Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should prisoners be allowed to vote?

Inori

NAWF
Bernie Sanders town hall comments seem to have brought this into the forefront of discussion lately...

How yall feel about it? Should those with felony records be allowed to vote? Should prisoners be allowed to vote while in prison.. or should they have to wait until they have served their time?

Thoughts?

Who decides who should and shouldn't get to vote after they have served their time. On what grounds are those determinations made?

I was talking while in prison.

After a person has served said time they should be able to vote period.

Ah ok gotcha. I thought you meant when they got out.

Even still.. how would it be decided who does and doesnt get to vote while IN prison?

I say it should be based on the crime committed.

Child abuser, rapist things along those lines. Haven't given which crimes shouldn't be able to a lot of thought.

I know it would be a touchy list subject to a lot complaints but all crimes ain't equal.

yup..

many are in prison for bullshit reasons...
many in prison follow politics....
there are bigger criminals on the streets....
and in the board room....
your moral compass is not dictated on whether or not you got caught.....
prison is for profit, so the govermnet is making money off these niggaz anyway.....so yea, they should have the right to vote

Well according to the 13th Amendment prisoners are legally slaves and have no rights...so them not voting while in prison is pretty much on par.

However like Du said...prison and criminality has been weaponized and used against minorities...particularly black people for political and economic reasons

If they could still vote while inside...it could be a small step towards curbing niggas getting locked over bullshit

Back