Welcome To aBlackWeb

Take the homie discount or keep it business?

Real question....

Is he the type to take it to court or fight you?

And it's he does fight you would he win?

Cuz he's making a muscle move on you. He's already determined he can do that with you. Depending where I'm at in life would dictate how I respond.

Don’t sell the fur until you murked the bear fam.

take the discount but leave the future endeavors part out IMO so that If you blow up, you’re not chained to some bullshit...

you don’t need much nowadays anyway:

If dude gives you a hot video for mad cheap and you somehow against all odds blow up based off it... why wouldn't you want to work with him again and pay a fair rate?

Don’t sell the fur until you murked the bear fam.

take the discount but leave the future endeavors part out IMO so that If you blow up, you’re not chained to some bullshit...

you don’t need much nowadays anyway:

Lmaooo. What language are you translating the bear/fur idiom from? Shit makes perfect sense and is a good idiom, but thats not an american idiom. Got me curious.

Lmaooo. What language are you translating the bear/fur idiom from? Shit makes perfect sense and is a good idiom, but thats not an american idiom. Got me curious.

‘De huid niet verkopen tot dat de beer geschoten is’

It’s Dutch/Nederlands lol, most of the time I’m just (mis) translating Dutch, Moroccan(my ‘race’ if you will) or Indonesian (lived there for a while) when I type or speak English...

Bro no disrespect but you shouldn't be thinkin' about the millions you don't have.

The game is about connections man build a bunch of reciprocal scratch my back and I scratch yours relationships.

If he makes it big or even just happens across a big nmae rapper one day and you have a good relationship he might mention you.

For me it's a no brainer tbh

Alright so for one I never signed the contract. The discount is also due to us being friends and because this is the first video we'd be shooting together so the rest would be full price. The shooting my videos in the future thing isn't in the contract, but it's more one of those "Wink wink nudge nudge" type of deals.

Like hey, I gave you a discount on that last video. So if you plan on doing something new let me shoot it

Alright so for one I never signed the contract. The discount is also due to us being friends and because this is the first video we'd be shooting together so the rest would be full price. The shooting my videos in the future thing isn't in the contract, but it's more one of those "Wink wink nudge nudge" type of deals.

Like hey, I gave you a discount on that last video. So if you plan on doing something new let me shoot it

Dope. So take the $750, and when it comes time for the second video you be like I dont know you maaaaan on some big pun shit

Dope. So take the $750, and when it comes time for the second video you be like I dont know you maaaaan on some big pun shit
Lol I wouldn't do that to people. Imma just get a good camera, put it on a gimbal, and find someone to edit it for me.

never sign away future value if u can avoid it

most cats get fucked in contracts signing rights away before they don't even have them

maintain the relationship but never lock future plans up like that..............it's similar to how rappers get into production deals where they have to guarantee a certain amount of future albums to one specific label

in this case why do this for a video........especially at a time where the video won't be the factor that will determine success.........videos aren't as valuable as they used to be

Alright I talked with some more people about this and they was like if that's your budget you can get a real camera and do it yourself

While it's possible to do it yourself theres alotta other shit to consider outside of just getting a camera... and a stabilizer to make sure the footage aint too shaky... there's lighting, synching audio, editing and cutting, filters, post production effects...actually knowing how to work the camera and which lenses to use etc. Not everything is just point and shoot if you want it to look good.

That being said, i've seen some dope shit filmed on phones as well.

End of the day if it's not in writing... you still have a choice on which future video he gets to direct if you go that route.. Aint like he can dictate what future shit he gets to do for you.

I dont do shorts or favors for several reasons

one I might actually NEED a favor and i'd rather save it til then

other then that I think the feeling of owing somebody something is the worst.....i cant even smile right

tenor.gif

ha haaaaa- damn i owe this nigga $1500 ima bum

Back