Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Well Done

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Church Shoe Status

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
nah, they got y'all convinced of it 'cause it really wasn't that long ago that they were eating it well done. Nobody used to eat steak, or any form of beef, lamb, mutton, etc anything less than well done.

There's a whole history on it I think I wrote out on the IC. But it's basically what I said: YT got y'all convinced that it's good and that a well done steak can't be tender and juicy.

I can take it step further and state that dietary law on Abrahamic religions restricts the consumption of blood. So i dont think it's a coincidence most black folks historically prefer it cooked well done.

Whenever I think of a remotely rare steak, I think of the alleged "juices" coalescing on the plate when you slice into it.

It turns my stomach just thinking about it.

Only black people I know that prefer their meat not properly done/cooked, live around a lot of white folks (US or Europe).

Weird shit... but to each his own.:ualreadyknow:

Last edited:
You got it buddy...

Y'all well done folks skull be at thick as your steak and just as tough to get thru.

I don't argue with y'all
That must be the white coming out of you and my steak is tender af. I promise you would eat my well done steak and love me for it. You might even marry a brotha

Steak snobs: "You used more than salt and pepper?! SHAME ON YOU!!!!"

lol looks good @Whis Khalifa
I think black folks, especially from the south and people who are related to people who migrated from the south think everything needs to be super duper seasoned.

Like the thought of just salt and pepper makes people think, nah, no way... Can't be just two ingredients. It's not gonna taste right

But when you do just salt and pepper and realize how good that shit is, you wonder if everything you eat just needs a lil salt and a lil pepper.

Steak is one of those meals. It doesn't need rims with led lights on the inside of the ride.

I think black folks, especially from the south and people who are related to people who migrated from the south think everything needs to be super duper seasoned.

Like the thought of just salt and pepper makes people think, nah, no way... Can't be just two ingredients. It's not gonna taste right

But when you do just salt and pepper and realize how good that shit is, you wonder if everything you eat just needs a lil salt and a lil pepper.

Steak is one of those meals. It doesn't need rims with led lights on the inside of the ride.

eh... it doesnt have to be OVER seasoned but aint nothing wrong with tossing in some aromatics like garlic, thyme or rosemary to enhance the flavor

Back