Welcome To aBlackWeb

Songs That Should Never Be Re-Made

So true she fucked that great song up in the worst way. Because its Beyonce folks act like that shit is a great rendition.

Patti LaBelle Love & Need and Want you & If Only you knew
Al Green Love & Happiness
Luther Vandross Superstar
Teddy P Turn off the Lights

KeKe Wyatt did pretty good remaking If Only U Knew tho.

Nigga you grown. You sounding to happy to be getting blue balls at the club

That remake is trash as fuck. She tried and failed. It's ok she'll be aight
define trash and failed

and lets not act like most late night rendezvous dont start out with blue balls at the club

dont do this

The old school Hip Hop group Funky 4+1 remade Before I Let Go.

Although two members left the group so they changed their name to The Funky Four

Edit.

Here's a remix that The Bomb Squad (Public Enemy & Ice Cube) made that mixed the Funky Four's version with the original and features MC Woody Wood.

It's pretty decent imo

define trash and failed

and lets not act like most late night rendezvous dont start out with blue balls at the club

dont do this

That's always your go to saying when someone don't like a song, nothing to do with the actual song

That's always your go to saying when someone don't like a song, nothing to do with the actual song
what's understood doesnt have to be explained

but dont reduce my post to the part you want to be persnickety about

i gave 3 items that i said are the essential things for a proper remake/rendition. If you disagree, then start there

define trash and failed

dont do this

You know what trash is. She failed at making a decent remake of the song. It really is just that simple.

You did this bragging on getting blue balls at the club not me.

i guess i have the unpopular opinion that anything can be redone if done right...

i mean every band in america plays music that isn't' theirs..even if it's just warming up or background music during a function.....

but if someone can grab the mic and cover that song nicely...i don't have an issue with it...

i've seen several cover bands, and heard several classic tracks redone on albums that were done amazingly....

they may not have been mass produced as a single, but they'll definitely have that shit on their album.... and if it's done well. i don't think it's a big issue

to use beyonce as an example, i love her the closer i get to you with luther...and im sure that's a song people feel should never be touched, but it was done nicely

Last edited:
The old school Hip Hop group Funky 4+1 remade Before I Let Go.

Although two members left the group so they changed their name to The Funky Four

Edit.

Here's a remix that The Bomb Squad (Public Enemy & Ice Cube) made that mixed the Funky Four's version with the original and features MC Woody Wood.

It's pretty decent imo

Anyway, back to the O/P.

Beyonce's version isn't terrible, but I'd be ok if I never heard it again.

Also, did anybody notice that there's an interpolation of Candy by Cameo in the chorus/bridge?

Beyonce's before I let go rendition is a great song

pays homage to the original

adds a bit of new school flavor

and introduces it to a newer audience

Checks the 3 biggest boxes for a proper remake

I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan..as a matter of fact, I'm not a fan of hers at all, but i would be lying if i said the song wasnt a good remake

I'll add the "nola bounce" beat does give it some extra likability with me, but while there are many terrible remakes or renditions of songs, this isnt one of em. But ya'll keep dancing with a pack of niggas reciting "where my dogs at" while im getting my dick grinded on by all the females who gonna run to the dancefloor at kickbacks and clubs this summer

deuces
i wouldn't call it a great song, but i like it, it sounds like a cookout mix...

i've heard dj mixes of that song that were wayyyyy worse than what beyonce did, and niggaz ain't stop dancing once... her shit sounds like her singing over a mix, and it sounds dope......maybe it shouldn't have been released as a single, but just throw it in a mix like they do with this shit

this shit goes in.....and people be rocking...

so you also hate when go-go or reggae does the exact same thing??

Horrible example.

It's about if the shit is good or not. Not that it was remade. If said person doesn't do a good job something can be said about that bad job same as if they did a great remake. They would deserve their congratulations for it.

come together is prolly one of the most passed down songs ever, like shit is not as uncommon as niggaz think......if you stretch outside of the set genres you listen to

Horrible example.

It's about if the shit is good or not. Not that it was remade. If said person doesn't do a good job something can be said about that bad job same as if they did a great remake. They would deserve their congratulations for it.
the question is if certain songs should be touched or not...

my original answer was i don't see an issues as long as it's good or not.

so the go -go example is not a horrible example....it's a perfect example, because my example is dependent on whether or not the shit is good

Yea Morgan already summed it up. I'm not saying all remakes are worse, there's a lot of remakes better than the OG, but the Beyonce joint aint one of em.
beyonce joint ain't bad, i just think people mad it's a single...

the shit sound like a mix to me....

come together is prolly one of the most passed down songs ever, like shit is not as uncommon as niggaz think......if you stretch outside of the set genres you listen to

The funny thing is all of the Beatles early songs were R& B covers

You know what trash is. She failed at making a decent remake of the song. It really is just that simple.

You did this bragging on getting blue balls at the club not me.
you have a weird way of describing a past time that has been enjoyed since both you and I were born, but, im not here for that

I know what trash is to me, and this song is not trash

but how i know ya'll just don't like her, is not one single person can tell me a reason outside of "its trash" as to why they dont like the song lol

its quite fascinating

Back