Welcome To aBlackWeb

Runner Who Slapped Reporter’s Butt on Live TV Identified as Church Youth Group Leader

Runner Who Slapped Reporter’s Butt on Live TV Identified as Church Youth Group Leader

A number of citizen journalists have identified the man who affronted a female reporter last week during her live coverage of a race in Georgia.

New York Post reports Tommy Callaway, a church youth minister and Boy Scout leader, was the runner who slapped WSAV-TV’s Alex Bozarjian on the butt in the middle of her live shot. The Post reports that online sleuths were able to identify Callaway by his race number, plus he has reportedly taken down his social media accounts after being called out and banned from future races in Savannah.

Bozarjian’s story went viral after she called out Callaway on Twitter and said “To the man who smacked my butt on live TV this morning: You violated, objectified, and embarrassed me. No woman should EVER have to put up with this at work or anywhere!!”

Bozarjian filed a police report over the incident, and in an interview with CBS This Morning, she described the shock she felt and how the slap made her feel “extremely vulnerable.”

“He took my power, and I’m trying to take that back,” said Bozarjian. “I think what it really comes down to is that he helped himself to a part of my body.”

Callaway’s lawyer, Joseph Turner, has defended his client by telling the media he “did not act with any criminal intentions” and was “working with those involved to correct the situation.” Bozarjian said Callaway contacted WSAV-TV to say he didn’t intend to hurt her, but she responded to that by saying “I’m not going to really debate that because he hurt me.”

She filed a police report Monday. Meanwhile, Callaway has lawyered up, and released statements through his lawyer such as “While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions. Tommy is a loving husband and father who is very active in his community” (because his work with youth groups and the Boy Scouts totally cancels his behavior here!)

A tap on the buttocks area is not sexual if in a sports setting.

If it is the NBA & NFL gay as hell

just looked it up, dude is extremely lucky. Georgia forces people convicted of sexual battery to register as a sex offender , but only if it's their second offense.

If they had elevated it to aggravated sexual battery he would definitely be going on the registry.

Throw the book at his ass. He knew she was a reporter and there was a camera there and did that bullshit anyway

That's why I'm confused at this shit even happening. He could see the camera and everything, did he really expect to get away with it?

Something comes over these dudes in that moment that makes them willing to risk it all. A deputy saw my friend's daughter's 15 year old butt through the window at a restaurant and just had to walk in and touch her ass. He had to know there were cameras. I think he got paroled last month.

Something comes over these dudes in that moment that makes them willing to risk it all. A deputy saw my friend's daughter's 15 year old butt through the window at a restaurant and just had to walk in and touch her ass. He had to know there were cameras. I think he got paroled last month.

damn, a cop did that shit?

well, at least they prosecuted his ass. But damn nigga, 15 year old booty made you get out the cruiser, come all the way into a restaurant just to touch it?

Nah, he was off duty and walking by. One of his coworkers recognized him when the footage was shown on the news and snitched on him. He worked at the jail right across the street from where it happened.

Back