Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy

Anyone checking for it? Drops on Friday this week. From the creators of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne series. Shit looks dope af and i've been craving another souls like game. All the early reviewers say its pretty dope and a bit more difficult than Dark Souls was. Or maybe not more difficult, just a new style you will need to adapt to.

Unfortunately there is no online mode. The entirety of the game will be Single Player so no summoning friends to help you defeat a boss. Besides that, same basic stuff as Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Cinematic scenes that will add suspense to the encounters and a majority of the story will have to be learned by discovering Lore in the game.

Been hyped af since From Square teased this at E3 a year or two ago.

I was hyped for this until I read the sentence containing “no online mode”.

Fuck. I wanted to invade people and fuck shit up. Might skip the purchase now, that’s dry.

Hearing div 2 is a huge upgrade on the original and I enjoyed that so I may pick that up now instead.

I'm into feudal Japan and Japanese shit in general but I'm just not interested in this because it plays kinda like souls

I wish I did care

Last edited:
Read positive things so far, we can jump now (lol) more parry based and no more stamina based combat,grappling hook arm seems to be adding loads of gameplay elements as well. ..cant beat this game playing like we did in Dark Souls.

Damn shame that there is no online though, thought they trade marked that shit back in 09 with demons souls.

I was hyped for this until I read the sentence containing “no online mode”.

Fuck. I wanted to invade people and fuck shit up. Might skip the purchase now, that’s dry.

Hearing div 2 is a huge upgrade on the original and I enjoyed that so I may pick that up now instead.
I've been hearing good things about the Division 2 as well. Tons of my friends are playing it. I never played the first one though and am not too crazy about shooters anymore. I too was bummed out about this game not having an Online mode but who knows, maybe they will add it in the future. The game will be similar to souls in style but will have some major differences too especially the way you travel around the battle areas by grappling and using stealth or just rushing in there. The combat seems pretty interesting as well with the whole breaking through the enemies posture and raising your own posture. Will be interesting for sure. Its gotten pretty stellar reviews from the folks who got to play it early.

Check out Ghosts of Tsushima if you havent already. Still awhile before it hits the streets though
Thats another one thats been on my radar for awhile now. Cant fucking wait for that shit. Havent seen any gameplay vids or anything though, just saw its announcement trailers.

Read positive things so far, we can jump now (lol) more parry based and no more stamina based combat,grappling hook arm seems to be adding loads of gameplay elements as well. ..cant beat this game playing like we did in Dark Souls.

Damn shame that there is no online though, thought they trade marked that shit back in 09 with demons souls.
The grappling hook arm will actually be many different tools it looks like! can turn into an axe and a couple other things. Different enemies are weak to different "tools". So it will be pretty awesome to see what strategies folks come up with.

The boss fights in this shit look INSANE

Yea I was willing to buy off the strength it’s a souls-esque game. That no online is real disappointing tho, I’ve seen gameplay and such and would be solid if you could link up.

Co-op was always my favourite way of play due to if I died I wouldn’t lose my souls haha.

Yea I was willing to buy off the strength it’s a souls-esque game. That no online is real disappointing tho, I’ve seen gameplay and such and would be solid if you could link up.

Co-op was always my favourite way of play due to if I died I wouldn’t lose my souls haha.
Yeah i loved Co op as well. Whenever i got to a new area I would throw my summon sign down and join someones game and play through it to kind of figure out the area. Then having other people join my game and they would always show me hidden shit I would have missed lol.

I was playing Dark souls remaster last year and I had some dude join my game who at first invaded and killed me twice. then he sent me a friend request. Chatted with him a minute and he joined my game. Dude ended up being pretty cool and was one of those dudes who would duplicate items so he dropped me every item in the game so i got the trophy, but then my character was waaaaay OP and it mained the remainder of the game on that character at least way too easy. Love the souls community though.

Yeah i loved Co op as well. Whenever i got to a new area I would throw my summon sign down and join someones game and play through it to kind of figure out the area. Then having other people join my game and they would always show me hidden shit I would have missed lol.

I was playing Dark souls remaster last year and I had some dude join my game who at first invaded and killed me twice. then he sent me a friend request. Chatted with him a minute and he joined my game. Dude ended up being pretty cool and was one of those dudes who would duplicate items so he dropped me every item in the game so i got the trophy, but then my character was waaaaay OP and it mained the remainder of the game on that character at least way too easy. Love the souls community though.

Yea I done something similar on Bloodborne guys to OP to make it enjoyable lol.

But when I load any of them up after I while I get my ass kicked from forgetting combinations and buttons lol.

Hmm I’m on the fence, looks like everything I’ve wanted from a game since Tenchu (didn’t realise they were the same game developers explains why I like there games so much).

But having no offline limits replay value and no definitive dlc drops that value even more.

Might wait for a sale copy.

I was really looking forward to this, but I've cooled on it a little. Sounds like they removed almost everything I liked about the Souls games.

I still have to finish KH3, so I'll hold off on buying this for a while. I might wait til target has that 2 for 3 sale sometime this year and get this game, DMC5, and whatever else is worth picking up at the time. Until then, I'll just play Dissidia NT, Soul Calibur VI, and VR games.

I'm loving the game and I'm not usually a fan of stealth games. Has that same rush as dark souls too. I'm not very far yet. Tons of deaths lmao every time I clear a tough area, theres something tougher next. Leveling up is kind of a pain too but I think I'm getting used to the controls and doing better. Cant do to well fighting multiple people at a time though

I'm loving the game and I'm not usually a fan of stealth games. Has that same rush as dark souls too. I'm not very far yet. Tons of deaths lmao every time I clear a tough area, theres something tougher next. Leveling up is kind of a pain too but I think I'm getting used to the controls and doing better. Cant do to well fighting multiple people at a time though

From the clips I’ve seen all defensive manoeuvres seem to work similar to parrying in DS, could never time that right without dying.

From the clips I’ve seen all defensive manoeuvres seem to work similar to parrying in DS, could never time that right without dying.
That's my exact trouble lol. I was horrible at parrying in dark souls and bloodborne. It's a bit smoother in this game so I'm able to pull it off better, but ultimately that's my leading cause of death lol

That's my exact trouble lol. I was horrible at parrying in dark souls and bloodborne. It's a bit smoother in this game so I'm able to pull it off better, but ultimately that's my leading cause of death lol

I was that guy who was on NG 7 on DS and BB and never parried..lol. I just recently started new games on both and learned how to. It just always felt like a risky move so I stayed away from it. On Sekiro you almost don't have a choice because that shit is all about deflecting/parrying. Most of my deaths have also been a result of the parrying...lol. It gets easier though once you get it down. I've gotten better at getting that timing down and it's helped tremendously w/ running through enemies.

Back