Duncan
KG
Malone
Dirk
Barkley
Mchale
Webber
Pau Gasol
Draymond (based off accomplishments so far plus potential future accomplishments)
Bosh

This is another interesting one because of how different 4s are nowadays. This list could be very different in 15 years

Last edited:
1. Duncan
2. Malone
3. Barkley
4. Dirk
5. KG
6. McAdoo
7. McHale
8. Gasol
9. Webber
10. Green

Last edited:
Even though he is no higher than 9 on a few lists I'm surprised that Bosh made folks lists.

Even though he is no higher than 9 on a few lists I'm surprised that Bosh made folks lists.

It was close between him and Rodman for me. Gave Bosh credit for his time in Toronto and knowing he took a backseat for the team in Miami.

All Bullshit aside How do ya'll go about doing these? are U pulling for your Era ?

I just simply try to find the 10 top players that had legitimately great careers at each position. I think @Beta broke down greatness in the PG thread.

Flipping Rodman for Draymond. Good call

Draymond at 10 is an intriguing thought to me. Should an all-around player who has been key to 3 championships overtake a player who has proven to be a number one option but humbled himself to help a team to 2 rings? Quite the conundrum.

Draymond at 10 is an intriguing thought to me. Should an all-around player who has been key to 3 championships overtake a player who has proven to be a number one option but humbled himself to help a team to 2 rings? Quite the conundrum.
Then you could probably use skill to be another determining factor

Duncan
Barkley
Malone
Dirk
KG
Mcadoo
Mchale
Webber
Gasol
Rodman

Rodman the most unique person on this list. Nobody dominated a game like him without even scoring.

In a few years AD will be on the list

Draymond is a weird one.

Hes a 4 who has been the best defender on his team for 3 rings (I know iggy is the actual best defender but draymond is on the floor more and more versatile), also led the team in rebounds, and led the team in assists, plus is the vocal leader of the team.

Hes also been a defensive player of the year, and top 3 in voting for a few years.

The assists to me is what puts him above a rodman. Rodman was on the Pistons and Bulls to defend and rebound. Draymond is asked to defend, rebound, run the offense, lead the team, and occasionally hit 3s.

Plus Draymond already has real deep resume and his resume is gonna get deeper.

Draymond is a weird one.

Hes a 4 who has been the best defender on his team for 3 rings (I know iggy is the actual best defender but draymond is on the floor more and more versatile), also led the team in rebounds, and led the team in assists, plus is the vocal leader of the team.

Hes also been a defensive player of the year, and top 3 in voting for a few years.

The assists to me is what puts him above a rodman. Rodman was on the Pistons and Bulls to defend and rebound. Draymond is asked to defend, rebound, run the offense, lead the team, and occasionally hit 3s.

Plus Draymond already has real deep resume and his resume is gonna get deeper.

You make one hell of an argument....

PF is a crazy position though.

Like are Dirk, KG, Draymond, AD really the same position as Malone and Barkley?

And what about further down the evolution? Can you really list KP and others like him as the same position as the old PFs once they make a real splash in the league?

PF in about 10 years might have to be divided to before Dirk and KG and after Dirk and KG

Back