Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Shooter in Custody, 22 Dead & 24 injured in El Paso Walmart Mass Shooting. Update: El Paso Shooter Confesses Told Police He Was Targeting ‘Mexicans

Suspected El Paso Shooter Told Police He Was Targeting ‘Mexicans’

Police say that Patrick Crusius, the suspected shooter in Saturday’s El Paso massacre, confessed that he was targeting “Mexicans” when he opened fire at a Walmart, killing 22 people, as reported by the Washington Post and the Associated Press.

He is believed to be the author of a xenophobic screed posted online shortly before the shooting bemoaning the “Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

The suspected gunman has reportedly waived his right to an attorney and is freely sharing his confession with police.

The Uncle of a Baby Orphaned in El Paso Mass Shooting Defends Trump's Thumbs Up Gesture in Hospital Photo

(EL PASO) — The uncle of a 2-month-old boy whose parents were killed in the El Paso mass shooting is defending a photo that shows first lady Melania Trump holding the baby while President Donald Trump smiles and gives a thumbs-up gesture.

The photo was released on Twitter by the first lady’s office and drew backlash from some who thought it reflected a lack of empathy and politicized the shootings.

The Republican president and first lady Melania Trump had flown to El Paso late Wednesday after visiting the Dayton, Ohio hospital where many of the victims of Sunday’s attack in that city were treated. For most of the day, the president was kept out of view of the reporters traveling with him, but the White House said the couple met with hospital staff and first responders and spent time with wounded survivors and their families.

Tito Anchondo, the uncle of baby Paul Anchondo, told The Associated Press on Friday that Trump “was just there to give his condolences and he was just being a human being.” He previously told NPR that he and his brother were Trump supporters.

“Is it that hard to try and understand that a family is trying to not be sad at a moment like this?” said Anchondo, who also appears in the photo along with his sister. “We’re trying to be as strong as we can. … My brother is gone.”

The child’s parents, Andre and Jordan Anchondo, were among 22 killed and about two dozen wounded when a gunman opened fire Saturday inside a Walmart packed with shoppers. Authorities say Jordan Ancondo was shielding the baby, while her husband shielded them both. The boy suffered broken fingers.

Tito Anchondo declined to describe the encounter with Trump in more detail, saying he had received death threats. “We should be coming together as a country at this time instead of threatening each other with hate messages,” he said.

Authorities say the gunman, 21-year-old Patrick Crusius, confessed after surrendering and said he had been targeting Mexicans.

John Jamrowski, the grandfather of Jordan Anchondo, told AP he received an early-morning phone call Wednesday from a hospital inviting his family to schedule a meeting with the president. Jamrowski said he declined in an effort to stay out of the political fray and avoid misinterpretations. “We’re politically neutral,” he said Friday. “We discussed it as a family and said, ‘You know what, this could be spun around.'”

Jamrowski declined comment about the photo of his great-grandson.

SMDH...

Damn shame what this world has come to

Had to make a Walmart run tonight outta necessity

Almost grabbed my slides but then thought, “nah I need to be more agile than that” and grabbed some kicks

Greatest nation on earth, right?
I was in the food lion this morning, had gotten all I needed and thought about scanning to see if I can find something I mighta forgot. Pushed the cart past the bathroom and seen two white kids go in the door and look back before they continued

I was like
:ualreadyknow:I got enough groceries for today

Damn shame what this world has come to

Had to make a Walmart run tonight outta necessity

Almost grabbed my slides but then thought, “nah I need to be more agile than that” and grabbed some kicks

Greatest nation on earth, right?
I was in the food lion this morning, had gotten all I needed and thought about scanning to see if I can find something I mighta forgot. Pushed the cart past the bathroom and seen two white kids go in the door and look back before they continued

I was like
:ualreadyknow:I got enough groceries for today
I dont know about yall bout i started paying in the back of walmart. I be paying for dogfood and shit next to the games/tv section. That shit is right next to the back near there warehouse or by the oil/car section. That leads right out to anoter parking lot thats rarely used

Niggas gotta think exit strategies when they hit Walmart. Wild.

Calvin got y'all shook.

Owner of 8chan, online message board favored by El Paso shooter, ordered to appear in court

WASHINGTON – A key House committee has subpoenaed the owner of 8chan, an online message board favored by violent white nationalists including the man suspected of killing 22 people in a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas.

Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson and the panel’s top Republican announced the subpoena Wednesday, saying that “at least three acts of deadly white supremacist extremist violence have been linked to 8chan in the last six months."

The El Paso shooter along with the gunman accused of killing 51 worshipers at a New Zealand mosque and the man accused of terrorizing a synagogue in Poway, California, all posted hateful screeds on 8chan before committing their crimes.

The website was shut down following the El Paso shooting.

Thompson and GOP Rep. Mike Rogers say it’s crucial to examine what can be done to counter the trend. The subpoena asks owner Jim Watkins to appear Sept. 5 for a deposition.

Back