Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Sequels that were better than their OG?

Red Dragon, Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal all center around Hannibal Lector. All four movies are connected even though there are different actors playing the central character.

Desperado takes the story from El Mariachi and moves it forward, same character, different town, and it has callbacks to the first flick but it replaces Carlos Gallardo with Antonio Banderas in flashback scenes, particularly the one where he get's shot in the hand by Moco (fun fact: Carlos Gallardo WAS actually in Desperado, but he played one of the other mariachi's Campa, the cat with the machine gun guitar case)

So, they're all direct sequels. A better example of a spiritual sequel would be Gross Point Blank and War Inc. or Blade Runner and Soldier.
I 100% understood everything you typed before you typed it...

I just asked is something a true sequel if none of the actors are reclaiming their roles.

I don't think so.

I 100% understood everything you typed before you typed it...

I just asked is something a true sequel if none of the actors are reclaiming their roles.

I don't think so.

it ain't about the actors, it's about the characters. As long as the characters exist and the story is moving, it really doesn't matter if the same actors are playing the role. I mean, Terrence Howard being replaced didn't stop Iron Man 2 or 3 from being true sequels; did it? 2 Fast 2 Furious was a sequel to The Fast and the Furious with only one cast member from the first flick. Pacific Rim Uprising didn't have any of the original cast but it's still a sequel. Predator 2, nearly every Friday the 13th, and nearly every Nightmare on Elm Street had only one character that stayed the same with the rest of the cast being replaced.

hell yeah.

It introduces Nick Fury, Black Widow, and War Machine.
Puts a bow on the existence of the greater MCU (Phil Coulson being called away to New Mexico, then the post credits scene where he comes across Thor's hammer)
Fleshes out Rhodey as Tony's sanity check.
Justin Hammer + Ivan Vanko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Obidiah Stane
Tony starts his descent into to paranoia in this flick

and then some.

All that is true, besides the villains, and it's still a shitty movie.

James Cameron Essentially Took A Horror Movie In Space And A Techo Thriller And Turned Both Of Them In Action Films

I Wouldn't Say They Were Better The OGs But They Are Just As Good IMO

T2 was more cerebral than Terminator. There was more thought into the mechanics of time travel and how altering the past could change the future, or not depending on several factors.

Aliens has, IMO, more intensity than the first flick because you have a team capable of fighting back, but still losing against the Xenomorphs.

it ain't about the actors, it's about the characters. As long as the characters exist and the story is moving, it really doesn't matter if the same actors are playing the role. I mean, Terrence Howard being replaced didn't stop Iron Man 2 or 3 from being true sequels; did it? 2 Fast 2 Furious was a sequel to The Fast and the Furious with only one cast member from the first flick. Pacific Rim Uprising didn't have any of the original cast but it's still a sequel. Predator 2, nearly every Friday the 13th, and nearly every Nightmare on Elm Street had only one character that stayed the same with the rest of the cast being replaced.
ok, but look at your examples....

fast and the furious used the same actors playing the same characters... even blatantly added characters from the other movies to the story just to validate them

nightmare on elm street followed the same actor, up to the point when he wasn't available it was considered a "reboot"

i don't consider silence of the lambs anymore of a sequel to manhunter than queen of the damned is a sequel to interview with the vampire..

just cuz it's the same character doesn't mean it's a sequel...

it has to be the same people involved in the production in order for it to be a sequel

ok, but look at your examples....

fast and the furious used the same actors playing the same characters... even blatantly added characters from the other movies to the story just to validate them

Technically this only happened with Han, but then too Han's character originated in "Better Luck Tomorrow", not even a FF flick but it's canon for his character.

nightmare on elm street followed the same actor, up to the point when he wasn't available it was considered a "reboot"

Fam, you're plain wrong here.

i don't consider silence of the lambs anymore of a sequel to manhunter than queen of the damned is a sequel to interview with the vampire..

Red Dragon is the first in the book series. Manhunter is the first film adaptation of Red Dragon which, itself, was remade in 2002. If Red Dragon is considered a prequel to Silence of the Lambs, and Manhunter is the first screen adaptation of the Red Dragon story, then Silence of the Lambs is, indeed, the sequel to Manhunter.

just cuz it's the same character doesn't mean it's a sequel...

This is only the case for shit like Prometheus and Alien.

it has to be the same people involved in the production in order for it to be a sequel

Only in your universe. Thankfully we don't live there, so when the creators say "This is a sequel to X", it's a sequel regardless of what Du says.

Facts

In the rarest of cases where the trilogy was better D3>D2
Bruh fuck no lol

I still remember begging my mom to pick up the VHS when it dropped(only one without a theatrical release) and when she brought it in I lost my shit......watched it and never been so disappointed as a kid. Lol D2 def the best one by far, D1 easy 2nd, 3rd was some ass trash story.

Even fooled me with this fire cover, prolly the only thing that ranks above the others.
7f6bdeb098f044f5a001f1cfeabe2db9.jpg

Bruh fuck no lol

I still remember begging my mom to pick up the VHS when it dropped(only one without a theatrical release) and when she brought it in I lost my shit......watched it and never been so disappointed as a kid. Lol D2 def the best one by far, D1 easy 2nd, 3rd was some ass trash story.

Hell no. Hell they finally played real hockey in a hockey movie.

Goldberg getting benched and then moved to a Defense men was gold. Banks being a freshman on Varsity on the defending state champs. All that shit was gold.

Hell no. Hell they finally played real hockey in a hockey movie.

Goldberg getting benched and then moved to a Defense men was gold. Banks being a freshman on Varsity on the defending state champs. All that shit was gold.
Nah wasnt feeling 90% of the movie, just a big dive down imo prolly why it was straight to dvd.

Back