Welcome To aBlackWeb

STARZ - American Gods (CANCELED After 3 Seasons)

i dont wanna derail this thread, but i understand what goldie is saying

the issue is that initially, all these companies wanted to cater to kids...point blank

while deadpool is getting most of the credit for showing them that an R rated movie could work, this is a time more than ever where Blade should be rebooted. I think Marvel has the rights to Blade again iirc, but the comics are not catered to kids, but they watered down the movies to get kids in the theaters

Like I said, comic book/fantasy shit (for the most part) has never been my thing, even as a kid. I joke around, but I'm not mad at a nigga for liking the shit. But to be 1oo, I've really begun to hate and despise comicbook movies because of Hollywood. They see there's a market for comicbook films, so they over saturate us with the shit, so now regular movies of quality are far few and between because Hollywood is only greenlighting comicbook movies.

Go google "best movies of 2017" , fuckin 90% of the movies listed are comicbook movies, the shit is disgusting. Cinema for the past few years have been trash. Thank God the small screen is in some what of a golden age.

I agree, minus the word dank.
I didnt get Mr.World though. What god is he exactly

well, a pod i listened to kinda broke it down and basically said that the show is about Old Gods vs New Ones or older generation vs. younger generation

I think Mr. World represents the younger generation

but more interesting than that imo was i JUST realized that old boy with the red hair is actually a leprechaun which is why he always has the gold coins. Im sure they mentioned this earlier, but im sure i missed it. No wonder he so tight about his gold coin that Moon's wife had

fav part of the episode was when she asked was he still her puppy and he was like "nah b"...LMAO

well, a pod i listened to kinda broke it down and basically said that the show is about Old Gods vs New Ones or older generation vs. younger generation

I think Mr. World represents the younger generation

but more interesting than that imo was i JUST realized that old boy with the red hair is actually a leprechaun which is why he always has the gold coins. Im sure they mentioned this earlier, but im sure i missed it. No wonder he so tight about his gold coin that Moon's wife had

fav part of the episode was when she asked was he still her puppy and he was like "nah b"...LMAO
Yeah I knew the old gods vs new gods thing. The only thing I can think the world represents this people that dont believe in a "god" but in the world or people as a whole, agnostics if you will.
Yeah thats a leprechaun, he' hilarious to me

ahhh ok...never thought about it like that

i think what i love the most about it is how genuine Shadow's disbelief is when these things are happening to him.

Compare that to something like the Marvel/DC world where we are told to suspend disbelief that these people exist in our world, but Shadow is on some "man is that shit for real" kinda vibe. He makes is "believeable"

i hope Orlando character come back. That monologue on the slave ship was EVERYTHING!

Mr. World is the god of modern technology, which is why the police were able to find shadow and wednesday so easily, they used satellites to get their pictures and location. The younger dude is the god of modern culture which is why he looks so different in every episode and skully is the god of media which is why she was able to be d bowie and m monroe.

Mr. World is the god of modern technology, which is why the police were able to find shadow and wednesday so easily. The younger dude is the god of modern culture which is why he looks so different in every episode and skully is the god of media which is why she was able to be d bowie and m monroe.

you gon have to show me the ropes son

tell me about Orlando character...isnt he a spider or some shit? is he a god?

He's anasi the spider, a trickster like loki, that's why he had that spider head in the slaveship scene (goat scene btw).
I looked him up. He's an African deity of story, he has the knowledge of all stories ever. That's why he knew the story of the black man in America
thats DOPE

brah, i almost lost it when he said "NOW, GO UP THERE...AND KILL THOSE DUTCH MOTHERFUCKERS"

Yeah ap gave you the basic rundown of the show, the old gods are in decline because nobody worship/believes in them anymore and the new gods (tech, internet, media) are super strong right now.

I didn't see the newest episode cause of that bs bethesda conference but I'ma come back here with my thoughts in a lil bit

You can read the comic by the same name on readcomicsonline.

Also like stated before Marvel's Hercules had a story arc exactly like tbis. The new God's are getting strong and the old God's are fading away. A fight happens and won't give away the ending but yeah same concept.

Back