Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Alimony Be Abolished?

Should Alimony Be Abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
She could've tied his shoe before work and that would be considered contribution, where she would feel entitled to half.

Fuck outta here. Pay me until I become self-supporting.
You was trying to save a chick when you first met her.
Tried to show her a better life.
Tried to stunt.

Now you upset? lmao stop it
Ill take my stipend every two weeks please.

:saywut:
I know a woman paying her lazy ex husband a high alimony, with which he funded his wedding to the woman he had an affair with.

The financial side of marriage is horrible. I see the purpose of alimony but tbh its one of the things that puts me off getting the state involved.

Im not against marriage but I don't think it's necessary. If it happens, cool. If it don't, cool. I'm cool with dating a nigga I love all my life.

Mfs only get married for the ceremony anyway.

Serious answer:

What Chi said.

Or if they divorced due to unfaithfulness.

Other than that, get a job and support yourself.

I don't really want to get married, but there is something special about saying "that's my wife" as opposed to saying "that's my girl/woman"

I don't believe in alimony. I don't believe people should marry into a lifestyle more grandiose than one they can provide themselves. When were done, were done. I take what I bought and you take what you bought. Money shouldn't be shared like that in the first place, never understood that. I'd be more worried about how we spending time with our children than funds.

I don't believe in alimony. I don't believe people should marry into a lifestyle more grandiose than one they can provide themselves. When were done, were done. I take what I bought and you take what you bought. Money shouldn't be shared like that in the first place, never understood that. I'd be more worried about how we spending time with our children than funds.

This woman is smart and wise.

Fuck outta here. Pay me until I become self-supporting.
You was trying to save a chick when you first met her.
Tried to show her a better life.
Tried to stunt.

Now you upset? lmao stop it
Ill take my stipend every two weeks please.

:saywut:

As someone who has a brother with an ex wife who is exploiting the fuck out of the situation w/ this mindset, I resent this post.

This ain't the 50's, when alimony made complete and total sense.

Alimony, for the most part, is an antiquated system from a time of legislated and enforced gender discrimination.

Its time we moved beyond that

This ain't the 50's, when alimony made complete and total sense.

Alimony, for the most part, is an antiquated system from a time of legislated and enforced gender discrimination.

Its time we moved beyond that

Gender discrimination is still a thing ya know.
Not much has changed since the 50s

Back