Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker

Umm ok. She gonna overlook her lawyer having her back and believing in her? What about W.E.B. Du Bois endorsing and supporting her?

This was a decent short series. My only complaint really was how the just glossed over her stealing the formula. I thought they were going to flesh that out some more but all we got is..

"Yeah I know I stole that shit but I really wanted to work together before that!... lets stop worrying about small stuff.. they killing us out here!"

And that was the end of it? lol just thought that was odd.

this.... was a strange takeaway lol

This was a decent short series. My only complaint really was how the just glossed over her stealing the formula. I thought they were going to flesh that out some more but all we got is..

"Yeah I know I stole that shit but I really wanted to work together before that!... lets stop worrying about small stuff.. they killing us out here!"

And that was the end of it? lol just thought that was odd.

this.... was a strange takeaway lol
What's strange about it?

Another historic black figure in which lies and literal manipulation is activated and of course the black man is the enemy

What's strange about it?

For starters, as was already addressed by @IP360 .. this statement was just completely false

Not a single black man in the movie is depicted as competent, a provider, or masculine intellectual. Every single one was depicted as a bumbling idiot or leech, abusive, cheater, etc. Literally everything that went wrong in the movie was the niggas fault

Followed by this reach here

Somehow they managed to throw lesbianism in there, leave them bumbling negroes alone, it hasnt worked out for you, get a woman instead

Sure it was one of the plot point for her daughter that they put into the movie.. they may have exaggerated it as with all movies but it didn't just come out of thin air tho. Just off of the limited info I know about her she was known for throwing some wild ass parties back then where folks were just doin whatever with whoever without judgement apparently.

All that to say this... This movie showed black folks from all walks of life.. personalities.. sexual orientations etc. Tf yall expecting? A majority black movie and not one black person to be an antagonist?

I'm not seeing the what the outrage is about. I'm open to hear from those of yall that feel otherwise tho

"riight"
Bruh, you know gotdamn well this movie is a part of a long list of propaganda films/content, dissing Black men......for everything.

The name of the game is to lie and deny, some folks pretend and act stupid, so don't put too much energy with folks, when shit like this is blatantly obvious. Just word of advice fam

I'll get around to watching one day to form a concrete opinion but from most of what I've read, Madam CJ Walker deserved much better.

Ima watch this tonight. Never had a strong opinion on her but I’ve always been fascinated by how her story would be told.

Back