Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Shooting in Dayton Ohio, hours after El Paso, leaves up to 9 dead & 16 injured

This is false.

These shootings affect white people too and we are at a tipping point in our national discourse. It has never been in the national conversation like it is now.

We have had serious gun reform in Congress before it just didn’t pass both houses.

We are at a point where the NRA and the gun lobby is vulnerable.

That's the point I'm trying to make!! Lol I agree with yall about gun reform. Do you actually truly believe that the current Congress that we have is going to do any fucking thing concerning gun reform????

I would like us to revisit this thread in one month's time. Thursday, September 5th we'll discuss all the reform Congress has passed in response to these two tragedies.

"The 10-year ban was passed by the US Congress on September 13, 1994, following a close 52–48 vote in the US Senate, and was signed into law by US President Bill Clinton on the same day. The ban applied only to weapons manufactured after the date of the ban's enactment. It expired on September 13, 2004, in accordance with its sunset provision."

Blue President. Blue House. Blue Senate.
That's what it'll take to pass a bill like that again. As it stands now, it's pointless to even try to write this bill up. Moscow Mitch won't let it be. Now next year after the election may be a different story.

You don’t wait until you have the votes to pursue an important issue.

You say it every day on national TV until you have unwavering public support and maximum political pressure.

The more you do that, the greater chance you have for it to pass - regardless of who is in office.

I'm not acting like they did this all at a distance on some Tri Gun shit. I'm talking about walking into a crowded area, full of unarmed people, and you just randomly start emptying into a crowd. You could walk down mad people to shoot before police even get there.

Watch the video clip.

People were running full speed away from the attacker, there was no one near him.

This wasn’t a crowded venue; it was an open strip.

30+ people shot in 30 seconds doesn’t happen with a handgun, period.

To equivocate the two weapons is ridiculous and absurd.

You don’t wait until you have the votes to pursue an important issue.

You say it every day on national TV until you have unwavering public support and maximum political pressure.

The more you do that, the greater chance you have for it to pass - regardless of who is in office.

So why wasn't anything passed during the Obama years?

Congress. They don't give a fuck about political pressure.

7 people died at a barbecue at a park. Did he know all 7 or knew somebody or a few and decided to hit everybody with him. I don’t see how that is much different than dude killing his sister and then trying to run up the kills before he got captured

Both are wrong, but if you can't see the difference between a guy bussin wild at some people he's basically at war with and catching a few others in the fire and a guy going out an intentionally killing a lot of innocent people along with his sister, I don't know what to tell you. A lot of those black people in the picture put were going after and actually killed enemies. Right or wrong, they weren't just out to kill a bunch of random people like the white boys on that list. Conflating the two things is just an attempt to absolve white boys of a crime type that they pretty much have all to their own.

Lol
Watch the video clip.

People were running full speed away from the attacker, there was no one near him.

This wasn’t a crowded venue; it was an open strip.

30+ people shot in 30 seconds doesn’t happen with a handgun, period.

To equivocate the two weapons is ridiculous and absurd.
i mean what stopping someone from hopping on a crowded train or bus then opening fire with a concealed pistol? You can kill a good amount of people in 30 seconds

So why wasn't anything passed during the Obama years?

Congress. They don't give a fuck about political pressure.

Are you kidding me that’s the only thing politicians care about outside of the paying back their donors.

I didn’t say it always works I said it makes it more likely to work. And that is a FACT.

Even so, Obama passed a shit ton of things despite all of the opposition. He didn’t have enough of the public behind him to win on certain issues.

This is a different moment.

Do you think once the right people are in place, legislation gets all of a sudden dreamt up and with a magic wand gets passed immediately.

People fight for these laws for years, even decades before they get passed. And every thing that happens along the way contributes to the eventual passage of a law.

If after decades of furious inaction and more blood shed; if the entire country screams at a fever pitch for months straight to pass the very most basic gun control legislation and the entire word can point to Mitch McConnell as the sole reason it isn’t being brought up for a vote - guess what?

Either some form of those bills gets passed, OR Mitch McConnell is finally voted out of office - or Both.

This is still a representative democracy. The reason it doesn’t work is because people don’t participate.

We are at a moment in which people feel like participating.

Last edited:
Both are wrong, but if you can't see the difference between a guy bussin wild at some people he's basically at war with and catching a few others in the fire and a guy going out an intentionally killing a lot of innocent people along with his sister, I don't know what to tell you. A lot of those black people in the picture put were going after and actually killed enemies. Right or wrong, they weren't just out to kill a bunch of random people like the white boys on that list. Conflating the two things is just an attempt to absolve white boys of a crime type that they pretty much have all to their own.
Yea I don’t get the difference when I could be an innocent person that has no personal connection to the shooter and still get smoked in either situation. By a white person spraying up Walmart pushing a political agenda or a black dude doing a driveby at a park to catch someone that looked at him funny.

Yea I don’t get the difference when I could be an innocent person that has no personal connection to the shooter and still get smoked in either situation. By a white person spraying up Walmart pushing a political agenda or a black dude doing a driveby at a park to catch someone that looked at him funny.

The black dudes spraying recklessly you mentioned killed 7 people some of which were probably bad guys themselves. The white boy in El Paso killed 20+ people none of which did anything to him to deserve that. If you can't see the difference there, I don't know what to tell you.

“Trump said Toledo!”

And Biden said some off the wall ish too about the locations

truth is, the name being said wrong isn’t that big of a deal, it happens... this is why trump will win again.. bc of the idiots that attach to every word he speaks, most of it very trivial... keeping things in context, we know what’s being referred to...right?

Are you kidding me that’s the only thing politicians care about outside of the paying back their donors.

I didn’t say it always works I said it makes it more likely to work. And that is a FACT.

Even so, Obama passed a shit ton of things despite all of the opposition. He didn’t have enough of the public behind him to win on certain issues.

This is a different moment.

Do you think once the right people are in place, legislation gets all of a sudden dreamt up and with a magic wand gets passed immediately.

People fight for these laws for years, even decades before they get passed. And every thing that happens along the way contributes to the eventual passage of a law.

If after decades of furious inaction and more blood shed; if the entire country screams at a fever pitch for months straight to pass the very most basic gun control legislation and the entire word can point to Mitch McConnell as the sole reason it isn’t being brought up for a vote - guess what?

Either some form of those bills gets passed, OR Mitch McConnell is finally voted out of office - or Both.

This is still a representative democracy. The reason it doesn’t work is because people don’t participate.

We are at a moment in which people feel like participating.

We shall see. If the Mitch McConnells of Congress don't get voted out then nothing will change.

“Trump said Toledo!”

And Biden said some off the wall ish too about the locations

truth is, the name being said wrong isn’t that big of a deal, it happens... this is why trump will win again.. bc of the idiots that attach to every word he speaks, most of it very trivial... keeping things in context, we know what’s being referred to...right?

this is equivalent to hot headed players getting more attention from the refs

he and/or his "followers" made this bed

yes, they will be on his head every time he fucks up

I agree blowing everything up probably just fuels his supporters tho

Yup, after posting that bullshit ass pic, which is only something you'd see on fox news or by some jackass on breitbart or something @Tellthetruth is def undercover, dude is literally doing textbook whataboutisms(and horrible ones at that) that gop/conservatives/racists love to use, get this dude the fuck outta here

Back