

we want better. can you comprehend that?

we dont want more of the same

we want better

oppression is not an identity, its folks livable experiences so that last sentence was shitty as fuck

The problem is a good portion of "I'm not voting" or "My vote has to be earned" crowd who are the loudest also have 0 ideas on how exactly thing should be made better...and also speak as if they will not be affected by policies and decisions put in place by these very same politicians. Criticizing the system is one thing and should always be done, but criticisms w/o any alternative other than just more bitching is pointless. Of course oppression is people's lived experiences but too many people define themselves by only that whnt it's not the totality of who you are as a person...and when the entirety of your identity gets wrapped up in being oppressed then you will never see anything or anyone as viable because no 1 politician or policy will ever change that.

Go back and find one of our other back and forths in here. I'm not about to do this dance with you because you're feeling yourself now that you have some back up. Nothing being discussed today is new.
Uh huh

Exactly what i thought

The bar is low af lol

But I think Biden/Harris have a good chance to take it. They will get more of the "on the fence" voters by default bc Trump has fucked up way too many times.

MY VOTE IS TO BE EARNED

Neither one of you can type any combination of words to supersede that stance

I dare you.

How the hell does someone earn a vote when you say you're not gonna vote? You know what they say to that? "ok well fuck you, at least you're not voting for the other guy".

I actually don't care if you guys vote or not. I just think it's funny that you have to keep passionately talking about how you're not going to vote. Like - who are you trying to convince here?

How the hell does someone earn a vote when you say you're not gonna vote? You know what they say to that? "ok well fuck you, at least you're not voting for the other guy".

I actually don't care if you guys vote or not. I just think it's funny that you have to keep passionately talking about how you're not going to vote. Like - who are you trying to convince here?
So you couldnt either

2 down

Maybe blackrain can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back