Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 3/22

Is this his fault or wwe creative? Because I enjoyed most of his matches but the storylines were average at best to me

I can't blame creative for how I currently feel about Kofi. They've done everything they can to make you believe him as champion. He's had the belt since Mania and his beat a gang of top talent clean since February.

My problems with him have less to do with storyline and more to do with move set and promo style.

I can't blame creative for how I currently feel about Kofi. They've done everything they can to make you believe him as champion. He's had the belt since Mania and his beat a gang of top talent clean since February.

My problems with him have less to do with storyline and more to do with move set and promo style.

Him being happy go lucky with the pancakes was something I thought would change with being champion but it didn’t for whatever reason

most title reigns are lack luster nowadays.
wwe knows how to book the chase but they struggle with the actual reign

rollins
becky
styles (his lengthy title reign a few years ago)
kofi

all had their moments but all had their misses as champion

You can’t expect everyone to be the complete package in and out the ring; having amazing mic skills and put on 100% work when they’re champ.

That’s a wack expectation tbh... they’ve put their years in and proven their status as far as the company sees. Wrestling fans are a bunch of cry babies.

He’s there. He works every SmackDown. Every PPV.

Now y’all want Brock who’s gonna not be there and just squash match as he usually does... yay!

You can’t expect everyone to be the complete package in and out the ring; having amazing mic skills and put on 100% work when they’re champ.

That’s a wack expectation tbh... they’ve put their years in and proven their status as far as the company sees. Wrestling fans are a bunch of cry babies.

Now y’all want Brock who’s gonna not be there and just squash match as he usually does... yay!
Except you dont know how much or how little hes gonna be there, considering this aint raw fox payin big money for names they dont give a fuck bout no kofi kingston,and honestly whens the last time brock had a straight squash match? That match against cena when he 1st came back is the only one i can remember, hell if he didnt squash finn balor whos 150 pounds why you think hed squash kofi?

You're throwing a cape. Many of us in here aren't the complaining type when it comes to WWE. I actually think on this forum we're more forgiving then most when it comes to WWE. However; I'm also not a believer in participation trophy title runs. The run to the belt was great but he's been underwhelming since. If we can admit it for others why not him?

The difference with him is even when others weren't compelling with their run they were still by and large believable.

Idk if it's his promo voice, a lack of conviction behind his words or what. I cringe when he's on the mic or walking down to the ring with the belt throwing pancakes.

Also I don't even know why you assume Brock is the one people want to take the belt off of him.

You're throwing a cape. Many of us in here aren't the complaining type when it comes to WWE. I actually think on this forum we're more forgiving then most when it comes to WWE. However; I'm also not a believer in participation trophy title runs. The run to the belt was great but he's been underwhelming since. If we can admit it for others why not him?

The difference with him is even when others weren't compelling with their run they were still by and large believable.

Idk if it's his promo voice, a lack of conviction behind his words or what. I cringe when he's on the mic or walking down to the ring with the belt throwing pancakes.

Also I don't even know why you assume Brock is the one people want to take the belt off of him.

Agreed, they really needed to tone down the silly ass shit for him to be bit more convincing as champ imo, considering hes still wit new day let them niggas do all that shit, him winning the title was a great moment but dude is a midcarder at best

Is this his fault or wwe creative? Because I enjoyed most of his matches but the storylines were average at best to me
What matches? They all been boring as fuck. Maybe 1 or 2 "good" matches but majority of it been trash ass. I dont find Kofi as an entertaining wrestle either he pretty much phones in his moves so I'd say both. But I guess it's cool a mid career who never was supposed to be in that spot finally got it and Kofi a good guy but the in ring work and feuds been wack otherwise.

Last edited:
For billion dollars...Brock BETTER be there every Friday night. Lol.

As for Kofi...I'm cool wit him still being champion. But creative haven't really provided any good content afterwards.

The Kofi/Randy beef could've been SOOO much better. Especially considering how cerebral Randy is. But I think they played it too safe imo.

But like AH17 stated it's all of them. Seth...Becky...AJ...their title reign been meh. Becky outta of them is better, now that Sasha is back. I think the feud wit Lacey was good also. The guys...meh. I still want Kofi as champion tho.

For billion dollars...Brock BETTER be there every Friday night. Lol.

As for Kofi...I'm cool wit him still being champion. But creative haven't really provided any good content afterwards.

The Kofi/Randy beef could've been SOOO much better. Especially considering how cerebral Randy is. But I think they played it too safe imo.

But like AH17 stated it's all of them. Seth...Becky...AJ...their title reign been meh. Becky outta of them is better, now that Sasha is back. I think the feud wit Lacey was good also. The guys...meh. I still want Kofi as champion tho.
Thats my thing, if he actually shows up all the time im cool wit him beating kofi but fuck that shit if not

Weird they didn’t announce when the Shane KO ladder match will be. Probably for next week’s debut on Fox

Back