Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Social Sacrifices

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
How do others influence your relationships?

Could you date or be with someone who is socially unacceptable by society's standards or someone who your friends and family didn't approve of?

Could you be with someone who your friends or family considered weird, or a lame, or a bum, etc.?

What social sacrifices are you willing to make in the name of love?

if i am digging the person nothing else matters.

what is awkward when you think about it?
not conforming to what society thinks is cool or acceptable??

i rather have an outlier than someone who doesnt standout.

we all have something that different than others and something that makes us special and unique.
the problem is when you hide what makes you unique to please others or to not make them feel insecure.

dim my light for what?
for who?

I'd rather be wit someone who gets along wit my family. Damn a society.

If they deemed her to be lame, wack, or someone they feel isn't "cool" to their standards...then I could care less. That's not a valid reason for me to end things wit her.

Last edited:
Women have a tendency to like stupid shit..I do my best to encourage what stupid shit they enjoy. Last thing I want is for her to conform to my standard of being and become miserable. Shes no longer herself and no longer the person I wanted to date.

So dates, outings, and vacation selfies. Stupid social media challenges. Talking about a reality TV show. You know..stupid shit..ion call it stupid shit.

I be like "oh word...then wha?"

If you know me you know that's a hell of a sacrifice for me

I'd just stay away from everybody.

I never had an overwhelming need for acceptance. If you don't fuck with me or who I'm dating, I just won't be around you. Ever.

Last edited:
Interesting topic.

Too many people are NOT willing to make the social sacrifice to be with whoever the fuck they wanna be with. I personally would feel like a lame ass nigga letting other people dictate who I lay next to every night. You gotta be with whoever's company you enjoy and whoever you vibe with.

I done been with tomboys, big girls, models, white girls, hood chicks etc. At the end of the day, these nigga's opinions don't really matter. Them niggas ain't gotta deal with her. I do.

If you chose someone based on how they will be perceived and not your own sanity and compatability with said person then your are losing chose wisely

Before my wife I used to take to a big ass girl who I will admit I think my fiends would have made fun of... Do I just never bought her around.

It wasn't that I was ashamed, I just knew my crew was savages and I ain't feel like the drama.

She ended up popping up on me once at a party, and I grinded on her big ass the whole party like she was rhi-rhi no fucks given.

Everybody had jokes later, but my clap back was always vicious. Plus I think everyone knew I really ain't care.

We ended up calling it off cuz she low key broke my heart

Before my wife I used to take to a big ass girl who I will admit I think my fiends would have made fun of... Do I just never bought her around.

It wasn't that I was ashamed, I just knew my crew was savages and I ain't feel like the drama.

She ended up popping up on me once at a party, and I grinded on her big ass the whole party like she was rhi-rhi no fucks given.

Everybody had jokes later, but my clap back was always vicious. Plus I think everyone knew I really ain't care.

At first i read this as rhino and thought you was calling her a super rhino or something. I laughed. Re read it, then laughed again that my mind went there lol

xviZ93H.gif

(Denzel Voice)

Hurts?
View attachment 162352
Huh?...That's what you telling me..Huh? Hurts?

FOH
Nigga all the times you done split your guts....

Like everybody don't know your feels are hidden behind nonsensical 22 paragraph social observations...

We can tell there are tears behind those words...

Didn't I tell you last time....

"It's not your fault"

I dated a grip of strippers in the early 90's (91-94). Figured there was no way my mother was gonna approve so she never really met any of them except one. Shit, I don't even think my father, stepfather, stepmother, or grandmother would have approved either. The crew all met them 'cause I usually got the digits in the club with my crew right there.

One of them I was really feelin was this white broad that was a dead ringer for Dana Plato, but thicker with solid C-cups. When I met her I jokingly called her "Kimberly" only to find out that was her stage name when she danced in Miami briefly and that broke the ice. We had a solid ass connection too, vibe was always good with her. My crew met her 'cause the club she worked at was right across campus. She was Chicago born and raised, fucked with House, Detroit Techno, and Miami Bass heavy, swigged bourbon like a champ, and was just a down ass broad. We dated for like 6 months and it just kinda fizzled out but we stayed good friends for years. Moms wasn't feelin me messin with white broads and my Pro Black stepfather was damned sure not gonna approve, but my father and stepmoms I know wouldn't have cared about her being white.

My ex-fiancee was also a dancer and she started working at the same club as "Kimberly" about 6 months after we got into the "just friends" lane. These two are the chicks I spoke about in another thread that worked together and I said I made sure they knew who each other was and my relation to both. Anyways, my ex is, obviously, the one that met everybody in the family, but we never told them she was a dancer, we just told them about her day-job (in-home healthcare for the elderly). After our first break up I finally told my moms what she did for real and caught an earful from her. Still never told my pops or anyone else though I think my oldest sister found out from a few friends.

Dated a "holy roller" for a while too. Wasn't the best looking chick, but we had a really strong ass physical connection. Sex was off the hook with her and we genuinely had a good time together. But... Again, she wasn't up to the beauty standards of my previous women, didn't like me drinking or cussing, and was a preacher's daughter with a scripture for everything so with the exception of my roommate nobody in the crew ever got to meet her.

I spoke about Big Marcy a time or two, but... Yeah... About 6' tall, and prolly deep in the 300lbs range. We did actually date for a bit but I wasn't about to take her big ass home and only my dormmate at the time knew I was fuckin her. Nice chick, not bad looking in the face actually, a bit over possessive 'cause after it turned into a late-night creep thing she would get jealous of another dancer I was fuckin with that she saw leaving my dorm room. Never let her meet the folks.

Back