Welcome To aBlackWeb

Snatched : An Original Short Story by Dupacalypse Now!

Duwop

Savage Garden ⬛
Mod Squad
Whassup family.

Quick intro as to what it is I'm doing.

2017 I've decided to take a personal hobby of mines and share it with my online family. I've been posting online for some years, and I've become well very known for posting really vivid and descriptive stories from my very animated life.

Often times people would come at me in utter disbelief that some of these stories were true. The fact is they all were very true. However I do have a knack for embellishment, and I love to really place people inside of my head when I tell these tales. I've always used lots of imagery, and have done my best to transfer any emotions that may have been felt.

Long story short. I'm a good story teller. And the problem with telling true stories, is after a while, you run out of shit to talk about. However, I've always been blessed with an over active imagination. I am constantly reading. And I have lived one of the craziest lives that a person who had never been in any major trouble could have possibly lived. Combine all that with the fact that i can talk (or write) all day long..I discovered that I may or may not have a future with being a serious writer.

In November 2015 I lost a very important person to me. And one of my ways of coping with stressful times is I just zone out and get lost in my own thoughts. Which means my imagination. And my imagination is an amazing place. There's always something going on in there. And whenever I decide to bring something out of it, I can just go.

I mean really go. Last year I constructed a story that was over 50,000 words. That's the average length of a novel. And This was the first time I've ever really attempted something of that magnitude. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, but I did it.

And I just didn't know where to go with it. I have no delusions of grandeur. I'm not a wealthy man by any stretch of the imagination. Check to Check, struggling with credit. working 2 jobs. Taking care of a wife and a Kid. That's my reality. I've had people tell me "Oh D all you gotta do is invest in your self, like $500 and you can get this printed and edited and......." Naw bruh I'm stuck on the $500. That shit might as well be $1 million bruh. If my shit ain't good enough for niggaz to pay me, then the shit just ain't that good. I ain't missing no bills to chase a dream, off of absolutely any evidence that I'm even good.

That could be looked at as Self doubt. But I called it being realistic. So I just sat on it. I let a few friends read it. @Cain was one of the first. He always said it was good. But For those who don't know, Cain is damn near fam. He's in the same group as the other few people who read it. Good friends who want to encourage someone they care about who seems to have a true talent. I continued to sit on it.

Fast forward to late 2016. About a month ago to be exact. There was a "promote your content" thread on a popular message board that I currently frequent, and I got the bright idea to share my writing. I mean I was sure people were going to be sharing music they were't selling. Blogs, or youtube pages they did as a hobby. We're all amateurs, just trying to show people what we have a passion for. So i decided to do the same.

"Frantic" : An original work by Dupacavelli the Gawd

And it was crazy. The streets loved it. Probably one of the most amazing things I've ever was a part of online. The feed back was almost overwhelmingly positive and constructive. I know the environment of the site my story was posted on is to uplift and encourage our community. But I wasn't expecting this. I was just sure no one would read. I was sure they would find it dry. I saw the Brian Griffin "Faster than the Speed of Love" jokes, and I damn sure laughed. However it seems that my story, was no joke. If there was anyone who didn't like it, they kept that opinion to themselves. I would have loved to hear from someone who didn't like it or wanted to critique my style. But as it went, no one went there.

The feedback was so positive that I instantly felt encouraged to start writing again. Within a few days I had already constructed another short story with a tone so much more mature than my first piece. I almost scared myself. I looked at it for a few days, skimming back through just shaking my head truly wondering where this thing gonna go.

Well while I figure out where I belong in the universe, I know exactly where I'm at right now.

I'm standing before an audience that appreciates what I have to share with them.

So I'm going to continue to share. I know yall wanna see me be paid.

But I want yall to be entertained. And since I can write faster than yall can pay me, I'll continue to do what I love and if there is anything bigger for me in the future. it knows where to find me.

So as of right now it's 1 pm. I'm currently re reading and editing the first part of a short story that I hope blows every one away just as much if not more than Frantic did.

I present to you: Snatched

GoFundMe Link For Book: https://www.gofundme.com/wtca3h5c-dus-book-publishing-fund

Last edited by a moderator:
“Man, let’s just kidnap the bitch”

“Right now?”

“Yeaaaa…..right now….”

“Fuck you mean right now?...like right now, right now?”

“Nigga I’m talking about pulling out the straps right now. I’m talking grabbing the bitch up right now. I’m talking throwing the bitch in the trunk right here, right now and get low my nigga. That’s what I’m talking.”

Jeff slid back in his seat. The idea was just being presented to him, but he had to give the benefit of the doubt that his older brother had some sort of plan.

“And do what?” Jeff asked

“You really think that nigga gonna pay up? Shorty a thot. That shit common knowledge Shy” Jeff reasoned. He then continued “Niggaz been joking homie needa get a blood test when the kid come out. Fuck around not even be his shit in her belly”

An agitated and anxious Shy snapped back “Nigga you scared or something? All these excuses n shit. Like you never snatched up a bitch before. Da Fuck? You gotta conscious all of a sudden nigga?”

“Scared?” Jeff questioned “Man I’m just trying to think this shit through before just grabbing a bitch up that we might not even get any money for. You know how foul that nigga Rico is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was plotting to snatch the bitch up and throw her in the woods his damn self. We fuck around and be doing that nigga a favor. You know what I mean?”

Shy was rubbing his hands. Once he set his sights on a move this spontaneous, he knew from experience it’s best to just go through with it. He’d have time to put together some smart shit later. The important thing was the shot was here, and he knew he could take it. He just had to convince Jeff.

The way Shy saw it, the second he saw Rico Thurman’s baby mother walking in Chuck E Cheese’s like her baby daddy wasn’t one of the most well-known bosses on the Westside, she essentially kidnapped herself. He forgot all about his 6 Year old nephew’s birthday party. This took immediate precedence.

Jeff was making some good points. Rico was a pretty cold man. Shy never thought for a second that Rico would be in his feelings about his baby mother being snatched, but it would have to place him at some kind of disadvantage.

“Man I’m just saying” Shy started back in “Rico might not give a fuck about the bitch herself, but he care about what the streets think. Nigga like him can’t have motherfuckers thinking he soft. Like he that nigga who can just get took. Something like this could play dude all out of position”

“So what?” Jeff maintained “Rico being played outta position don’t do shit for us. Unless you think you can get some money outta it. You think he’d put up a 100k for the bitch? Quarter mill?? Is that what you going for?” He continued to ask his brother

“Man I just wanna see how the homie gonna react” Shy came back “We can figure out a plan later when niggaz see how dude moves. He might start putting up money for a reward. He might start knocking heads. But either way he gotta do something. We can play off whatever that shit is. You the smart one, I’m sure you can figure it out”

“But you said it yourself” Jeff countered “He might start knocking heads. Rico some across as the kinda dude who gonna wanna make an example outta whoever step to him. You volunteering yourself to be made an example out of?” Jeff asked his brother.

This question was not proposed out of fear, but this was something Shy needed to consider fully before making this serious of a move. The blowback from this could be far greater than Jeff thought Shy was giving it.

“Look man” Shy seemed to be growing impatient “You know how I get down. If I saw a nigga walking through this spot right now with 50 -60k on ‘em. I’m taking that. I don’t care who it is. But niggaz ain’t that reckless with their money. Niggaz keep their money locked up. But they let their bitches walk free?” Shy tilted his head to the side “You feel where I’m going? I don’t know where that million dollar nigga keep his stash at, but I’m looking at his pregnant bitch not even 100 yards from me. I feel like until I get my hands on some real dough, this good enough”

Jeff couldn’t argue with the logic.

Shy continued “Look at it like this. Ain’t too many ways this can play out where we don’t get a come up. If we can get the nigga to pay, we good. If he don’t pay we can drop the bitch off outta state somewhere. She ain’t gotta get hurt. But how that make him look? Baby’s mom getting snatched up? Held hostage? Make that nigga look like he the one to steal on. And you know what that mean” Shy suggested

“Open season” Jeff agreed “Nigga like Rico show his skirt, everybody gonna start taking him light”

“Exactly” Shy said “Nigga you know how easy it’s gonna be to start lining his peoples up… Niggaz ain’t gonna have no faith in dudes gangster. All his shit gonna be up for grabs, and you know niggaz like us always eat in those situations”

“One corner beefing with another corner, we rob a nigga and they blaming the niggaz they beefing with” Jeff admitted nodding his head seeing the sense that Shy was making.

“But why Rico though? What you got against that nigga” Jeff asked his brother

Shy looked at him confused “Nuffin man, his bitch just walked in the wrong Chuck E Cheese’s”

“Yea this shit is crazy though. I ain’t even think bitches came out here like this. They everywhere” Jeff was saying to his brother

“Nigga I already got a couple numbers. I tried to tell you how the shit be last month when I was at Keisha little girl’s party at the one out Oakview” Shy told his cousin while laughing

“I thought you just said that where you saw the bitch Tonya at, I ain’t know it was like this” Jeff replied

“Yea man it be jumping in Chuck E Cheese’s. All these single mothers in here with their kids n shit. They see some nigga in here being a good father. Panties instantly wet as a bitch. Matter fact I’ll be right back” Shy said as he excused himself.

Shy was walking around the Chuck E Cheese. He was navigating his way around excited children who were running back and forth between the party and gaming areas. He was also making mental note of the cameras and exits in relation to them. He saw where there might have been blind spots, and areas to clearly avoid. He also walked closer to his potential prey. They were setting a party for what looked like a little girl. Shy couldn’t help but to notice one of the women in the party who was wearing some very tight green shorts.

Shy sparked up a conversation and found out her name was Joy. Joy was a 2nd year student at the community college. Not quite 21 yet but Shy didn’t care. Shy was in his 30’s. Even though he was still relatively young he lost the capacity for love many cold years ago. All his interactions with females at this point were entirely physical. While he was in conversation with Joy he noticed his brother also scoping the place out.

When Jeff disappeared for a few seconds Shy felt his phone vibrate. He excused himself from Joy for a second and looked at the text message from Jeff

“Come outside to smoke”

“Aye sweetheart I’ll be right back” Shy smiled as he went outside

When he opened the door his brother was smoking a cigarette. Shy walked over and Jeff offered him one.

“IIght it’s like this” Jeff said

“I’m listening” responded Shy

“The bitch pregnant. Pregnant bitches go to the bathroom like twice an hour every hour.” He paused to take a deep pull of nicotine “When she goes to the bathroom, you come outside, get your car, and pull up right out back by the dumpsters. I’ll be out there with the bitch. All you gotta do is pop your trunk. I’ll throw her in that bitch and we outta here. By the time anyone even notice she gone, we’ll be on the highway on our way out the state” Jeff explained

“See? That’s why I fucks with you. Fucking genius my nigga. Fucking genius” Shy laughed to his brother.

And it was true. There was no way this could go wrong. Jeff was smart enough to keep his head down. And he always had a gun on him. If anyone even tried to do something Shy had full confidence Jeff could handle that shit with no problems. Shy could barely contain himself as he went back inside to continue his conversation with Joy.

Shy didn’t even feel guilty. Here he was talking to this girl, and plotting on her pregnant cousin at the same time. The thrill of it all excited him. He had a wide smile on his face that Joy mistook for interest in her. She had no clue what was really going on. When Joy’s cousin Shanae started feeling the pressure of the baby on her bladder, she realized she might as well go now instead of trying to hold it. Joy just smiled at her with no clue that would be the last time she saw her that day. She didn’t even find it odd that Shy had to abruptly leave the party the same time Shanae went to the bathroom. She just shrugged and went back to playing with the kids.

Even walking was starting to become a chore for Shanae. It took her 3 tries to get out of her seat. And trying to see the ground was next to impossible at this point. She just hoped she didn’t step on anyone’s child. Shanae was wondering how clean these bathrooms would be. She was also kicking herself for not bringing Lysol wipes. These things were minor thoughts compared to what she ran into in the following seconds.

Shanae was face to face with barrel of a handgun. Her mind went completely blank and nothing else in the world seemed to be there but the small black hole she was now looking down. She didn’t feel her bladder release as urine ran down her leg. All she felt was the cold steel against her face. She didn’t hear the instructions that were directing her out of the emergency exit by the bathrooms into the alley. She just knew she was moving somewhere. And she barely realized that she was being stuffed into the dark trunk of a car. It wasn’t until the lid closed and the gun was no longer in her face that her mind was allowed to process anything else other than disabling fear.

She began to take deep breaths trying desperately struggling to refill her lungs with air. Her chest felt completely empty. It was then that another feeling hit her. She began to feel the weight and pressure, and presence again of the life growing inside her. She instinctively grabbed her stomach apologizing to her unborn child. She knew it was her fault. She had tried to tell Rico so many times. She curled her body into her stomach and began to weep silently.

Shanae had told Rico she never felt safe. She told him that she could tell that people were always watching her. He called her paranoid, but she knew what she sensed. Guys looked at you one way when they were interested in you. But the way they looked at her wasn’t interest. At least not in her. But more who she ‘belonged’ to.

“What if someone does some crazy shit to me just to get back at you?” She once asked him “Would you even care about that shit?

But Rico just smiled. He hated her. She knew it. That smile hurt. Not just because he hated her, but because that meant he hated her baby too. He never hesitated to bring up that one mistake she made. To throw it in her face. He couldn’t hit her for it anymore. Not after the last time. She told him that if he hit a pregnant woman he’d get an attempt murder charge on the unborn child. She had no idea if that was true. But it saved her from another black eye or busted lip.

But it didn’t save her from the verbal abuse. Not from the emotional abuse. Rico wouldn’t care she was gone. He might even be happy. There would be no ransom money. Shanae continued to cry. She didn’t know if she would live to see the end of the day. She didn’t know anything anymore. She just cried. She cried and she prayed.

“Nothing makes you pray like almost dying” Was tattooed horizontally on her right side going from her back to right under her breast. It was something her grandfather used to say. She always liked the way it sounded.

She never forgot it.

And she never stopped praying.

Everything from the attention to detail to the character development is a-1 my nigga. Just by reading those few paragraphs I already feel like I know the characters and grew up with them , partially because it's very relatable and I know mfs just like that. Good shit my nigga.

Gonna sticky this thread.

Made a GofundMe for the homie Du' book publishing. I started it off with $50, once it hits $450 I'll add the last $50. Even if you only have $5 bucks to spare, anything will help. The purpose of this site is for us to network and help eachother get to where we need to go.

https://www.gofundme.com/wtca3h5c-dus-book-publishing-fund

*Used somebody else's name cuz some of yall mfs stalk and weird af*

Made a GofundMe for the homie Du' book publishing. I started it off with $50, once it hits $450 I'll add the last $50. Even if you only have $5 bucks to spare, anything will help. The purpose of this site is for us to network and help eachother get to where we need to go.

https://www.gofundme.com/wtca3h5c-dus-book-publishing-fund

*Used somebody else's name cuz some of yall mfs stalk and weird af*
Ayooooooooo

Wow bruh, wow that's.....crazy...holy shit.....

I don't even....Shit man thanks.....wow.......just

Wow, thanks

Oh and i will try donating whatever few dollars i have left to your publishing gofundme. If you succeed and stuff Im going to start writing more seriously then take over the writing world like the motherfuckin mob.

Been super busy at work today. Didn't get much done but I'm bout to drop it. I'll try to finish up some more before leaving today. but i'm supposed to meet with some tech's in a little...so we'll see...

The first time Rico saw Struggles, Struggles was a quiet and very sad looking 8 year old kid sitting off in the corner of a neighborhood trap house. Rico himself was only 18 at the time. He did think it was weird that this little kid was in a place like this, but he didn’t have time to think on it. He was just checking in for a second, and had to get back out on the block.

It was weird though. Was he someone’s little brother? Someone’s kid? Rico was a drug dealer, and knew he was the last person to judge anyone. But even he knew that this was no environment for a little kid. On his way out the door Rico just shook his head. “Cold world” he thought to himself.

Later that evening When Rico got back to the same house. It was packed and moving with the kind of scene he was used to. The entire house was covered in thick smoke coming from various drugs. Weed and cigarettes were never the only things being smoked. There was something for everyone here.

A dice game going on in the kitchen. Rico gave out daps and half hugs as he made his way to the kitchen sink. As normal it was filled with ice and drinks. Rico grabbed 2 beers and a bottle of Jack Daniels. No one would dare say anything to the large teenager about grabbing an entire bottle. Even at 18 Rico was something like an OG in his neighborhood. The stigma about black males not making it see their 18th birthday rang very true amongst this group.

Upstairs in the bed room areas about 5 girls from the neighborhood were split up between 2 rooms and 12 guys. The line was coming down the stairs. Rico was thinking if he should skip the line and make sure he was getting in next when something distracted him.

He wasn’t sure at first, so he took a few steps into the living room area to make sure. On one couch there was a drugged up couple quietly enjoying each other in the dark. But on the love seat, was that same 8year old boy from earlier. He was laying there with a blanket watching cartoons.

The whole house was full of drugs, sex, alcohol, loud music and all types of shit. Who’s fucking kid was this? Rico wasn’t exactly angry, but he had to know. He began asking around, but no one else seemed to know either. Everybody figured somebody would come back looking for the kid eventually. No one just leaves a kid at a place like this. Somebody gotta come back.

But no one ever did.

After a few days, Rico and the other dope boys got together and got the kid some videogames to play. A few of the older heads brought the kid some fresh clothes after a week. No one knows exactly when they started calling the kid Struggles, but the name fit so perfectly no one ever challenged it.

At 8 years old there wasn’t much a kid like Struggles could do on the streets outside of being a lookout. But as the years passed, he ventured deeper and deeper as the streets were his only way of life.

By the time he was 13 Struggles had developed quite a sense of humor and displayed it through rapping. Whenever he was outside he’d be keeping everyone entertained by freestyling their names into popular songs and replacing all the punchlines with drug and money references.

It was fortunate thing for Struggles that he could rap so well, because he was horrible at everything else. He often messed up the count, and would forget where he stashed pills. He was very skinny, and impossibly weak. It was like he never completely went through puberty. The name Struggles fit him in many ways.

Struggles’ struggles hit an all-time high one summer when he was 15. Stick up boys attempted to rob Struggles while he was at an Ice-cream truck. Struggles fought the would-be robbers back and was able to get to his gun. The sight of the weapon made the stick up boys flee immediately, but Struggles fired at them anyway. His aim was horrible. He didn’t hit either stick up boy, but he did graze an elderly woman and kill a 6 year old little girl.

The heat from the shooting was massive. Struggles had no legal guardians, no legal name, no legal anything. The pressure to turn him was massive. Rico decided to intervene when he started to hear that there were several attempts on Struggles life. At the time he was staying with different homies around the way, and was sure any day would be his last.

Rico was only 25 at the time, but he was well established and had a nice house away from the hood. He put Struggles out there and built a studio to focus on Struggles rap career.

That was many years ago. These days Struggles made as much with rap as Rico made with drugs. The father/son relationship they had almost required that Rico be seen in all of Struggles music videos. This wasn’t a requirement they placed on each other. It was just something that was expected. In the rap business it’s important to guys like Struggles to have as many notable gangsters in their videos as possible. The bigger the better. And it didn’t get much bigger than Rico. Not to mention Struggles mentioned the 2100 block of Pearlview in almost every song. Rico had a rep to maintain.

And his rep was really being tested lately. It was 2 weeks since Rico’s baby mother Shanae was snatched out of a Chuck E Cheese during a kid’s birthday party. A very bloody 2 weeks. Rico immediately suspected a crew that operated other side of Pearlview Ave in small apartment complex called “the pit”. The shake down was hard, but no one knew anything. They were likely telling the truth but Rico had 6 of them killed over the next few days regardless. He wanted people scared. And it was working.

He got a phone call asking for 50K to be brought by Rico personally for a trade off in a mall parking lot. The arrangement was he was supposed to bring the money to an unidentified car where his girl was inside along with a man who would shoot her if he saw any one other than Rico approach. Rico was supposed to ride the local bus to the mall, get off and walk through the parking lot until the driver flashed their lights at him.

Rico had people set up all over the parking lot. The second the driver flashed his lights he had 12 different sets of eyes on them, all closing in. Rico dropped the bag as instructed and walked towards the car. The car door opened and the Driver kicked out a woman with a bag over her head, and sped to where Rico dropped the bag. Only the girl kicked out of the car wasn’t Shanae. It didn’t matter because there was no money in the bag. Both the driver and the fake Shanae were killed and left in the parking lot.

This put a lot of speculation on whether Rico would finally miss one of Struggles music videos that was being shot this week. They had done a few shots at a night club the previous evening, but wanted to conclude outside of the old trap house Struggles spent much of his youth. This was Rico’s old neighborhood and everyone who could make it was going out of their way to be included in a shot or two. Ash was there, Isaiah, Wayne, TJ, Filthy, Moon and of course Rico. Rico truly looked at Struggles as his son, and even though everyone else was speculating, he had no intention of missing the shoot. Rico was a Pearlview OG. He had warrants. He had open cases. He had several ongoing beefs. Rico feared none of it.

After about an hour into the video shoot, Rico’s phone started buzzing. He silenced it, and a second later it started right back up. Eventually he went to answer it. It was Nae’s sister Tisha. Tisha got on Rico’s nerves, but she never said anything to Nae about her affair with Rico. For that she was still good.

“Fuck you blowing my phone up for? I’m busy” Rico answered after walking off so no one could hear his conversation

“OH I’m sorry, it’s important though, should I call back?” Tisha responded

“Naw, go head” Rico told her. The music in the background was starting up again and Stuggles trade mark “It’s chowtime bitches!!” was pumping loudly out of the speakers on site .

“Oh my God is that my boo Struggles?” Tisha asked “Tell him I said ‘Hi’” She squealed

“TISHA!” Rico based “You got something important?” He reminded her

“Oh yea, they found Nae, Rico”

“They what! Where she at!” Rico demanded

“She over my aunts, she okay, but they still trying to take her to the hospital to make sure the baby fine.But she keep saying she okay” Tisha explained

“Where they find her at?” Rico asked

“Some truck stop up in Deleware. Check this though, she ain’t even have no clothes on. Just wrapped in a blanket. She called my father and he went up there to get her. They said not to say nuffin to you and he was taking her to Aunt Joyce house” Tisha told Rico

“And you still told me. How long ago was this?”

“About two hours ago”

“I’m going to Joyce house, don’t let Shanae leave”

“Rico, please don’t go to my peoples house starting no shit”

“Don’t let her leave” Rico ordered as he ended the call.

Rico thought to himself for a second then motioned for his boy Wayne to come over. He told him to get everybody together at their spot on Franklin Avenue after the video shooting wraps up. If he could get some answers out of Shanae he wanted to be ready immediately to make a move. Rico knew the kidnappers were scared now. That’s the only reason they let her go. Rico had plans of letting up. Knowing Shanae was safe only increased his bloodlust. This was far from over.

It didn’t take Rico long to reach Shanae’s aunt Joyce house. It was a small rambler that seemed to sit lonely with lots of space on each side. There was no upstairs. No basement. The people who built it must have been very small. Even a man of 5’ 10 would feel he was squatting down as he moved from room to room.

As Rico stood before the front door of the tiny house it looked as if he would never fit inside. Rico was a massive 6’5” 340lb bulk of human being. He was built like some kind of line man on a football field. There was nothing delicate about him. Rico might not have been an ugly man but he was not handsome enough for anyone to smile when they saw him. People instinctively felt fear and anxiety when they were face to face with Rico Thurman.

Powerful was the best descriptive word for Rico’s appearance. His body seemed to have an explosive energy to it that changed the climate of any room he entered. It was almost as if one could physically feel it. When he turned his head, when he took a step, and especially when he spoke; people couldn’t help but to react to the powerful presence Rico commanded.

Rico was also self-aware of his impact on others. He purposefully looked angry as he made his way through the small door into the tiny house. It didn’t seem as if the structure of fragile home was going to be able to contain the energy coming off of Rico’s body. It was probably to make this visit as short as possible, but everyone in attendance was afraid to be the first to break the silence.

Rico found himself enjoying the scene a bit too much and decided to speak first. It was more to keep himself from laughing than anything.

“You Okay? They hurt you?” Were his first words to Shanae. She wasn’t visibly upset before Rico walked in, but the sight of him had her far more alarmed than she had been the past two weeks. This was supposed to be the father of her unborn child. Her protector, her champion. But she knew what he was. He was an accuser. He would find a way to blame it on her for not being hurt. She felt he would be upset if he found out that she was treated well the entire time. She actually dreaded returning to normal life, because she knew that would mean having to face this interrogation. She tried her best to find her voice to respond. Even with her family here, Rico would not ask her a second time.

“No” Shanae weakly responded “They never hurt me. They were mostly nice the whole time ,except for..” Shanae stopped. She looked at Rico who eyes widened as he urged her on

“Except for what?”

Shanae took a deep breath “They kept saying they didn’t want to hurt me, but they were going to have to if you didn’t pay.”

“You saw their faces?” Rico demanded

“No not the guys, just the girl, and her little boy” Shanae answered

“What girl? Like a little kid?”

“No she was a grown woman, I think she was one of the guys girlfriend or something. But the guys wore masks when they were around. It was just the one guy most of the time. He was nice too. I think it was his house cuz he was there the most, he just always had on a mask when I wasn’t being kept in the room.”

“OH they let you walk around? Rico asked

“Yea, if it was just the two of them and the kid. But when the other guy came, I was always back in my room chained to my bed. It was the other guy who was always talking about doing something. He kept saying things about how you weren’t paying and you weren’t taking them seriously, and how he was gonna have to make an example or something. I don’t know he wasn’t there that much” Shanae explained

Rico looked at her. He moved a few steps closer to her “This other guy, the one who kept saying my name. You never got a good look at him? Never caught anything he said that could help you figure out who he was?”

Shanae couldn’t believe it. She knew where this was going. Shanae was already an afterthought. Rico was more worried about who the guys were than he was about her. This suddenly made her angry. If she was alone she would just do her best to ignore the anger. But with so much of her family here, she couldn’t hold it in. Her eyes began to water

“Who he was? The man who wanted to get money from you? That’s all you’re worried about who he was and that he wanted your money. You were never worried about me were you? You know I actually thought I might have been killed at one point? I knew you weren’t going to pay. And every time he came in there, I knew he was going to be bad, cuz I knew you weren’t paying. “

“That’s enough Nae” Shanae’s Uncle Pete interrupted “He just wanna know who these guys were who grabbed you up with so he can deal with it in his way. You know better than to get in a man’s business”

“You better listen to that old man woman” Rico agreed. “Now back to this guy, the hot head. Did he have any tattoo’s was he light skinned dark skinned?”

“You know what Rico? Fuck you. I hate you. You ain’t shit. Only thing on your mind is fucking killing somebody. Never mind loving anyone, all you know how to do is Kill. You see this shit Tisha?” Shanae asked her sister who mouthed a few mumbled words but said nothing aloud

“Oh you thought I didn’t know Rico was fucking you too? You thought it was a secret thing yall had? You think this nigga care about you? He don’t care about shit bitch. All he wanna do is get outta here so he can go kill somebody. The nigga was light skinned with a tattoo of an eagle on his neck. That good?” Shanae was standing by the time she finished her rant. But she was spent. Her eyes were red, and she was shaking now as well. Her aunt Joyce was trying on console her.

Joy who was also in the room felt her heart beating hard in her chest. As soon as Shanae described a light skinned man with a tattoo of an eagle on his neck she knew it was only a matter of time before Tisha said something to her. While the two girls were talking about the kidnapping Joy mentioned that she had met a guy at the Chuck E Cheese the same day Nae went missing. Tisha told her to ask the guy if he had seen anything that could help them. She did, and he didn’t. He said he didn’t even hear about the kidnapping.

Joy was about to try to sneak out of the room when Tisha stopped her “Joy didn’t you say you met a light skinned nigga at the Chuck E Cheeses that day? Do he have a tattoo of a eagle on his neck?”

Everyone was looking at Joy now. Joy could have sworn that the temperature in the room had went up 30 degrees suddenly

“I..I..asked him about it and he said he didn’t even hear about anyone getting kidnapped.” Joy stammered

“Asked who?” Rico asked Joy. His full was attention on Joy who was cowering under Rico’s intense gaze.

Joy knew what kind of man Rico was. But she was sure her friend was innocent, and she didn’t want to put a guy like Rico on his tail. Things had just started with them, and it was going well.

“It was nothing; he was just there earlier that day. I think he was gone before Nae even went missing, and he didn’t even see nuffin. I already asked him” Joy tried to explain

For Rico’s size, one thing that’s often underestimated is his speed. No one even saw his hand move. Least of all Joy. Joy found herself pinned against the wall of her Aunts living room with nothing but a ridiculously strong hand strongly pressing against her chest and gripping her by the neck. Her feet were off the ground. She felt herself choking, but his grip wasn’t tight. He still wanted her to talk. But he wanted her to know that up until this point he was being nice.

“You tell me exactly who this nigga is, and I’ll tell you if it’s nothing or not” Rico snarled at Joy.

“Joy just tell him shit!” Nae screamed

“Shy” Joy squeezed out. Rico released her and she fell to the ground coughing. “His name is Shy. He’s lightskinned, he has a lot of tattoo’s. All over his neck, I don’t know if one of them is an eagle or not. That’s it I don’t know nothing else” Joy cried out.

“Shy” Rico said “Did anyone else see this guy Shy?” Rico asked the room

No one answered. “Tisha, you see the nigga Shy? Nae?” Both sisters shook their head.

Rico knew a few guys named Shy. Only two that lived on this side of town. One was in jail, and he was hardly light skinned. The other one definitely capable of something like this Rico thought. He was light skinned. And he did have tattoos. This Shy would have 100% heard about Shanae being kidnapped. Shy was in the business of knowing these kinda things.

“You said you told him about Nae being snatched up and he said he didn’t see nothing”

“He said he didn’t see anything and he didn’t hear anything” Joy answered

“How many times you seen him since then? Rico asked.

“Maybe 2 or 3 times, but I really don’t think he had anything to do with this” Joy continue to say as if she was pleading for her new firend’s life.

“You gotta picture of him in your phone?” Rico asked. Buy Joy shook her head no. He then made Joy describe Shy to Nae while he watched Nae’s face closely to see if anything registered. When she finished he got down one knee. He took Shanae’s hands and looked her in her eyes “Shanae, you know what I do. You know who I am. Does this sound like the man”

Shanae took several deep breaths. Her eyes watered. She had so many boiling emotions. She had so many things she wanted to say. But she knew there was only thing Rico wanted to hear. “It sounds like the same guy Rico”

Joy put her hands to her mouth. Rico snatched her phone, and threatened Joy not contact him. He then opened his own phone and began to call his boy Wayne. Rico seemed to actually be in a better mood now. He was laughing about a shipment of new toys they would get to play with now. And like that he was gone.

No goodbyes. No assurances. He didn’t say what he would do or wouldn’t do. He just got the information he wanted and left. Joy was relieved it was over. She had never felt so meaningless of a person in her life. This man showed no consideration for her feelings, or her health. He didn’t respect her life, or her families. He didn’t care one bit that she actually liked Shy. He would probably kill him tonight if he could find him. Joy knew right then and there she would avoid Rico at all costs for the rest of her life. Nothing could get her to be in the presence of that monster ever again.

She looked at her cousin Nae. Joy finally understood why Nae was always sad. Even when she was supposed to be happy Nae looked like her heart was just broken. Joy had only spent 20 minutes with Rico, and she knew she had enough for the rest of her life. Joy couldn’t even imagine what Shanae’s reality was day in and day out. The two shared a glance, and the despair in Nae’s eyes said it all. Both were overflowing with tears when they reached out to one another to hug. Nae and Joy stayed locked in that embrace for a very long time

Back