• Medium Well

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Well Done

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Church Shoe Status

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Seasoning isn't a sauce....

And if the dish is flavorful after it is cooked it shouldn't necessarily need additional stuff. Of course it's nice to add things after the fact but people kill me with automatically adding things to a meal they haven't even initially tried.

It's always best practice to taste the meal 1st and if it needs something add to it to enhance the flavor. If you have to add a lot of things to the item it most likely isn't good. Lol.
Never said seasoning is sauce...the point is something is getting put on the steak or injected but regardless you don't need to dump alot of sauce on a well done steak....some people like extra sauce period

quick question for yall.

Whats the best way to have the steak nice and crispy as fuck on the outside and medium on the inside on a stovetop?

I typically use a cast iron pan on high heat with butter but the type of crisp i like it tends to be more on the medium-well side. Any tips on how to crisp it quicker without overcooking it?

quick question for yall.

Whats the best way to have the steak nice and crispy as fuck on the outside and medium on the inside on a stovetop?

I typically use a cast iron pan on high heat with butter but the type of crisp i like it tends to be more on the medium-well side. Any tips on how to crisp it quicker without overcooking it?
I try to find the balance

Every chef that I have watched have said/done a sear first, cooking to inside temp outside works

I've done it in reverse, and found the results to be over cooked inside

quick question for yall.

I most often use a cast Iron as well as it be cold af outside. What im about to type out will definitely take some trial and error, but i promise once you master the shit it will be your preferred method for cooking steak. It just takes time.

Can be any cut of steak, but i mainly use ribeye. The Fat content really makes a difference reverse searing, so just keep that in mind. If you're doing something less fatty like a sirloin, you may need to adjust your time, but here is my process for reverse searing:

Salt (sea salt or Rock salt or something more crystal than regular table salt) your steak and let it get to room temperature. Pre Heat oven to 225.

Get a baking sheet with a wire rack and put the steak on the wire rack and bake at 225 for about 45min. If you don't have a wire rack, you can put the steak directly on the oven rack. Just put a baking sheet or something below it to catch the drippings.

A bit before your steak is done baking, get your cast iron HOT. Like a very High Medium - High heat. Depending on what oil you use should determine the temp. You want the oil hot, but not smokey. I myself use olive oil which isnt a very high heat oil so I have to do Medium heat.

Once the skillet is hot with the oil, place the steak in the cast iron. Dont touch it, just let it sit and cook for only One minute each side (if on medium heat, try cooking for a 1min 30 sec or 2min)

After the steak is flipped and cooks for the opposite side for one min, turn the heat to Low-Medium and add 2 tablespoons of butter and any herbs or garlic to the skillet. Tilt the skillet towards you and let the melted butter pool then take a spoon and spoon it over the steak. This will add awesome flavor and also crisp up the crusts.

If the steak has strips of fat or extra fat on the sides of it, use tongs and put that fat in the hot grease for a minute or two so it can render.

Once done rendering the fat, set the steak on a cutting board, plate or wrapped in foil and let it rest for 10 mins.

Definitely takes some practice to get to your personal preference, but i promise its the GOAT method if you dont got a grill.

heres a probably much easier recipe to read: https://www.jessicagavin.com/how-to-reverse-sear-a-steak/

I most often use a cast Iron as well as it be cold af outside. What im about to type out will definitely take some trial and error, but i promise once you master the shit it will be your preferred method for cooking steak. It just takes time.

Can be any cut of steak, but i mainly use ribeye. The Fat content really makes a difference reverse searing, so just keep that in mind. If you're doing something less fatty like a sirloin, you may need to adjust your time, but here is my process for reverse searing:

Salt (sea salt or Rock salt or something more crystal than regular table salt) your steak and let it get to room temperature. Pre Heat oven to 225.

Get a baking sheet with a wire rack and put the steak on the wire rack and bake at 225 for about 45min. If you don't have a wire rack, you can put the steak directly on the oven rack. Just put a baking sheet or something below it to catch the drippings.

A bit before your steak is done baking, get your cast iron HOT. Like a very High Medium - High heat. Depending on what oil you use should determine the temp. You want the oil hot, but not smokey. I myself use olive oil which isnt a very high heat oil so I have to do Medium heat.

Once the skillet is hot with the oil, place the steak in the cast iron. Dont touch it, just let it sit and cook for only One minute each side (if on medium heat, try cooking for a 1min 30 sec or 2min)

After the steak is flipped and cooks for the opposite side for one min, turn the heat to Low-Medium and add 2 tablespoons of butter and any herbs or garlic to the skillet. Tilt the skillet towards you and let the melted butter pool then take a spoon and spoon it over the steak. This will add awesome flavor and also crisp up the crusts.

If the steak has strips of fat or extra fat on the sides of it, use tongs and put that fat in the hot grease for a minute or two so it can render.

Once done rendering the fat, set the steak on a cutting board, plate or wrapped in foil and let it rest for 10 mins.

Definitely takes some practice to get to your personal preference, but i promise its the GOAT method if you dont got a grill.

heres a probably much easier recipe to read: https://www.jessicagavin.com/how-to-reverse-sear-a-steak/

Interesting... I think ive tried it the opposite before where I sear it on high ass heat and then put it in the oven for a few minutes before letting it rest. Never thought to try it the other way. Might try it this week. props

quick question for yall.

You putting the stove as high as it goes?

Yeah I put the stove as high as it can go when searing the steak. It's a bum ass electric stove/oven so maybe thats the problem lol

Mine is electric too

Another thing I do is after I salt the steak, I chill it in the fridge for 30 min so the whole thing is all one temp

Sear in cast iron for around 3 min per side, it comes out perfect

quick question for yall.

Have you tried reverse searing? If you have a steak 1.5 inches or more that's the way to go. Basically you season it and then cook it on a rack in a 250F oven until it gets to temp about 5 degs lower than you want (go for 125deg). This can take up to 40 minutes but you gotta just check it often.

After it's out you rest it under foil for about 15 minutes and heat up your grill or cast iron pan with a little oil to mad hot and pat the steak dry and throw it in the pan for about a minute on each side and the crust should be perfect and the steak will be just right.

View attachment 371995
uuuuh what? I’m confused now how is cooking a steak properly propping up white supremacy? And you’re the one who can’t cook if you have to cook it well done to get whatever dry ass flavor you’re seeking
It ain't dry bub. And you're proping it up because y'all eat it the way whites say it should be eaten. I bet that you don't even wash of your chicken before you cook it. Yikes!

Back