Welcome To aBlackWeb

Strictly Dancehall/Reggae News

Jahvillani Appears To Bleach His Skin Left Some Fans Shook

Jahvillani-before-and-after.jpg

Is Jahvillani bleaching his skin?

We are only in the second month of Winter, yet dancehall artiste Jahvillani is already sporting a fresh, snowy look to go with the season. Think white on white – then more white, and that’s the image we get of Jahvi as he showcases his new skin for an all-white themed music video shoot with Zamunda. Fans of the “Nuh Reason” singer are still conflicted about the new look. Some fans have been dropping numerous heart emojis to show their approval.

“Baby nuh affi nice suh,” one person wrote below his most recent post.

Others are finding it a bit difficult to accept the new look. “Why u a white out yourself like this the tone you did have were looking good u is a gangsta or u is a girlie man tell me cause real gangsta dont bleach out them sell like this kmft u were looking better with the lil light skin tone this no look right at all like u gone the other side,” wrote one person who is not currently in love with the new look.”

Skin bleaching was once frowned upon during the 90s through to early 2000. People grew more comfortable with the concept during the last decade, resulting in a spike in the sale of skin lightening products. Now incarcerated deejay, Vybz Kartel started his own line of products and released songs such as “Cake Soap” and “Colouring Book,” which glorified the new look. His look would go on to become the blueprint for the look other Jamaican artistes such as Jahvillani, Gage, and Savage Savo are now rocking.

Jahvillani seemingly gave fans a preview of his intentions about four months ago when he deejayed the following line on his track “Domino: “mi flow tuffa dan a pack a domino/ Bleach out an’ white like snow.”

Fans should get a chance to see Jahvi’s new look in greater detail when the music video featuring Zamunda is released, even though there is no exact timeframe on that just yet. Wileside fans could be receiving yet another collaboration in short order, which may just feature Kranium. The speculations came after the two were recently photographed together.

Intence Told Govana He’s Dropping His Debut Album Soon

Govana requested a new album from Intence and seems he will get his wish.

It seems one of dancehall’s newest stars is finally looking to make his mark in a big way within the new year with the release of an album. This hitmaker is none other than the “AntiSocial” singer Intence. Despite a rocky 2020 that saw him parting ways with his management at Boysie Records and alleged beefs between Vybz Kartel and fellow newcomer Skillibeng, Intence has managed to remain relevant. Just about every release this year has been partnered with a music video, and many of these have landed among the top spots on Youtube’s trending list.

Intence has managed to keep himself to himself throughout it all, only joining with his labelmate I Waata on a few occasions. Nonetheless, he has managed to form strong ties off wax with the likes of the Vendetta and Strike Force clan. It was a conversation with StrikeForce’s ‘top coot’ Govana that revealed to fans what 2021 has in store for Yeng fans.

On January 10, Govana celebrated the first anniversary of his debut 14 track album that Humans And Monsters Are Not The Same [HAMANTS]. Intence chimed in below the celebratory post to congratulate the “Convo” singer with a few cool, explosive emoticons.

“Want a project from u this year enuh,” Govana wrote before a bullseye emoji. Intence replied stating, “Yea G a anytime now.”

A couple of fans sided with Govana’s call to action, hinting that a project at the height of his career would be fantastic. Others simply called for a collaboration between the two acts.

Intence’s most recent release titled “New Year” currently holds the number 4 spot on Youtube’s trending list with over 1 million views in a little over a week. This is a true testament to the artiste’s massive fanbase, which should serve him well when he releases his project.

Are you excited?

Lila Iké Joins The Lineup For Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival 2021

The Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival have been given a burst of local talent to enhance its already impressive lineup. The organizers have announced that In Digg Nation Collective’s Lila Iké and Tessellated have joined the line up for the event. Other acts who have been added include Richie Stephens, Jah9, and Jon Secada. The event, like many others on the island, will take place virtually. It will span three days from January 28 – 30.

The festival has returned after an almost six-year hiatus. Promoters have also disclosed that patrons can look forward to who the other artistes are in the coming weeks. They’ve confirmed at least five of them so far. In all, they expect 16-18 acts to grace the virtual stage. The winners of the Band Quest Competition are also expected to join the cast. The Band Quest Competition was created to encourage local bands to vie for an opening spot at the festival on the opening night.

Adrian Allen of the Steady Image Media Group spoke with The Gleaner about the festival and his association’s choice of artistes. He is working alongside Marcia McDonnough of Touchstone Productions.

“In deciding on the artistes for this festival we have taken into consideration the fact that over 400 acts have performed at Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival over the years. Most of the international acts that we want have already performed here, so we decided to bring back one act who has been on the show before, and then look to some new acts to take in the younger demographic of our target market,” he said.

He went to say that understanding the demographic was very important and that they tried to cater to both young and old music lovers.

“We are looking to cover the younger, middle and older market segments, taking into consideration the traditional, but not leaving out the younger market which is more familiar with the digital space,” he said.

The Jamaica Jazz and Blues was first held in 1996, and some major international acts have performed at the event, including Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, and Michael Bolton, to name a few.

Bob Marley’s Daughter Dismisses Reports Rita Marley Is Dead

Rita Marley is NOT dead.

Sometimes the internet can be a friend, and other times it can be a foe used by others for clickbait as it spreads misinformation. Such was the case of an internet hoax claiming that Rita Marley, the widow of Reggae Legend, Bob Marley was dead. In fact, Mrs. Marley is alive and well, as her oldest daughter, Cedella, shared a heartwarming video of her mother being anything but dead.

In a 37-second video on her Facebook page, Cedella posted a video of her and her 74-year-old mother, with Cedella wearing a mask asks her mom to say good morning as the two rocks to some Bob Marley music on Sirius XM. Cedella jokes with her mother, who then adds on some fashionable sunglasses. “Good morning, good morning, good morning. Mummy Say good morning Mummy,” Cedella says before turning the camera to Rita, who said good morning in a muffled voice.

The Marley matriarch suffered a stroke in 2016, which affected the muscles on one side of her face and affects her clarity of speech. Nevertheless, that didn’t stop her from looking fresh and glowing as her melanin skin glistened in the light. “She loves you,” Cedella says as Rita nods.

The video was captioned “Jamming wid Rita Marley on this beautiful day. Tune into Bob Marley’s Tuff Gong Radio on Sirius XM for good music and better vibes.

Unscrupulous persons who shared the cruel hoax online also updated Marley’s Wikipedia page to say she passed away. Rita Marley was born Alfarita Constania Anderson on July 25, 1946, to her parents Cynthia ‘Beda’ Jarrett and Leroy Anderson in neighboring Cuba. She, however, grew up in Jamaica after being adopted by her aunt Viola, a well-respected seamstress on the island.

Rita got married to Bob Marley on February 10, 1966, and they would later go on to have several children together. The musically gifted matriarch was a member of the supporting vocalist group “I Three” as a backup singer for Bob Marley.

She also has several successful solo albums under her belt, including Who Feels It Knows It, Harambe, We Must Carry On which was nominated for a Grammy award in 1992.

Dancehall Artists Spice & Shenseea Unfollowed Each Other On IG As Beef Intensified

Spice and Shenseea have both unfollowed each other on Instagram fueling more rumors about a brewing beef.

Trouble seems to be brewing between Spice and Shenseea as the two women who were previously chummy have unfollowed each other on social media and fans are speculating that the two have had a tense relationship after since Spice’s religious advisor disclosed that he told Spice not to collaborate with Shenseea because she would outshine Spice and take her place in dancehall.

Shenseea and Spice have never collaborated even though the “Shengyeng Anthem” deejay has said that she was interested in doing collaborations but nobody wants to collaborate with her.

In December of 2020 while on a live video she responded to fans who asked why she hasn’t done many collaborations. “guys, it’s not that I don’t try to do collaborations eneuh, especially with Jamaican artists, it’s just dem nuh waan do none wid me, really and truly. My manager has reached out to a lot of females, dem nuh waan do nuh song wid mi suh weh me fi do?”

Fans had previously felt that Shenseea’s song ‘Upset’ was indirectly targeted at Spice after Nardo ‘RT Boss’ Smith disclosed that the Queen of Dancehall did not want to collaborate with Shenseea. In the song Shenseea said “a prayer carry meh, me bun wickedness and iniquity…” which many felt was a subtle diss to Spice and the obeah rumours engulfing her.

Things got to a head on Monday as the two unfollowed each other on Instagram. Shenseea’s manager Romeich Major has also unfollowed Spice both have remained mum on the Spice created drama.

Fans speculated that that the brewing animosity stems from a post made by Jada Kingdom that spice reposted. Jada Kingdom thanked fans in West Palm beach Florida where she performed and she said “…a million thanks to my mentor @spiceofficial I love you queen. Nuff artist nuh wah big up who come before dem m& give credit to who dem learn from.. mi nava dat inna mi.”

Spice in reposting the caption said “thanks @jadakingdom your appreciation means a lot to me. In all my years in this industry I’ve never been tagged by a female artist to say they watched and learned anything from me. You told me even on Club House that you use to sit and watch my performances and look at you now, mashing up every where you go. Big up uself Mumma heavy your heart speaks volumes. I’m a big fan I’m so proud of you and your growth is impeccable.”

However, fans came with receipt and called out Spice for being shady with the post. On on comment by a fan who said the post had more shade than bench under mango tree, a Shenseea fan came to the defence- “talk truth!!!! Cause @shenseea big her up when she did her interview on Elle. Smh then she talk bout people ungrateful.”

Another fan said “she said shi listen Spice music too, before yu tlk watch di video, shi even said Spice taught her how tu ride the riddim nd a lot mre, unu just hate di grl fhi no reson at all. Nd even if it was jus a big up at least it was somethg cause there are alotta female artist in the industry and wey not evn big up Spice.”

Another fan called Spice a vile person given all the problems she has been encountering regarding her dancers who alleged that Spice under paid them. “@youluvkells said “I used to be a big fan of you over the years! But as soon as new artists came up in dancehall, the new situation with your dancers and now your recent post with Jada Kingdom shows me what disgusting vile person you are. There are many female artists who have looked up to you and you single out one just because she mentioned it on social media?

Meanwhile viral site The Tropixs came with the receipts as they reposted several of Shenseea’s posts in which she shared her respect for Spice. In one post Shenseea says “I have a different level of respect for you…Spice a di Queen,” she validated Spice.

In another of several posts Shenseea said “@Spiceofficial big up yourself! You are a role model to many and as females we often tend to bring eachother down than unite! Before I came on the scene I was introduced to you with just 2 songs that “ive ever written and you still spoke good of me and gave me advice on how to really attack a beat! And I will never forget that! But this right here, ME FEEL DAMN PROUD! Not only as a fellow Jamaican but as a female not a soul can badmind u cause we all know u work real HARD!!!

Meanwhile Shenseea nor Major has reacted to Spice but Shenseea did post the following cryptic message “BADMIND cya hide wid make up #BadAlone #NotInaGang,” which fans speculate is a diss to Spice.

Sean Paul Details How He Handled Jealous Tension With Jay-Z Over Beyonce

Sean Paul is revealing which artists to expect on his new albums and how he handled the long-lived conspiracy that he and Jay-Z had beef over Beyoncé.

Perhaps one of the most wonderous career-sprouting moments for Sean Paul was his 2003 collaboration with Beyoncé, “Baby Boy.” It can be considered that the song came early in both Bey’s and Sean’s careers. The mega-hit, which topped the Billboard chart for nine weeks, was served up on Queen B’s first solo album, Dangerously In Love. While the celebrated track was responsible for their early success, it also incited rumors of a romance between the American R&B singer and Jamaican dancehall star.

At the time, Beyoncé was dating Jay-Z, her current husband to whom she married in 2008 and shares, three children. Both artists remained tight-lipped during the highly-publicized speculation that has followed their careers for years. The primary rumor spawned spin-offs, including that the two dated while Bey was on a break from her then-boyfriend Jay-Z, and years later that Sean Paul supposedly admitted in a biography that Jay-Z was “was very jealous” and has a problem with him “to this day.”

The focal point of the controversy predated these revelations, however, as the plot thickened when Sean Paul was allegedly prevented from performing his hit song with Beyoncé at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards, reportedly on account of this incorrigible jealousy that Jay-Z possessed. Sean Paul has tried to discredit the rumors in the past, calling them “crazy” after the fact, but he made sure to ride the wave back in the early 2000s. The speculation was only fueled further by the fact that the two artists shot the music video for “Baby Boy” separately.

Perhaps one of the most esteemed moments of his career in spite of the scandalous connotation, the “Baby Boy” controversy forced Sean Paul to quell rumors of a romance between him and Beyoncé on several occasions. Alas, the dancehall deejay is addressing the famous ordeal again in a new radio interview in Jamaica. The Grammy Award-winning deejay did not deny that there was tension with Jay-Z regarding the rapper’s reservations about him and Beyoncé back in the day. In fact, he said he wasn’t “comfortable” with how some things were.

During the discussion on RJR 94’s Two Live Crew with Wesley Burger, the host, Burgerman, expressed his qualms about the whole debacle “when Baby Boy did come out.” The radio personality told Paul, “you know dah likkle video suppm deh. Mi neva feel good bout it enuh, but mi a seh, mi like how di General deal wid it though.” In response, the dancehall star was in agreement about the feeling of unease, but he just used tact to tackle the problem.

“Yuh si weh you seh? You neva feel comfortable. Me neva feel comfortable needa, but mi jus use my diplomacy all di while an guh roun any likkle obstacle weh me have inna life,” said Sean Paul. Burgerman then postulated that Jay-Z just didn’t want Sean anywhere near Beyoncé, which is when he responded, “Yes, to me that was something that was apparent at the time.” He later added, “Wi know that artistry is artistry suh a nuh every time dem ting deh gwan.”

In a previous interview in the early 2010s, Sean Paul said he knew Jay-Z before Beyoncé and suggested that the rumors were absurd. “The general public blew it up in certain things,” he stated via MTV News back in 2012. He admitted that he never shut down the rumor at the time because it was great publicity for the song. “I just remained quiet about it for years because it was doing its work. There was just a lot of controversy,” he continued. “She’s an amazing artist, the song was at number 1 for like nine weeks, so that was a very special time for me and for dancehall.”

Sean Paul never said the thought never crossed his mind. In fact, he thought it inevitable because “she’s a beautiful woman,” as he previously admitted in a MOBO Awards interview, but there was never any real indication of foul play or record of him being anything less than respectful. The fact that he is still being asked about this rumor in 2021 is a testament to the infinite power of controversial publicity. This year, even with his song with Beyoncé being ever-relevant, Sean Paul is anticipating creating new history with artists like Gwen Stefani, Sia, and more.

According to the American Music Award-winning deejay, he plans to release two albums this year: Live and Living and Scorcher. The latter will feature artists like Shenseea, Stylo G, and Jada Kingdom, while the former will have a dancehall star-studded guest list that includes Buju Banton, Busy Signal, Mavado, and more. Dancehall hot topics Squash, Intence, Masicka, among others, will also appear on Live and Living.

Are you looking forward to Sean Paul’s 2021 hits and these exciting collaborations?

Popcaan Enters Legal Marijuana Business With “Unruly Cannabis Tea”

Popcaan has made his entrance into the legal marijuana business with his own line of Unruly Cannabis Tea.

Popcaan has long been a fan of marijuana as the artiste has been known for his prolific use of the herb in music videos and his everyday life, and now he is planning to release his own immune tea. The artiste, also known as Unruly Boss stated that he is a regular user of weed in all forms, so it comes as no surprise that he is now launching products along this line. “weed is my best friend so I use it in all form, had to make sure my unruly people strong this time around. Dropping my cannabis immune tea real soon…Sip, relax, and feel good. Body your immune system the unruly way,” Popcaan said in an Instagram post.

The tea, which is packaged in a yellow and black pack with the word Unruly emblazoned in large black and white fond, also boasts the ingredients as cannabis, lemon, and vitamin C. The product will have 10 tea bags and can be bought in Popcaan’s online store – the unruly shop.

Popcaan’s use of weed is no surprise in Jamaica as weed is decriminalized for medicinal use and small amounts of up to two ounces. However, the artiste’s way of life has caused controversy for him as an artiste on tour. In early 2020 he caused outrage while smoking weed in public while on the way to perform at a show in Ghana.

The “Weed Is My Best Friend” artiste drew the ire of a Ghanian artiste who went to jail for smoking weed in public. The artiste Kwaw Kese publicly questioned the hypocrisy, and double standard in treatment as Popcaan smoked weed in full view of police officers.

Shenseea The New “Queen of Dancehall”? MC Nuffy Retires Spice

Shenseea is the new Queen of Dancehall, even though Spice is still active in the genre, according to MC Nuffy,

Dancehall artiste Shenseea seemingly unlocked a new level on Sunday night when she delivered a freestyle that could rival some of the greatest lyricists in the world. No wonder the likes of media personality Lala Anderson and rapper Missy Elliot gave the Pretty Little Thing ambassador her props for how she handled herself on the beat. It’s no surprise that her freestyle is now influencing talks of a possible takeover within the competitive arena of dancehall.

Hopeful Shenseea’s fans have been eyeing the queen of the dancehall throne for their queen for some time now, and according to a handful, the time to assume the position has finally arrived. Popular host and dancehall personality MC Nuffy is also calling for the removal of the current titleholder, Spice, while throwing his support behind the Interscope Records signee.

Spice a get old like me, and dis likkle young girl is next in line. Spice crown gone clean,” he said.

“Dis (Shenseea) is the new girl. If yuh notice everybody a give her female artiste a di year fi 2020 and a supmn dem can’t deny. When Spice did fi get it, she get it. So now it may look a way to some people, but she (Shenseea) earn every success coming her way. She has great work ethic, she has a mega-team weh help her get a bagga endorsements, and she a get international attention many only dream about. Nuh see all Missy Elliot a comment pan the girl thing. Yuh think Missy Elliot blind? The big dancehall crossover can happen anytime now because this is the girl. ”

MC Nuffy and Spice have been at odds for a number of years now. While speaking to The Star, he explains that their beef has nothing to do with his position on the matter. He further highlighted that he gave Spice her flowers when it was deserved. However, Nuffy said that he feels Spice does have much creative energy left in the tank.

“When she fi get praise, she get it. But a just facts mi a talk. I did give Spice the princess of dancehall when she just start because Lady Saw was queen, and I tell her say she was going to be queen when Lady Saw leave the industry. I know champions,” he said. “She did her thing, made some great moves for dancehall, but now she buck.

Is Shenseea the new Queen of Dancehall?
He continued by praising the “Rebel” singer while listing some of her attributes that make her the complete package.

“Mi observe everything weh a gwaan inna di business and honestly, Shenseea gone a lead now. She a do di music weh overseas wah hear, she have a likkle Nicki Minaj thing going for her, and she look like a star. She is the complete package fi dancehall right now and dats why everywhere she go she a lock it down. Dancehall did need something like dis and it come, and when yuh see it come yuh affi embrace it.”

Being labeled the queen of anything is surely a cushy position, and one many strive to occupy. The latest call for a change has led to the following question: Does Shenseea actually want to be the Queen of Dancehall?

While speaking to The Star earlier in the week, Shen expressed that she has no interest in contesting for the throne and simply wants to continue to grow musically.

“I’m honored that they (the fans) see me as such (the next dancehall queen) but it wasn’t a title I’ve always wanted. I want to do music and enjoy it for the fun not because it is expected of me to do so,” she said.

The “Sure Sure” singer doubled down on her stance when she shared a screenshot of her words along with an explanation that she already considers herself a Queen simply by being a woman.

Mavado’s Son Dante Brooks’ Murder Trial Underway, Witnesses Cross-examined

The verdict in the trial of Dante Brooks, the son of Dancehall Deejay Mavado, is expected to be handed down by the end of the month.

Brooks’ Attorney-at-Law Peter Champagnie QC said the trial began on January 11, 2021, and is still in the prosecution stage. “The prosecution is still presenting its case, and the main witnesses are still being cross-examined. I can’t say for sure how long the trial will run, but I am expecting it to continue for at least two weeks. Are quite a number of witnesses to be questioned, and so it’s still early days yet for a verdict,” he told the Jamaica Star.

Champagnie says that both men- Brooks and his co-accused Andre Hines have maintained their innocence. Champagnie said, “all that I will say is that we have clear instructions from him that he is innocent and we are certainly going to be challenging the prosecution’s case as it goes along.”

Brooks, who is only 18 years old, is being tried as an adult. He and Hines, who have been in remand since 2018, are facing trial for the murder of Lorenzo Thomas, also known as ‘Israel’ or ‘Trulups,’ in Cassava Piece, St. Andrew, where both men are also residents. The murder occurred on June 5, 2018.

The charges against Dante Brooks and his co-accused include conspiracy to murder, arson, shooting with intent, and illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition. Brooks has been in a juvenile facility in Kingston, having had multiple bail applications denied. There have also been hiccups with the start of the trial, which was originally set for January 7.

The defense team opted for trial by judge rather than trial by judge and jury based on various factors, Champagnie said without going into those factors more.

Meanwhile, the trial of his son seems to weigh heavy on the Gully artiste Mavado who showed love to his son on Instagram with several motivational posts days before the trial began. He also released a song, ‘Not Perfect’ which speaks to the troubles both father and son have experienced with the law.

No Bail For Tommy Lee Sparta Gun Case Rescheduled To February 3

Still no bail for Tommy Lee Sparta as his gun case pushed back.

Embattled dancehall deejay Tommy Lee Sparta will not get to start 2021 with his family as he was remanded into custody yesterday, January 14. His case was called up in the Corporate Area Gun Court division of the Home Circuit Court. He will remain behind bars until at least February 3. The Jamaica Observer spoke to one of his attorneys-at-law, Donahue Martin, who explained that he could not share much about what happened during the camera session court case.

“The matter was set first before the court today. I, however, can’t speak with the openness of what took place in court, because those matters are in-camera,” he added. He did, however, say that “the matter is, however, fixed for February 3, 2021.”

Another attorney representing Tommy Lee Sparta, attorney-at-law Tom Tavares-Finson, QC, gave a bit more detail about the process and why Lee was sent back to lock-up.

“Generally, when matters are first before the Gun Court, especially in recent times, the judge would make a Finger Print Order. A Finger Print Order just essentially means you give your fingerprint to the police and, from that, the police can indicate whether a particular individual has previous convictions or if they have other cases pending,” he said. He added that this process must be completed because it also helps the court to know if the person charged has a pending warrant out for them. “That is the purpose of the Finger Print Order,” he said.

Most times, until this condition is met, a defendant is not even allowed to apply for bail, he continued. Tommy Lee Sparta, who was not physically present in court, faces charges of illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition. The deejay, whose real name is Leroy Russell, also spent six weeks behind bars last year, 2020, as police questioned him about his relationship with the Sparta Gang that operates out of Montego Bay. The gang was said to be responsible for several shootings in the area.

In this latest case, police reports indicate that he was arrested on December 14 after a vehicle in which he was traveling was intercepted by members of the JCF’s Specialized Operations unit. Following a search of the occupants in the vehicle, the squad allegedly found a 9mm Glock pistol with an extended magazine containing 18 rounds of ammunition. Police said it was found in Lee’s waistband. Police also said that he is being investigated for other criminal offenses.

Dancehall Artists Spice & Shenseea Unfollowed Each Other On IG As Beef Intensified

Spice and Shenseea have both unfollowed each other on Instagram fueling more rumors about a brewing beef.

Trouble seems to be brewing between Spice and Shenseea as the two women who were previously chummy have unfollowed each other on social media and fans are speculating that the two have had a tense relationship after since Spice’s religious advisor disclosed that he told Spice not to collaborate with Shenseea because she would outshine Spice and take her place in dancehall.

Shenseea and Spice have never collaborated even though the “Shengyeng Anthem” deejay has said that she was interested in doing collaborations but nobody wants to collaborate with her.

In December of 2020 while on a live video she responded to fans who asked why she hasn’t done many collaborations. “guys, it’s not that I don’t try to do collaborations eneuh, especially with Jamaican artists, it’s just dem nuh waan do none wid me, really and truly. My manager has reached out to a lot of females, dem nuh waan do nuh song wid mi suh weh me fi do?”

Fans had previously felt that Shenseea’s song ‘Upset’ was indirectly targeted at Spice after Nardo ‘RT Boss’ Smith disclosed that the Queen of Dancehall did not want to collaborate with Shenseea. In the song Shenseea said “a prayer carry meh, me bun wickedness and iniquity…” which many felt was a subtle diss to Spice and the obeah rumours engulfing her.

Things got to a head on Monday as the two unfollowed each other on Instagram. Shenseea’s manager Romeich Major has also unfollowed Spice both have remained mum on the Spice created drama.

Fans speculated that that the brewing animosity stems from a post made by Jada Kingdom that spice reposted. Jada Kingdom thanked fans in West Palm beach Florida where she performed and she said “…a million thanks to my mentor @spiceofficial I love you queen. Nuff artist nuh wah big up who come before dem m& give credit to who dem learn from.. mi nava dat inna mi.”

Spice in reposting the caption said “thanks @jadakingdom your appreciation means a lot to me. In all my years in this industry I’ve never been tagged by a female artist to say they watched and learned anything from me. You told me even on Club House that you use to sit and watch my performances and look at you now, mashing up every where you go. Big up uself Mumma heavy your heart speaks volumes. I’m a big fan I’m so proud of you and your growth is impeccable.”

However, fans came with receipt and called out Spice for being shady with the post. On on comment by a fan who said the post had more shade than bench under mango tree, a Shenseea fan came to the defence- “talk truth!!!! Cause @shenseea big her up when she did her interview on Elle. Smh then she talk bout people ungrateful.”

Another fan said “she said shi listen Spice music too, before yu tlk watch di video, shi even said Spice taught her how tu ride the riddim nd a lot mre, unu just hate di grl fhi no reson at all. Nd even if it was jus a big up at least it was somethg cause there are alotta female artist in the industry and wey not evn big up Spice.”

Another fan called Spice a vile person given all the problems she has been encountering regarding her dancers who alleged that Spice under paid them. “@youluvkells said “I used to be a big fan of you over the years! But as soon as new artists came up in dancehall, the new situation with your dancers and now your recent post with Jada Kingdom shows me what disgusting vile person you are. There are many female artists who have looked up to you and you single out one just because she mentioned it on social media?

Meanwhile viral site The Tropixs came with the receipts as they reposted several of Shenseea’s posts in which she shared her respect for Spice. In one post Shenseea says “I have a different level of respect for you…Spice a di Queen,” she validated Spice.

In another of several posts Shenseea said “@Spiceofficial big up yourself! You are a role model to many and as females we often tend to bring eachother down than unite! Before I came on the scene I was introduced to you with just 2 songs that “ive ever written and you still spoke good of me and gave me advice on how to really attack a beat! And I will never forget that! But this right here, ME FEEL DAMN PROUD! Not only as a fellow Jamaican but as a female not a soul can badmind u cause we all know u work real HARD!!!

Meanwhile Shenseea nor Major has reacted to Spice but Shenseea did post the following cryptic message “BADMIND cya hide wid make up #BadAlone #NotInaGang,” which fans speculate is a diss to Spice.
Ain't this like the third person she had issues with?

Ain't this like the third person she had issues with?
spice always having a problem . she trying to be like the nikki minaj of dancehall always crying about something. Shenseea big up her numerous times what more do u want from the girl . Spice feeling threaten by her thats all it is

Hopefully both settle there differences and collaborate. Both have their distinct lane to shine. That beef shit is for the birds.

Power Star Michael Rainey Jr. Tapped For Youth Ambassador In Jamaica By Tourism Minister

Jamaica’s Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, is lobbying Michael Rainey Jr. to be a local youth ambassador.

Power Book II: Ghost aired the final episode of the season earlier this month, and coincidentally its standout lead Michael Rainey Jr., is also receiving his flowers from his native land of Jamaica. The young actor spent the day with Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett as “They explored the possibility of using Michael’s talent, vision and wisdom to help the young people of Jamaica realize their full potential.”

As mentioned via the official Ministry of Tourism Instagram page, the actor “was accompanied by his mother Shauna Small; publicist, JLexy Brooks, and Management Assistant Jared Pessoa.”

Rainey delivered a message of hope and inspiration to all the youth of Jamaica while collecting a beautiful painting of Jamaica’s national bird, The doctor bird or swallow tail hummingbird.

“Just had a good talk about how I want to keep inspiring the youth of Jamaica and the country. I just want to make sure all the youths know that anything is possible no matter what you want to do,” said the Power actor “just stay motivated and stay positive and live your dream.”

The actor plays the character of Tariq St. Patrick on Starz network’s hit drama series and is best known for being the person who killed the character of Ghost, which was played by Omari Hardwick. Tariq’s character picked up a lot of hate when it was discovered that he was the trigger man. However, he has seemingly earned some newfound respect for his brilliant acting in the recently concluded season.

Back