Welcome To aBlackWeb

So no thread about the nail salon beating in brooklyn?

Swing by any beauty school anywhere in the country and there's no shortage of sistas walking through those doors.

Where are they when they graduate?

Re-Re's basement. Pookie and 'nem's front porch. In their own front room.

We need nail salons run by us. We already have plenty of us that have the skills necessary, they just need a proper place of business to work out of. We need Black women to patronize those establishments. We need the people working there to do quality work at a fair price and the customers need to pay for that service without expecting "the hook up", as has been said earlier. And we need to spread the word about those establishments to drive customers there and ultimately our communities will be better for it.

Only then will the money from these types of services stop leaving our communities and have people in our communities that have little to no respect for us will be driven out.

the issue is getting business loans to open these places or having the resources to start them on your own

THEN you need support....and like its been mentioned here, black folks aint really gone fuck w/ you if you dont have lower prices and serve free drinks

they gone swear you gettin over or your products arent up to par

and in my city, any owner of a black business has to be popular in the streets first....if the hood didnt already fuck w/ you and you're not popular or cool to be associated with, they shut it out.....but if you got ties they'll have you on the radio, doing barbeques and fundraisers and all type of shit

We think the white man ice is colder

I think thats in part to the establishment being "nicer".....all in a pretty shopping center and shit.....bright ass lighting, fresh paint, new tile

starting out, our people will get a raggedy little building, the chairs aint gone be brand new, might not be no tv's and shit at first, etc

this goes back to the LOANS....no way around that

for some reason, i just cant get with IG, but i said i was going to start highlighting pleasurable experiences with people of color

I just get too lazy

it aint like i got a ton of followers anyway, but me at least putting that out there is one way i can support

the issue is getting business loans to open these places or having the resources to start them on your own

THEN you need support....and like its been mentioned here, black folks aint really gone fuck w/ you if you dont have lower prices and serve free drinks

they gone swear you gettin over or your products arent up to par

and in my city, any owner of a black business has to be popular in the streets first....if the hood didnt already fuck w/ you and you're not popular or cool to be associated with, they shut it out.....but if you got ties they'll have you on the radio, doing barbeques and fundraisers and all type of shit

We don't always need loans to start a business, that's a myth that needs to die. I've seen whole beauty shops in niggas basements with chairs, wash/dry stations, nail stations, equipment sanitizers, the whole nine AND employees. But that's in someone's basement, not a storefront business location. Take some of that money and get a fuckin legit business location. Depending on the city rent for a shop shouldn't be too bad and your foot traffic should increase significantly which will only add to your bottom line.

But, it also means you have to operate like a legit business, and that means insurance, making sure your employees are paid by check and properly taxed, etc and that's a hassle a lot of folks just ain't trying to have.

exactly koncept lol....all that shit takes money.....a whole lotta money if you want a decent rent property

without loans, most people would be swallowed by the 2nd months rent payment

you dont always NEED loans to start a business.....but to start a completely legit business with all new shit and in a decent area?

shits gotta come from somewhere

no coon, but this what yall defending ? everyone wrong here, but them ratchets started throwing blows first, but on the flip side ming ling on the back already had a broom ready

no coon, but this what yall defending ? everyone wrong here, but them ratchets started throwing blows first, but on the flip side ming ling on the back already had a broom ready

From what I saw, the Asian lady approached and shoved her first.

business side of banking is racist, they will give a asian family a business loan that just came from japan/china that barely speaks english before they will give shaniqua with good credit that has been here her whole life.

business side of banking is racist, they will give a asian family a business loan that just came from japan/china that barely speaks english before they will give shaniqua with good credit that has been here her whole life.

naw dawg, they got their own banks here on US soil. They still gettin their money from their own people.

exactly koncept lol....all that shit takes money.....a whole lotta money if you want a decent rent property

without loans, most people would be swallowed by the 2nd months rent payment

you dont always NEED loans to start a business.....but to start a completely legit business with all new shit and in a decent area?

shits gotta come from somewhere
so now niggas dont know a local dealer who want to clean money?

yet, everyone is connected

Bruh...this just some shit that happen one day. Ion know why niggaz taking this shit personal, like they mama caught the rod to the head.

Back