Welcome To aBlackWeb

You act like Aquaman did 150M first weekend.

It did 65M, the same as US.

Basically Jordan Peele has as much brand recognition as Aquaman. :hahaha:
He should. Black man did a hell of a job marketing. And he using same got black actors from BP.

Black people have show that they will support shit made for them by people they fucks with who market directly to them.

But this has nothing to do with Shazam. It has a lot to do with BP but that's another argumrnt

He should. Black man did a hell of a job marketing. And he using same got black actors from BP.

Black people have show that they will support shit made for them by people they fucks with who market directly to them.

But this has nothing to do with Shazam. It has a lot to do with BP but that's another argumrnt

I dunno about that movies success having anything to do with Black Panther at all.. but like you said that's another argument

It was based on the negative reaction to Bree Lawson being the new face of the MCU which is a real thing.

:foh5: the Bree Larson hate didn't even start from the trolls til she started doing her press run, which was in FEBRUARY. Even on here it didn't start til a month ago. Not way back in September.

So...:word?:

It was based on the last 10 if mcu having a definitive goal. That was to tie up the Thanos storyline. Which they did, thru an amazing 10 year build up. It was great, but it won't be repeated. And I'm not the only person who feels that way. So that was also a real thing.

This makes zero sense what so ever. So you seen Marvels track record plus the fact they just had their biggest year to date and you came to the conclusion that this movie, with it's tie in to IW and the current MCU, was gonna flop?

:wdf5:

So you just arguing to argue.

But I'm the troll

captain marvel will prolly start out at 100 million more than shazam in their respective first weeks......

however if shazam reviews are positive and captain marvels are negative..

shazam will catch it by 90 days....

shazam going to run the box office until endgame comes out

Like @AP21 said we holding you accountable for what you say.

I've never said Shazam wouldn't be successful.

I've said it's not touching CM box office wise, and it's not.

Last edited:
It might not make sense to you, but it took 10 years to build up to infinity war.

To look at it in perspective, look at each phase like a tv season.

Every show has their best season, and normally can't achieve that kinda success going forward. It just happens. I think this phase with infinity war and end game is their apex.

Call me a pessimist or a hater, but I don't see marvel building to anything as big as this again. This was their best season. Captain marvel might have been a financial success, but people noticed the quality and interest in the actual movie just doesn't have the same energy....

Mean while, DC movies are getting better and better.

These are good and genuine observations.

Y'all just run it in the hole cuz every press release, the first 12 comments are about how I'm going to respond....

Like @AP21 said we holding you accountiable for what you say.

I've never said Shazam wouldn't be successful.

I've said it's not touching CM box office wise, and it's not.

And I've said multiple times I was wrong about CM

Y'all ain't holding me accountable, y'all running shit in the hole

It might not make sense to you, but it took 10 years to build up to infinity war.

To look at it in perspective, look at each phase like a tv season.

Every show has their best season, and normally can't achieve that kinda success going forward. It just happens. I think this phase with infinity war and end game is their apex.

Call me a pessimist or a hater, but I don't see marvel building to anything as big as this again. This was their best season. Captain marvel might have been a financial success, but people noticed the quality and interest in the actual movie just doesn't have the same energy....

Mean while, DC movies are getting better and better.

These are good and genuine observations.

Y'all just run it in the hole cuz every press release, the first 12 comments are about how I'm going to respond....

I won't go as far as to call you a hater.. but you act like Thanos is the ultimate villain. Sure it was built up to seem that way.. but Disney/Marvel just got access back to some dope ass villains. Theres potential there to make some really good shit

I won't go as far as to call you a hater.. but you act like Thanos is the ultimate villain. Sure it was built up to seem that way.. but Disney/Marvel just got access back to some dope ass villains. Theres potential there to make some really good shit
He was and it was.

They built the whole universe towards a show down with thanos. And it worked.

I mean the movie is literally called end game.

We know more movies coming, but as far as epic build ups.... This was the moment they were preparing for.

End game will be 3 hours long.

They go to the back of the line while DC takes over for the next 5-7 years.

That'll give them time to work out the Fox characters and try to build to another big event.

I still think rouge stealing Captain marvel powers will be the best way to introduce the mutants. It could be in an end credit, and could spark the avengers vs xmen story line. But again they need time to get ready for that

You keep saying this but, none of it explains why you thought CM was gonna flop.

Most the folks here thought it was good.

80% & 60% on RT

875M worldwide to date

where are you getting that from......
tenor.gif

Phase one was playing second fiddle to Nolan's Batman.

It wasn't until DC regrouped with the DCEU that marvel took over with the 2nd phase.

Now that marvel is done their big event, the stage is set for DC , and they're building the proper momentum

CM was okay at best.

Definitely not worth no damn 850m

That was some lucky ass brand recognition bullshit and y'all know it.

They go to the back of the line while DC takes over for the next 5-7 years.

That'll give them time to work out the Fox characters and try to build to another big event.

:hahaha:

You do know that Marvel still got movies coming out after Endgame.

Or are those gonna flop as well

Lmao.

As soon as I seen they were doing select early releases for this movie along with the good reviews, I knew how this thread would go. Lmao

Back