Should Alimony Be Abolished?

Should Alimony Be Abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
This one here is touchy.

I'll just say this, certain ppl don't deserve certain things.

With that being said.

A Pre-Nup will be drawn up and be presented and signed and dated by both parties in my situation.

Alimony/spousal support will be worked out on our conditions heading into the marriage and the amount received and duration will be based on a person's salary when the divorce happens

I'll be dayum at the time of the divorce if I'm a garbage man, bus driver or etc bringing home 800 every two weeks and I'm handing over 400 to support you and you laying on yo ass. Our lifestyle wasn't all that for you to be needing spousal support. You betta ask yo mama if you can stay in your old childhood room so that you can gather yourself and get back on yo feet.. Times is hard.

Work out everything and have it on paper and signed/dated and initialed before you get to the finish line is how I see it

No im cool with it. Alimony is not for life its just based on a loss of income when the other party is not there financially

Usually the "take him/her to the cleaners" mindset comes with the conditions of the split up. If its less than amicable...that mindset comes from a place of hurt. Its revenge fueled. Which is unhealthy. And taking a persons money wont help you heal. On top of that if there are children involved...the animosity that develops between the parents is unhealthy for the children.

But to answer the question...yes I do think alimony is necessary in some cases. There def needs to be some checks and balances to ensure the recieving party is not abusing the benefit tho.

Back