Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Well Done

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Church Shoe Status

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
We ate the ribeye before I could snap a pic.

ooh wee.
View attachment 372668

Be gentle.

Yo... it looks like you steamed it. What the hell? Did you cook that on a cast iron pan?

Sorry but that looks like you microwaved all three of them together. (Actually the potatoes and asparagus look pretty decent).

Also t-bones are usually a waste of time and money in my opinion. At least one side is going to be way over or way under.

Yo... it looks like you steamed it. What the hell? Did you cook that on a cast iron pan?

Sorry but that looks like you microwaved all three of them together. (Actually the potatoes and asparagus look pretty decent).

Also t-bones are usually a waste of time and money in my opinion. At least one side is going to be way over or way under.
It was cooked on a cast iron skillet. It tasted good.
??‍♀️

Have you tried reverse searing? If you have a steak 1.5 inches or more that's the way to go. Basically you season it and then cook it on a rack in a 250F oven until it gets to temp about 5 degs lower than you want (go for 125deg). This can take up to 40 minutes but you gotta just check it often.

After it's out you rest it under foil for about 15 minutes and heat up your grill or cast iron pan with a little oil to mad hot and pat the steak dry and throw it in the pan for about a minute on each side and the crust should be perfect and the steak will be just right.

Oh I forgot one detail... when you flip it during the final sear throw a nice pat of butter on top. You can also put some fresh thyme or rosemary in the pan as well but if you season it well (i use either just salt or montreal steak seasoning) you won't need it. Don't put black pepper on before you sear it since it will burn at the temps you want to be using.

All I can say is if you don't have to open up all the windows and turn some fans on after it's all said and done that means the pan wasn't hot enough. You gotta wake up the next morning smelling steak fumes and look at your stove like "what the fuck happened last night?"
U ain't lying, we had the whole crib smoked the fuck out, even had to evacuate for a few mins but you right. Key to steak is really high temperature and butter/oil. Salt that bitch up real good ahead of time. While it's in the cast iron cooking have the garlic, thyme lay in it. If your steak is harder then the middle of your finger when you squeeze it when you press down on the middle of the steak then your steak is already trash and might as well go eat a burger patty with your well done trash. Marbling is also key to picking out the right steak.

Getting a steak 2 inch cut is a must as well.

Aite I copped a striploin to test out the avocado oil first..

20201003_175137.jpg

Ida preferred it cooked a little longer but I was fuckin hungry and took it out quicker than I normally would. Had it with some asparagus and some mashed sweet potatoes from the muhfuckin garden. Some garlic butter on top

20201004_183244.jpg 20201004_183417.jpg 20201004_183508.jpg 20201004_183502.jpg

Still good tho and the second half will be good when I reheat it lol

View attachment 373395

Ida preferred it cooked a little longer but I was fuckin hungry and took it out quicker than I normally would. Had it with some asparagus and some mashed sweet potatoes from the muhfuckin garden. Some garlic butter on top

View attachment 373394View attachment 373393View attachment 373391View attachment 373392

Souljaboycrying.jpg

quick question for yall.

Whats the best way to have the steak nice and crispy as fuck on the outside and medium on the inside on a stovetop?

I typically use a cast iron pan on high heat with butter but the type of crisp i like it tends to be more on the medium-well side. Any tips on how to crisp it quicker without overcooking it?

Reverse sear is the way to go

Cook the steak with indirect heat, not to high temp (either grill or oven) get it to the doneness level 1 or 2 below your preference.

Then slap it over the hottest heat you can get for about 30 seconds to a minute per side.

Souljaboycrying.jpg

Insult or props? lol

Reverse sear is the way to go

Cook the steak with indirect heat, not to high temp (either grill or oven) get it to the doneness level 1 or 2 below your preference.

Then slap it over the hottest heat you can get for about 30 seconds to a minute per side.

A couple people have said this reverse method is the way to go... gonna have to try it after this oil experiment I got going on

View attachment 373395

View attachment 373394View attachment 373393View attachment 373391View attachment 373392

200.gif
Nice bright pink, crisp outside.

Insult or props? lol

A couple people have said this reverse method is the way to go... gonna have to try it after this oil experiment I got going on
Oh props

Those pics brought a tear to my eye b

What up y’all... As a heads up, if you don’t have a meat thermometer you setting yourself up for the L off top. Unless you super experienced like that in eyeing your meat.... So ‘gon head and order you one. They’re cheap and help you monitor frfr. Especially on thicker cuts of meat. Trust me on this. Anyway, Grilled a couple Ribeye’s tonight for some company that came thru. Salted and put in fridge for like 8 hours. Took out and brought to room temp and slightly dusted with some smoked Paprika. Didn’t really get the grill marks that I wanted but meh. My coals were trippin today for some reason but other than that they came out perfect ??

FD1DE1AE-2AD2-42DE-802B-50F5DE290A32.jpeg
2B6602C2-C5A4-470B-99AE-C7741B836256.jpeg
FBCB2BC9-3FD1-4645-8BE3-86C6C8B44BFF.jpeg
BF2E1D84-79A4-426B-8AC8-0D22BA50C4B7.jpeg 4166DEDA-70D8-4389-A601-FF966C9E2057.jpeg 09F0538B-8594-42BE-ADAD-B6F07A4962E7.jpeg 878414E7-722F-4D15-AE57-2E97E4DCE5F4.jpeg A48CA123-515B-4DDD-962E-4743FA8FBBDA.jpeg

Last edited:
What up y’all... As a heads up, if you don’t have a meat thermometer you setting yourself up for the L off top. Unless you super experienced like that in eyeing your meat.... So ‘gon head and order you one. They’re cheap and help you monitor frfr. Especially on thicker cuts of meat. Trust me on this. Anyway, Grilled a couple Ribeye’s tonight for some company that came thru. Salted and put in fridge for like 8 hours. Took out and brought to room temp and slightly dusted with some smoked Paprika. Didn’t really get the grill marks that I wanted but meh. My coals were trippin today for some reason but other than that they came out perfect ??

View attachment 373766
View attachment 373768
View attachment 373770
View attachment 373771View attachment 373773View attachment 373774View attachment 373775View attachment 373835
:clawd3:
Beautiful

View attachment 373766
View attachment 373768
View attachment 373770
View attachment 373771View attachment 373773View attachment 373774View attachment 373775View attachment 373835
This nigga got on gloves like he a real pit master?

Either way, shit looks good af.

View attachment 373766
View attachment 373768
View attachment 373770
I need to start posting my shit, this how I got my work game to. Pretty cuts and perfect pink in the middle. Good work man.

Back