Welcome To aBlackWeb

stop asking people when are they going to have kids

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
GEEZ LOUISE!!

yesterday at happy hour my girlfriends and i (all professional women in their late 20s early 30s) were talking about how we r always bombared with men and women asking us when are we going to have babies and when are we going to settle down and we all laughed at how absurd it is!! :lol10:for one, asking a woman “when are you going to get pregnant???” is fucking ignorant because you dont know if shes ever miscarried before, or IF she can even have babies in the first place!! (some women are born without utereses) second off, SOME WOMEN DONT EVEN WANT FUCKING KIDS lmao like did you ever take that into consideration????

my sister has been with her boyfriend for like 3 years. hes afrolatino, from harlem, and his mother had him at like 16. this lady is always asking my sister when is she going to pop out a baby, my fucking sister is 26 lmaooo like huh? shes trying to balance work, school, and surviving in NY and youre concerned about when shes having kids?!? but get this, she even ask Clint (my sisters boyfriend) when is he going to get her pregnant and marry her lmaooo the nigga is 27?!??

idk man, i feel society is so warped. ppl truly feel like your life starts at kids and marriage and i just cant get with that. sure i would like to be married one day and have children but im not going to make just anyone the father of my children or be married to a nigga just to say “i have a husband” lmaooo

plus i enjoy my freedom. i do as i please. im in no rush! lol

ive seen so many of my friends struggle with kids, even while married and ive seen so many of my married male friends complain about their wives or fucking divorce their wives after 3yrs of marriage citing “she doesnt put out and doesnt show affection” i deadass had my homeboy tell me he married his wife for stability and not love.... huh !? now hes cheating every other weekend lmao

listen, this is not to bash anyone, just saying, let ppl live their life on their own terms.

being a wife/husband or dad/mom isnt a personality trait.

stop projecting your baby/marriage quota on everybody else.

yeah I think fucking with people about it is wrong

but I also dont think it always comes from some ill willed space

some people love babies, and love, and families and watching that whole thing blossom

some people are just small talking and fucking with you

anyway I think there's pros and cons to waiting too long tho.......on one hand I know people in their 20's are trying to figure out life and shit but I also feel like 40 and up carrying car seats and diaper bags is wild

to each his own on that part

marriage is a different beast altogether....I do tell young people to chill, there is nooooo reason to rush that.....you need to live on every level you have in your mind before you make that choice

GEEZ LOUISE!!

yesterday at happy hour my girlfriends and i (all professional women in their late 20s early 30s) were talking about how we r always bombared with men and women asking us when are we going to have babies and when are we going to settle down and we all laughed at how absurd it is!! :lol10:for one, asking a woman “when are you going to get pregnant???” is fucking ignorant because you dont know if shes ever miscarried before, or IF she can even have babies in the first place!! (some women are born without utereses) second off, SOME WOMEN DONT EVEN WANT FUCKING KIDS lmao like did you ever take that into consideration????

my sister has been with her boyfriend for like 3 years. hes afrolatino, from harlem, and his mother had him at like 16. this lady is always asking my sister when is she going to pop out a baby, my fucking sister is 26 lmaooo like huh? shes trying to balance work, school, and surviving in NY and youre concerned about when shes having kids?!? but get this, she even ask Clint (my sisters boyfriend) when is he going to get her pregnant and marry her lmaooo the nigga is 27?!??

idk man, i feel society is so warped. ppl truly feel like your life starts at kids and marriage and i just cant get with that. sure i would like to be married one day and have children but im not going to make just anyone the father of my children or be married to a nigga just to say “i have a husband” lmaooo

plus i enjoy my freedom. i do as i please. im in no rush! lol

ive seen so many of my friends struggle with kids, even while married and ive seen so many of my married male friends complain about their wives or fucking divorce their wives after 3yrs of marriage citing “she doesnt put out and doesnt show affection” i deadass had my homeboy tell me he married his wife for stability and not love.... huh !? now hes cheating every other weekend lmao

listen, this is not to bash anyone, just saying, let ppl live their life on their own terms.

being a wife/husband or dad/mom isnt a personality trait.

stop projecting your baby/marriage quota on everybody else.
Facts sometimes parents pressure their kids into getting married or having kids as well. Sad but true.

I kinda thought people were getting past that given the social and economic climate, oh AND Rona. Gen z and Millenials are more cautious with that because of Boomers fumblin the rock.

blame yourselves for always speaking in a "time running out" fashion

if ya'll didnt put so much emphasis on ya biological clocks, people wouldnt keep asking ya

Feel you. As done already been touched on alot of people are having children just basically from sheer social pressure to reproduce or display that they have some sort of social value lmao. Same with people remaining in trash ass relationships. Alot of that be just perception control.

Lmao I got a cousin who used to stay telling me I need to have some kids cause my mama and daddy need some granchildren.. i mean she stayed on that shit. Thing is she got a son same age as me and he aint got no kids, plus she hate every female that nigga bring around. I be wanting to clap back but she one of my favorite cousins despite her saying stupid shit like that.

then i got an aunt on the other side who be on the same shit. When she got a son thats in his mid 40s, aint ever bought a girlfriend home and act like he might have some sugar in his tank. That shit be flooring tf outta me

like im good bruh, im happy as shit right now without no kids and being able to go/do whatever tf i wanna do. I aint ready to lose that freedom yet.

Man I'm 61 and I still have dreams of having my first child. I was suppose to start the process this year but toffee roni came through. I hope I can start the process next year. Cross y'alls fingers and pray for me y'all. I need it

I don’t like when I’m asked when I’m going to have more kids. Like they not cheap or easy it’s literally a whole new person that you gotta mold and shit. If this was the 50s where you could graduate high school get a job at a factory or something that pays a wage that matches your cost of living way more people would have kids.

I can understand people asking if it’s close family and they seem well established and decent people. But it’s still a little rude.

Back