Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Sneakerheads: RE-Build your collection

It's not 2001 outchea fam, Jordan's aren't even the IT hype shoe anymore.

There's too many other hypebeast shoes for niggas to ONLY know Jordan's. I do agree It was like that back in the day tho.

I consider myself an old school hypebeast cuz I've been coppin Jay's since the 90s before being a hypebeast was a thing. I've seen the whole sneaker game take shape. The only reason I would consider myself a hypebeast is cuz I do cop most of the hyped shoes (if I like em) but I always wore different brands of kicks too.

New balances are a DC shoe. Them and foams, but that's a whole different conversation.
I fuck with the underlined... OG with Hyped Intentions

To me a nigga who doesn't get ANY hype shoe cant be a sneakerhead.

I'll use AP's hiphop analogy which fits perfectly for me cuz that's how I view the sneaker game. I'm a super duper hiphop head, my favorite rappers are mainstream rappers [hyped shoes] but i listen to everything from every region.

If a nigga only listens to underground you're not a hiphop head.

I'll use AP's hiphop analogy which fits perfectly for me cuz that's how I view the sneaker game. I'm a super duper hiphop head, my favorite rappers are mainstream rappers [hyped shoes] but i listen to everything from every region.

Context sir

I said a real sneaker head imo knows about the mainstream stuff but also can find the gems and the lesser hyped shoes

If all you buy are hyped shoes then you are a hypebeast and there are hundreds of jump man blogs and YouTube channels that don't cover any other shoe outside of Jordan brand

Context sir

I said a real sneaker head imo knows about the mainstream stuff but also can find the gems and the lesser hyped shoes

If all you buy are hyped shoes then you are a hypebeast and there are hundreds of jump man blogs and YouTube channels that don't cover any other shoe outside of Jordan brand

Hundreds? Nah, maybe 2 or 3.

My point is, it's not 2001 fam. You could apply that logic back then cuz it was mainly Jordan's.

Now there's yeezys, nmds, FOGs, off whites, travis Scott's, etc. Compare that to a nigga who only wears new balances and sauconys, who's the real sneakerhead?

And I'm mad I'm defending these new school hypebeast but I'm big on logic. It's a different day and age now. You'll be hard pressed to find a nigga who only k ow about Jordan's.

This I cant completely agree with... because "hypebeast" is just newer age terminology.
Sneakerheads sole purpose is to buy sneakers whether it be vintage, QS, regional QS, exclusives and so on; you get my drift...

SO if its all Js thats fine but I do like how @AP21 eluded to Jordan Connissuer.
Me personally ..you only saw a nike, timberland or jordan on my foot..yet in its early adaptation I was a sneaker head..I think we get a bit shuffled when the labels are thrown at us bc all in all we are ALL defined as SNEAKER COLLECTORS

Hundreds? Nah, maybe 2 or 3.

My point is, it's not 2001 fam. You could apply that logic back then cuz it was mainly Jordan's.

Now there's yeezys, nmds, FOGs, off whites, travis Scott's, etc. Compare that to a nigga who only wears new balances and sauconys, who's the real sneakerhead?

And I'm mad I'm defending these new school hypebeast but I'm big on logic. It's a different day and age now. You'll be hard pressed to find a nigga who only k ow about Jordan's.
this is the disonnect

if a dude is only wearing those, then he;s not a sneakerhead

i'll try this again

i'll compare sneakerheads to crate diggers in hip hop

everyone knows the classic record samples, but the crate diggers know these, use these on occasion AND they find the gems that not most people would find on their own

This I cant completely agree with... because "hypebeast" is just newer age terminology.
Sneakerheads sole purpose is to buy sneakers whether it be vintage, QS, regional QS, exclusives and so on; you get my drift...

SO if its all Js thats fine but I do like how @AP21 eluded to Jordan Connissuer.
Me personally ..you only saw a nike, timberland or jordan on my foot..yet in its early adaptation I was a sneaker head..I think we get a bit shuffled when the labels are thrown at us bc all in all we are ALL defined as SNEAKER COLLECTORS

But why when it's a nigga who only wears jordan it's a Jordan connoisseur but if it's a nigga who cops only vintage it's not a vintage connoisseur?

It goes back to my hiphop analogy, you cant be a hiphop head and completely disregard mainstream hiphop. You cant be a sneakerhead and completely disregard popular shoes.

I dropped everything from uptempo to new balances in this thread, I got videos with the yeezys in 2011, I'm not new to this, but I cant let a nigga who only wears 1 style of sneakers shit on niggas who wear one style of sneakers lol

this is the disonnect

if a dude is only wearing those, then he;s not a sneakerhead

i'll try this again

i'll compare sneakerheads to crate diggers in hip hop

everyone knows the classic record samples, but the crate diggers know these, use these on occasion AND they find the gems that not most people would find on their own

Cratediggers HAVE mainstream albums tho. You're not a cratedigger if you've never had a pac album, you never had a nas album, etc.

But why when it's a nigga who only wears jordan it's a Jordan connoisseur but if it's a nigga who cops only vintage it's not a vintage connoisseur?

It goes back to my hiphop analogy, you cant be a hiphop head and completely disregard mainstream hiphop. You cant be a sneakerhead and completely disregard popular shoes.

I dropped everything from uptempo to new balances in this thread, I got videos with the yeezys in 2011, I'm not new to this, but I cant let a nigga who only wears 1 style of sneakers shit on niggas who wear one style of sneakers lol

I think its all about the recognization..Jordan buyers are more popular than a common Vintage buyer...
Lets say the Sneaker head buys the shoe when its least poplar but its a hype shoe? what do u define them as at that point? beside cheap lol

No one is doubting your credibility..I see your posts.
LOL you know @AP21 loves these exchanges lol ... I think its funny bc I dont see yall exchange this as much.

Back