Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rugrats as adults. They made a Susie Carmichael a single mother

No one should be shocked by how “progressive” Rugrats has been.

strong female leads has always been the name of their game.

men have always been second fiddle to the women.

hell… Phil and Lil’s mom divorced the dad and became a lesbian in the 00’s

No one should be shocked by how “progressive” Rugrats has been.

strong female leads has always been the name of their game.

men have always been second fiddle to the women.

hell… Phil and Lil’s mom divorced the dad and became a lesbian in the 00’s

I don't think that was the problem people had. They were complaining about the idea that it was the black chick who was the single parent, which basically falls squarely into the stereotype about black families.

The artist who drew this addressed why he made Suzie a single mom. It's a willfully ignorant explanation but he did give one

While some people may be upset at Bearmations’ and his Rugrats fan art, it seems that he meant well and had good intentions. The artist actually explained his reasoning for drawing Susie as a single mom-of-two in his description. "So originally I was going to have it where Susie was married to a new character who was a sports star of some kind (Which is why Jamie appears to be wearing a jersey), but instead I thought, ‘Wouldn't it be interesting and more dynamic if Susie were a single mom?’” he wrote.

He continued, “She would definitely be strong-willed enough to be so. Susie is a doctor and works hard to support her small family. She is divorced from her ex-husband (Who shall remain nameless). Her kids are twins named Shauna and Jamie. Shauna bears a striking resemblance to her mother, and like the latter, is the Rugrat with the highest sense of morality and maturity for her age. Jamie on the other hand is gross and a little mischievous acting as a foil to his sister. As a result, the pair tend to argue frequently as siblings do, but Susie knows how to keep them in check.”

“At first I wasn't sure if Susie should be divorced or a widow,” he added, “but we have enough dead parents in Rugrats in my opinion, so I went with the former.”

As you can see, Bearmations saw Susie as a strong-willed and mature woman, which influenced him to draw her as a single mother.

This isn't the new one is it? I can't find this one. The most recent show is the 3d version which is getting horrible reviews on imdb lol

These advertising companies know how to trigger engagement with the black community. I made that thread black privilege and people got upset. There is a black privilege in that we are the taste makers, the initial audience, the set it offs.

Rile back people up enough and we push engagement to the stratosphere and then once in the clouds it’s cultivated and taken to the higher heights it was intended.

If we just recognize that, we could control it instead of being controlled.

Back