Welcome To aBlackWeb

So Tariq Nasheed Is Pro Trump Now?

Actually let me dial this back a bit. I don;t think we need to be so contentious in this discussion. We probably don't disagree more than we agree.

We all probably want the same results but we have different ideas of how to get there. I just feel like identifying what those results are is the first logical step.

Then we can fight amongst ourselves accordingly.

Look... I'm not a registered Democrat. If thats the guy you need to be arguing against to make your little points - that's not me. But I will say that Democrats have gone on the record supporting reparations in some form or another and Republicans have not. So what are we really talking about here?

I'm not talking to MLK right now I'm talking to you so grow some nuts and answer questions from your own perspective.
What are we really talking about??
We're talking about ending benign neglect.
We're talking about the Democrats catering to black Americans exclusively... because WE are their base. WE give them life.

And I actually don't have my own perspective per se. I am financially well off but i am also on code with my race. My race demands a black agenda for our vote so i support that, 1000% Several of yall have made it abundantly clear that you don't support that and will vote Democrat no matter how much they ignore our demands

Its very disheartening to see so many of our race not getting with the program and accepting the status quo

So when a reparations bill is introduced in the house of representatives... that's benign neglect?

At what point do you say you're too cynical to take part in a conversation about politics in good faith?

We're talking about the Democrats catering to black Americans exclusively... because WE are their base. WE give them life.

And I actually don't have my own perspective per se. I am financially well off but i am also on code with my race. My race demands a black agenda for our vote so i support that, 1000% Several of yall have made it abundantly clear that you don't support that and will vote Democrat no matter how much they ignore our demands

Its very disheartening to see so many of our race not getting with the program and accepting the status quo
Fam you the same nigga in that other thread shittin on kanye for his coon shit. Clearly you see entertaining trump is not the wave so why are you acting like us seeing through trump's bullshit is blind loyalty to democrats?

Fam you the same nigga in that other thread shittin on kanye for his coon shit. Clearly you see entertaining trump is not the wave so why are you acting like us seeing through trump's bullshit is blind loyalty to democrats?
lol.. you've seen my work huh..

But this stance has absolutely nothing to do with trump. Nobody is advocating for him obviously. I think its pitiful that in 2020 black people are reduced to voting for "anyone but trump" opposed to voting for the dem candidate that prioritizes its base the most.. that's political extortion

Why is the onus on black ppl to keep trump from winning? Why is that OUR responsibility? The onus is on the dems to respect their voting block enough to beat him. They work for us, not the other way around

The black vote has value. Let's act like it

But have you actually expounded on that agenda besides shouting "reparations"? Have you gone into how that should be doled out? What things should be implemented to ensure that black folks get the most out of reparations? What programs would need to be started and funded to ensure we get maximum benefits? Or are you just shouting "reparations" with no real actual plan? Because that's what alot of you are doing and when others say "Ok...and then what else" because you have no actual plan you see that as push back

Its been answered several times

A President cannot run on one single issue. Because there are over 300 million people in this country with a spectrum of nuanced perspectives; belonging to a combination of dozens of demographic groups; each affected by a myriad of systematic issues.

Should we forcefully promote issues (plural) that are important to our community!

OF COURSE!

Issues that come to mind include the surgical execution of criminal justice reform - eliminating disparities in the black community; the addressing of illegal police violence against the black community; and strategically applied reparations.

But I would also argue that most of the important issues today are intersectional; and they don’t explicitly have the words “Only for Black People” listed on their legislation.

But that doesn’t mean that addressing these larger issues does not vastly improve the lives of black people; often disproportionately so.
All of them actually improve the lives of black people significantly MORE than the issue of reparations.

Are you willing to deny all benefits to the black community unless the come in the form of reparations?

Last edited:
A President cannot run on one single issue. Because their are over 300 million people in this country with a spectrum of nuanced perspectives; belonging to a combination of dozens of demographic groups; each affected by a myriad of systematic issues.

Should we forcefully promote issues (plural) that are important to our community!

OF COURSE!

Issues that come to mind include the surgical execution of criminal justice reform - eliminating disparities in the black community; the addressing of illegal police violence against the black community; and strategically applied reparations.

But I would also argue that most of the important issues today are intersectional; and they don’t explicitly have the words “Only for Black People” listed on their legislation.

But that doesn’t mean that addressing these larger issues does not vastly improve the lives of black people; often disproportionately so.

All of them actually improve the lives of black people significantly MORE than the issue of reparations.

Are you willing to deny all benefits to the black community unless the come in the form of reparations?

This is some aren't getting. The intersectional aspect of things which I went into a bit earlier.

You'll need to show me, where in what post of mine, you got all this from.
What contradiction did I make?
What are these nuances I was glib about?
Who have I dismissed?
And what degrees of oppression have I ignored?

Ok fam. You tell me what you meant by this statement.

All of those problems you mentioned have existed, exist, and will exist regardless of who's in office.

A President cannot run on one single issue. Because there are over 300 million people in this country with a spectrum of nuanced perspectives; belonging to a combination of dozens of demographic groups; each affected by a myriad of systematic issues.

OF COURSE!

But have you actually expounded on that agenda besides shouting "reparations"? Have you gone into how that should be doled out? What things should be implemented to ensure that black folks get the most out of reparations? What programs would need to be started and funded to ensure we get maximum benefits? Or are you just shouting "reparations" with no real actual plan? Because that's what alot of you are doing and when others say "Ok...and then what else" because you have no actual plan you see that as push back
Saying "ok what else" is moving the goalpost. Recieving an owed debt is not contingent on how we spend it

Saying "ok what else" is moving the goalpost. Recieving an owed debt is not contingent on how we spend it

Of course it isn’t.

You looking from the perspective of the group who owes us the debt.

I’m looking from the perspective of the black community receiving the debt paid.

I’d prefer it not to be wasted... That actually hurts us in the long run.

Also - you quoted me but didn’t address anything I said in my post

Of course it isn’t.

You looking from the perspective of the group who owes us the debt.

I’m looking from the perspective of the black community receiving the debt paid.

I’d prefer it not to be wasted... That actually hurts us in the long run.

Also - you quoted me but didn’t address anything I said in my post
It won't be wasted but we'll cross that bridge when we get there..

You're talking intersectionality, Im talking exclusivity. You said the most important issues are intersectional which implies we need to be tethered to other groups

It won't be wasted but we'll cross that bridge when we get there..

You're talking intersectionality, Im talking exclusivity. You said the most important issues are intersectional which implies we need to be tethered to other groups

No as in different groups that exist within black people.

Ok fam. You tell me what you meant by this statement.

I meant exactly what I posted.
You're assuming I was being glib or ignoring oppression, but that is not the case.
I acknowledged the issues you mentioned, they exist regardless of who's in office.
While trying to solve those issues, we can seek reparations as a tangible solution as well.

While trying to solve those issues, we can seek reparations as a tangible solution as well.

The bolded is the position I hold.

If that is your actual position, we have no argument.

I don’t know if you recognize it, but that is not the position represented in this thread by yourself and many others.

That position is best summed up as:

“If we don’t get reparations dispersesed immediately, regardless of the form they take - we will withold our vote even if it means the re-election Donald Trump.

In other words, all other issues effectively don’t matter - even if they actually do.

Last edited:
Back