Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm not surprised it didn't do numbers. I know fans of the character and DC movies would go see it no prob, but I don't know if it had general appeal or if the trailers did a good job of convincing people it did. I've seen most of the Marvel and DC movies in the theater. This was the first one I didn't even think about seeing. The trailers did absolutely nothing for me. I guess I wasn't the only one that felt like that.
It's better than all the DC not named Aquaman and Wonder Woman movies and a few Marvel movies

Yeah, too each his own. I don't mind Shazam as a character. He was fine in the JL cartoon. I just had no desire seeing a movie that focused on him. That said, I can believe there would be people that were intrigued by his character and story. It just turns out that fewer had that interest.

I've seen most of the Marvel and DC movies in the theater. This was the first one I didn't even think about seeing. The trailers did absolutely nothing for me. I guess I wasn't the only one that felt like that.

This is me. And after Du didn't come in here saying it was one of the greatest comic book movies ever filmed, I knew I could wait to see it at home.

Like I said, I ain't gonna unreasonably hop on shit just cuz.... It was Dr strange level to me...

Very fun introduction to the whole magic side of DC.

I wonder if they gonna do Dr fate now

I'm not surprised it didn't do numbers. I know fans of the character and DC movies would go see it no prob, but I don't know if it had general appeal or if the trailers did a good job of convincing people it did. I've seen most of the Marvel and DC movies in the theater. This was the first one I didn't even think about seeing. The trailers did absolutely nothing for me. I guess I wasn't the only one that felt like that.

This movie didn't do numbers ? It made 300 million worldwide according to Box office mojo.

Shitty ass Suicide Squad did 750 w/ horrible reviews from fans and critics alike

Suicide Squad had a bigger cast,Will Smith,Margot Robbie,Common,Jared Leto,Viola Davis,etc

Shazam was a success especially being released in the same month as the most anticipated film ever,by

Thursday it's a wrap for every film that doesn't have a marvel logo on it.

Suicide Squad had a bigger cast,Will Smith,Margot Robbie,Common,Jared Leto,Viola Davis,etc

Shazam was a success especially being released in the same month as the most anticipated film ever,by

Thursday it's a wrap for every film that doesn't have a marvel logo on it.

It was suppose to be a sleeper hit tho.

:hahaha:

You can almost hear a collective sigh of relief mixed with anticipation as this weekend's release of Disney and Marvel's Captain Marvel should deliver a much-needed jolt to the domestic box office, which is down 27% compared to last year. In fact, while Captain Marvel will deliver the first $100+ million debut of 2019 the film will most likely outperform all previous weekends so far this year all on its own, needing $139 million to do so.

Captain Marvel is the latest film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the first to center on a female superhero with Brie Larson starring in the title role. The film will launch in a March record, 4,310 theaters — 3,000+ 3D locations, 400+ IMAX screens, 750+ Premium Large Format screens and 250 D-Box/4D locations — with previews beginning at 6PM on Thursday night. Disney is anticipating a debut around $125+ million, though tracking has been pushing higher all week and we're expecting something a bit higher as well.

• Captain Marvel (4,310 theaters) - $155.0 M
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (4,037 theaters) - $16.8 M
  • Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral (2,442 theaters) - $11.4 M
  • Alita: Battle Angel (2,374 theaters) - $3.9 M
  • The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2,930 theaters) - $3.6 M
  • Green Book (2,094 theaters) - $3.2 M
  • Fighting with My Family (2,455 theaters) - $3.0 M
  • Greta (2,417 theaters) - $2.3 M
  • Isn't It Romantic (2,223 theaters) - $2.0 M
  • Apollo 11 (405 theaters) - $1.3 M

Still Shazam gonna beat CM.

Shazam got 3 weeks b4 Endgame hit, to make it's bread. That joint ain't even gonna beat CM 1st weekend bank in it's total run.:host:

Damn Shazam's domestic run really ain't gonna beat what CM did in it's 1st week.

DeAndre-Jordan-Face-After-Brandon-Knight-Dunk.gif

Back