Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Alimony Be Abolished?

Should Alimony Be Abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
@Race Jones, what are your thoughts on alimony only being granted in cases where the less well-off party was a homemaker and dependent or something?

@Race Jones, what are your thoughts on alimony only being granted in cases where the less well-off party was a homemaker and dependent or something?

I truly believe that's one of the instances it should be granted.
I just feel its ok to dish out payments to the less established partner until they get on their feet.
No harm in that.

Reactions: Az
I truly believe that's one of the instances it should be granted.
I just feel its ok to dish out payments to the less established partner until they get on their feet.
No harm in that.
I can imagine there are scenarios where married couples with income disparities in cities like NYC and San Francisco end up splitting up, then the poorer party struggles to afford rent or cost of living on their income alone.

Also, some argue that marriage between different social classes may be more prone to marital issues and maybe possibly more likely to split up due to differences. So there's a case to be made that there are still gonna be a good number of parties who need financial support following the dissolution of a marriage.

I can imagine there are scenarios where married couples with income disparities in cities like NYC and San Francisco end up splitting up, then the poorer party struggles to afford rent or cost of living on their income alone.

Also, some argue that marriage between different social classes may be more prone to marital issues and maybe possibly more likely to split up due to differences. So there's a case to be made that there are still gonna be a good number of parties who need financial support following the dissolution of a marriage.

I agree.

Do you *believe* in marriage?

This one is touchy like I think there are cases that alimony should be available.
The main one is when your spouse desired for yu to be a at home mom/father or home maker.
It wouldn't be fair to divorce the other person and leave them with nothing when they could have been out in the working world or getting a education in order to ensure their financial state.
Other than that if you were equally working and making bread in the marriage then no just split what yu do own together as a married couple and go on about ya merry little life...

Adding: Ladies/Gentlemen make sure yu make this voiced when yu are asked to stay at home though because some people will be ruthless when it comes to an end and say that's yo dumb ass fault...
For me I been takin care of my damn self my whole life, sure it's nice to have help but I need to know I can do it on my own always...

This one is touchy like I think there are cases that alimony should be available.
The main one is when your spouse desired for yu to be a at home mom/father or home maker.
It wouldn't be fair to divorce the other person and leave them with nothing when they could have been out in the working world or getting a education in order to ensure their financial state.
Other than that if you were equally working and making bread in the marriage then no just split what yu do own together as a married couple and go on about ya merry little life...

Adding: Ladies/Gentlemen make sure yu make this voiced when yu are asked to stay at home though because some people will be ruthless when it comes to an end and say that's yo dumb ass fault...
For me I been takin care of my damn self my whole life, sure it's nice to have help but I need to know I can do it on my own always...

That's a smart girl right there

If after being married to someone you hate them so much that 1 a judge has to force you to help them out or 2 they want to take you for everything for no reason then you chose wrong. Start getting to really know people before you marry them. Relationships are hard and break ups are harder but hate is not needed.

Back